Mischief server - Contested Epic items

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Darktide, Jul 19, 2021.

1. Darktide Elder

I think it would be a good idea, to somehow modify certain highly overcamped epic spawns like Lord Bergurgle, or the Gimblox ring, or Cazel, SK Marlz or w/e... any of the highly farmed for krono NPCs that shouldn't be farmed in this way.

Is FV server this bad? Epics are a unique experience for people, that everyone wants to achieve. Considering how quickly the timeframe of the expansion expires, I don't believe this contributes to an overall good experience for people wishing to accomplish completion of their epics.

Proposed solution for quest related items.... anyone who "tags" the mob, gets the quest item.... similar to some other MMOs of today... quest items only.. that includes epic quest items...
    Delphwind likes this.
  2. Tweakfour17 Augur

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...gh-4-offered-to-sweeten-the-pot.276411/page-2

Seems like it is just as bad on FV
  3. Sunriver Journeyman

Heh, you can't compete with them on DPS. You think you're really going to be able to tag it first against them?

No, it simply needs to spawn more often or be triggered in some way. That's the only way the amateurs will get their turn.
  4. Darktide Elder

Not tag it first man...anyone who hits it gets the quest item.
  5. Ishbu2 New Member

This statement is extremely false.

First of all, epics are simply a quest, there are tons of quests in game. Hell doing the shawl or ring quests in velious is a more in depth quest line than any epic is. Epics when they were new and undiscovered were a different thing, but with DZs, pick zones, and numerous changes to drop and spawn rates, epics are nothing more than a quest, not a special quest, just a solid quest.

Then, there are lots of people who dont care about their epic at all. They get replaced within a couple months for half the classes.

People need to quit whining about epics so much. If you want yours, put in the comparatively little time they take to do.
    Delphwind likes this.
  6. Darktide Elder

you sound like someone looking to bait an emotional response. I dont even care what you think Ishbu2. Move along and go try to bother someone else.

you must be a krono farmer
    Demetri likes this.
  7. bardybard Augur

Any changes they will make will not be made in a timeframe that will help you on Mischief. The ship on those has sailed, good luck.
  8. bardybard Augur

Any you are making an emotional argument instead of trying to think through the problem rationally.
  9. Darktide Elder

another krono farmer
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

I have almost zero interest in 1.0 epics. I see them as very limited use. Epics like the Cleric water sprinkler are good forever so there are a few exceptions.
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

Wow, you really know how to win friends an influence people. Grats on being the 1000th person to start this thread.
  12. bardybard Augur

I am pretty sure the whine level on Mischief is at an all time high.
    Much higher than even Karendune last year.

Something about giving out everything free/minimum effort just brings out the worst entitlement in players
  13. wade_watts Augur

3 weeks into Kunark, about 75% of our semi-casual guild had epics. Some had to buy contested pieces. This is light years better than prior epics.

We have 4+ chanters with epics, every cleric (including box clerics) have epics, we even have 3 or more SK epics. I understand there is a lot of complaining but.... /gestures around broadly

Lets just be happy with the changes hat were made and suffer through the few remaining contested incidents.
  14. Demetri Augur

SoF+ it's useless (or maybe before that, I forget when the AA comes in exactly)
  15. Darktide Elder

think the post is encroaching on krono farmer territory, so operation shutdown is in the works. keep it up pro stars
  16. ForumBoss Augur

Fv has problems due to different reasons, some bosses are perma camped and the population is huge. They did add those npc that can spawn mobs that drop scales, books etc.

The mischief model works, they just didnt apply it to all mobs. They need to tag those aforementioned mobs as named, and thus add their drops to the random loot table similar to what was done for pegasus cloak, ring of the ancients, paladin books, soul leech, slime blood, etc. Those items are massively more obtainable on this server than past ones due to dropping off multiple mobs and being tradeable. Being able to bypass chardok royals by buying a cleric scroll, and getting a war blade off drusella was great.
  17. bardybard Augur

If you search this forum, you will see that the epic mobs that you mentioned have *intentionally* not been flagged as "rare". There are a few dev responses stating that and also the fact that they do not plan to add them to a list of "rare" mobs.
    We don't know what exact criteria they use to determine "rare" mobs, but the ones who only drop epic pieces are not actual loot do not meet it.
  18. Accipiter Old Timer

Ah, yeah, sorry. Not good "forever".
  19. Tweakfour17 Augur

It's hard to have a discussion with someone who assumes everyone who disagrees with them is a no good dirty rotten krono farmer.
  20. Nyvlag Elder

Methinks thou doth protest the "krono farmer" epithet a little too much. Projection?

For full transparency, before I am labeled a krono farmer, I have earned 10 whole kroners on this server. TEN. I know. I'm rich. Bow down.

Also, for the record, I would love to see some of the toxic as F epic camps get de-toxified.