Necromancer Emblem not "used in tradeskills" flagged

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by zleski, Jul 15, 2021.

1. zleski Augur

I imagine the other emblems from Bor Wharhammer are also not flagged. They are used in a number of recipes and the more recent emblems (such as Emblem of the Arch Lich) are flagged for use in tradeskills.

This change would help using Find Item and allow folks to store their emblems in tradeskill-only bags alongside other class emblems.

Additionally, the sewing kit is also not flagged, but neither are other tradeskill containers (such as sewing kits, fletching kits, research kits, and so on). The specific item paired with the Necromancer Emblem from Bor is "Druzzil's Mystical Sewing Kit," and because the other containers are not flagged, I don't include it explicitly here, but consider this a "hey should that be flagged?" question.
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

Because neither of those items are tradeskill items. Both the sewing kit and the emblems are ONLY used for making the armor. They are quest items and tradeskills are not used in the combine. The silk swatches are made with tradeskills, but the final combine has nothing to do with a tradeskill.
    Duder likes this.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

But the ores and the mediums used in the same combines are flagged as tradeskill, as are the mubis they are combined in, once again their is no consistancy.
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

This is the same as the "Oil of a Frog" debate.

Every armor piece "recipe" has the same elements: a mold/pattern, some sort of tool (needle, smithy hammer), the class emblem, and a certain number of tailored components. The containers used for the combines (forge or sewing kit) are one-time use quest items...they are NOT tradeskill containers. You can't do other combines in them. There is no tradeskill used when doing these combines, as they are no-fail. It's EXACTLY the same as any other quest in the game where you have to put items in a container and hit combine.

The fact that one of the components is a tradeskilled item is entirely irrelevant and does not make these combines a "tradeskill" in any way.
    Yinla likes this.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Exactly so the raid and group droped ores should not have the TS flag as they are not used in a tradeskill combine they are used in the mubis. The same goes for the Mediums from the vendor.
  6. Velisaris_MS Augur

The ores and swatches should ABSOLUTELY have the tradeskill tag, since they are used to make the ring/plates/cured swatches. Which you make with smithing/tailoring. Which are tradeskills.

There is no bug here. And, unlike the glaze components (which WERE inconsistently tagged), there's nothing inconsistent about any of the armor combines.

You're confusing a quest combine with actual tradeskill combines. Hitting a "combine" button on something does not make it a tradeskill recipe.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Diamondized Restless Ore is not used for making rings/plate, the same with the group version. No where did I mention swatches. Velium Empowement Medium and its group version is not used in a tradeskill combine only in the mubis for making the final item which is not a tradeskill combine.

It was the same in ToV, not sure on previous expansions.
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

OK, you and I are talking about two different expansions. :D

I've been responding to the OP's complaint about the PoP Tranquility armor combines, with the container/emblem you get from the NPC in PoTranquility not being labled as tradeskill. I thought that you also were referring to them, which is why I was confused as to why you kept referring to "ores" dropping, when PoP named/gods drop molds/patterns and the ores/swatches drop from trash.