Misty Acorn (graphic issue, item location & forage)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Drakah, May 14, 2020.

1. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Not something we can do, can't see below the geometry, without resorting to software that is against the EULA. Have devs zoned into Misty thicket and actually noted WHERE the spawns are? noted that some are unreachable? they are not ON the ground?

And while my eyesight is fine, it should be noted that the average age of EQ players is NOT mid 20s, it's more like mid 40s-70s.. so a lighter patch of green that is not recognizable as an acorn should be fixed. I remember when spawns of apples and pomegranates in Elddar forest were skinned with a black background and red music notes. that got fixed, this should, an acorn is 3D not flat, and while some are green and large, they are still easy to distinguish from grass.
    Skuz, Coagagin, Fenthen and 1 other person like this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

They could always make them as big as banana leaves like they did the evergreen leaf that was hard to see.

But I was able to see them, yes it was tricky but I think a lot depends on one's computer set up and the spawn rate seems low - it was less than the evergreen leaves and apples.
    Skuz likes this.
  3. Flatchy Court Jester

Make each apple as big as an Ogre, us old farts might see them then!
  4. zleski Augur

Cue every tree humper to try and clip into the trees to look under ground.
  5. Ratalthor Developer

We're working on an updated visual for the acorn.
    Mesc, Raccoo, Stymie and 6 others like this.
  6. theonepercent Augur

But this isn't the bug report forum, is fixing stuff here legal?
    Fenthen likes this.
  7. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Honestly, the number of suggestions/fixes from Veterans seems to be greater than Bug Reports lately.

Improvements/fixes are great, but it would be nice to get some either new official guidance on how to go about getting things looked at or the new developers start following the system of actually looking at likes in Bug Reports before starting on something. There's plenty to do.
    Skuz and Fenthen like this.
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

Just pointing this out...if the acorn is spawning inside/under geometry, changing its appearance isn't going to fix that.
  9. Katarite TaneoMaku New Member

or up in the tops of trees, unreachable..
    Skuz and Fenthen like this.
  10. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Shoot! sorry I clicked the wrong account when logging into the boards..^^ is me..
  11. minimind The Village Idiot

See:

I don't think the devs fully believe that they are spawning under geometry... or they're baiting out cheaters. ("I used program X and can prove that they're 5 feet under the world!")

Changing the graphic will make lootable acorns easier to spot (good regardless) and hopefully easier to spot when they're in unreachable locations (tops of trees, etc.).
    Skuz, Fenthen and Coagagin like this.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Acorns will now be as big as the boats.

They always fix it so they do not get stuck in the geometry or stay up in trees and walls when they do these fixes.
  13. Ngreth Thergn Developer

While I'm still not willing to call it a bug. I agree that the two polygon green leaf is incredibly difficult to see on green ground AND is so small that the amount of it showing might as well be invisible. (Sometimes a 1 pixel line shows :/ Not really visible.)

I did some testing and could not find any that fell through the world.

So. I asked our art team to make me a low polygon acorn actor tag. (I asked for low because it will be used small, so why make it graphically intensive.) With this actor tag I change it the misty acorn to... an acorn!

I retested, and while I only re-popped four times, every time all acorns had at least the cap visible. And on the ground. Not in a tree or under the ground. I asked QA to make a more thorough test.

So, in the August patch, the misty acorn will be an acorn and easier to see on the ground.
    Mesc, Fenthen, Ssdar and 16 others like this.
  14. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Bummer I was hoping for a big ole NUT on the ground. Like how big those evergreen leafs are now. :D

But thanks for taking time to fix this for us. We know your busy
    Skuz likes this.
  15. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Thank you N'Greth!
    Skuz likes this.
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

17. Drakah UI Designer

Thank you SO much Ngreth, you made my day!
    Skuz likes this.
  18. Drakah UI Designer

Some screenshots from test today.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG]
    RPoo, minimind, Stymie and 2 others like this.
  19. Elyssanda Bardbrain

20. Nennius Curmudgeon

Very much appreciated.
    minimind likes this.