Confirmed Buff counters not properly showing

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Jiponar, Apr 26, 2021.

1. Jiponar New Member

On short term buffs with counters I am noticed sometimes they don't show the counters and sometimes they do not show counters at all.

I notice it most commonly on monk synergy which should show 50 and sometimes has no counters or doesn't count down at all, it just fades after its been used so its a visual bug more than anything else.

I have also had it happen on the paladin self buff line (specifically ward of tunare).

The buffs are still working, but on ward it is really helpful to know how many counters have been used.
    Wulfhere, Thunderkiks, Raccoo and 6 others like this.
  2. Lisard Silly

this happens on quite a few buffs. but yes commonly. 2 more buffs it occurs on

Scarlet Cheetah Fang
    Seven Chakras Heel technique
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  3. Soulbanshee Augur

AA Improved Twincast I've seen missing buff counters, but it's one of the last ones I hit in my burn spam so wondering if there's a timing conflict that's causing the counter calculation to not fire.
  4. Duder Augur

Started noticing the same thing during ToV launch and submitted numerous bug reports. Guess they didn't get around to it =(
  5. Jiponar New Member

Great, well it affects all levels of the game if a lvl 70 spell and live spells are having same issue
  6. Duder Augur

Was just noting a time frame of when I first noticed it. It could have been a thing even before that time frame, don't know. Calm down.
  7. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I saw this for the first time today. Had two clients running on the same machine, both worked fine at first. A while later one of them stopped showing the counter while the other still showed it. It was the Mana Reiteration buff, and the counter disappeared from the client of the Enchanter who cast it, although I don't know if that matters. Once it disappeared it never came back, even after letting the aura fade and recasting it.
  8. kizant Augur

It's been doing it for years. Just figured it's one of those clients issues that's hard to fix.
    Rondor, Szilent, minimind and 2 others like this.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I've had this happen with rogues leg poison, sometimes it gets a counter, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes if it does get a counter it doesn't count down.

I just put it down to EQ weirdness. :)
  10. niente Developer

Anyone know a good way to reproduce this bug?

If you have seen it or know how to do it please let us know. Or if you have a video where it happens, that would help.
  11. Ratalthor Developer

Please PM me your character name, server, and any repro steps if this is happening to you.
  12. kizant Augur

The main way to get this to happen requires you to test with simulated server lag like we have during a raid. I'll try to make a video of it next time. Basically if you're in a situation where lag is very bad and then you click something like imrpoved twincast then the majority of the time it won't have a counter.
    Fenthen likes this.
  13. Duder Augur

I've also seen it with no lag in non raid instances. Such as heroic missions.
  14. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

Happens with improved twincast on magician for sure. Also sometimes where the reset graphic effect doesn't show on bifold and on the summoned orbs.. Have to sort of guess or open bags and drop it back into bag.
  15. kizant Augur

Happened during first raid. The lag was bad so I had to spam click to get Improved Twincast to activate. Then when it did it didn't have the counters. Look for it in the upper left.
    scaethach, Sancus and Fenthen like this.
  16. Jondalar Augur

Happens with shaman fleeting spirit sometimes as well.
  17. Fenthen aka Rath

This is 99% of the devs trying to test our bug reports. When you're in a lag-free environment you'll never see things like this.

Items not going red when on cool down. Being spammed in my spells window that I can't take any action right now as my spell gems are now on a 12 second cooldown and not 2.5 seconds, etc etc. And heaven forbid I stop songs, attempt to use my epic, and then start my melody back up. One time I had to log completely out during Defenders to get my bard's spellgems un-F'd!
    kizant likes this.
  18. Fenthen aka Rath

Ways to know lag is super bad on raids: the mechanics don't really do anything. That white aura of banishment? Oops. Which dev designed this one again? Ngreth tends to like ground auras.

The ending had me chuckling a little, seeing 40 of us flop over and die, lolol.
    kizant likes this.
  19. Cassiera MOAR DoTs

I've noticed this happening more and more often, on more than one class and more than one server.
    It is typically a lag/raid related occurrence, but I have sometimes seen it in regular group play.

Any update on this?
    Malakye likes this.
  20. kizant Augur

It still happens from time to time that I know of. But I haven't been to every raid since and we've had a few with low attendance so I've mostly seen bad lag but not super bad lag.