War Ranged Hate

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Valdest, Jun 23, 2021.

1. Valdest Journeyman

I have a question about ranged hate generation.

The use case is that you are tanking a mob in camp. An add spawns out of range of Aggravate. Since the Aggravate range is 100, lets say the mob spawns at 150 to 200 from camp.

Question what do you use to pull that mob to camp and secure hate from any AoE's being used? I can't find range information on AA abilities like Blast of Anger or Warlord's Fury.

Your help is appreciated.
  2. Szilent Augur

AAs
    Blast of Anger 80 https://www.raidloot.com/spells?name=blast of anger&effect=&class=&level=&view=
    Warlord's Fury 200 https://www.raidloot.com/spells?name=s fury&effect=&class=Warrior&level=&view=

Spike of Anger II (HH Sebilis bracer click) 300 https://www.raidloot.com/spells?name=spike of anger ii&effect=&class=&level=&view=

Tempest Blades 50
    Aggravate 100
    Oppressing Shout 50 (don't use on raids)
    Precise Discord (proc from Confluent Precision) 300
    Kragek's Roar 100
    https://www.raidloot.com/spells?name=rk. iii&effect=&class=Warrior&level=&view=
    Valdest likes this.
  3. Valdest Journeyman

Was just going to say Warlord's Fury is an option but a long refresh. I looks like I have to get the Spike of Anger II clicky.
  4. Szilent Augur

I have not used mine in all the years it's existed, but sure
  5. Gnomereaper Augur

6. Tucoh Augur

Run at bard speed at the loose mobs, blindly mashing all your hotkeys and cause a chain summon reaction and get ping ponged all over the place as the mobs run around like crazy. Works great!
    Dre. likes this.
  7. Valdest Journeyman

What do you think I am doing now:p
  8. p2aa Augur

It's not because your guild forbid it to use it in raid due to buff lock, that this is not a good tool to use. It's a good hate tool for warrior that has also a debuff component. It has its use in the frontload hate you can generate on a mob asap to get a hate lead.
  9. Flight New Member

Don't ever change buddy :)
    Tucoh likes this.
  10. The real Sandaormo Augur

Can't remember the refresh on Sebilis bracer click ( at work atm but I assume too long to pull over and over fast if needed ) but if something I want pulled over is out of range, I would use Staff of Viral Flux. Agro it and then aggravate when it's in range, then back to the mob I was on. Always have Staff on a hot key for pulling, way faster than bow and arrow etc.
    Valdest likes this.
  11. Thundersnake Elder

I use Wade into battle or Expanse and let god sort em out. Changing target is for try hards =-D
  12. Bigstomp Augur

I step forward to the mobs, stormstrike blade, then get settled again. (I am not popular with enchanters)
    Tucoh likes this.
  13. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Not flashy enough, what's the range on Rampage? :D
  14. p2aa Augur

From top of my mind, Warlord's Fury is like around 1 min recast time once it did fade ? I read that Spike of anger II click is 2 min recast

It's about time warriors get all their short reuse time aggro discs range of 100 (aggravate, kragek roar, gut punch to name the main ones) being brought to 200 like knights aggro spells.
    Bigstomp likes this.
  15. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Right after knights aggro becomes instant cast, non-interruptable, and unresistable.
  16. Bigstomp Augur

Letting warriors aggro things at a little longer range is not going to hurt knights.
    Dre. and Warpeace like this.
  17. Chaosflux Augur

You mean paladins

SK already have plenty of unresistable instant cast aggro abilities

War range should absolutely equal knights range at this point and its as silly as Paladins not having instant cast abilities with an override at this point. Its not really a us vs them thing tho no idea why you are making it one.
  18. p2aa Augur

lol, trying to compare a quality of life change to a major class change, these are simply not in the same ballpark.
  19. Chaosflux Augur

To be fair the change he is asking for is also a QOL, dude just being silly about how he brought it up.
    Szilent likes this.
  20. p2aa Augur

All knight aggro spell being instant cast and etc ? so for paladins for example, stuns, crush, protest, valiant are aggro spell etc, no cast time, etc ? that's not quality of life change, that's even more than a major change asking, that's delusional lol.