I just cancelled three accounts :)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Herf, Jul 12, 2021.

1. Herf Augur

No no, it's not like that :)

But because all 3 accounts are on auto renew, and I change the renewal cycle depending on available funds, this is the only way to ensure that I get a chance to make a decision before being billed. It's also the only way I can decide if I want to spend a krono.

Since they removed the displayed info for time remaining on the account from the in game Inventory, this is the easiest way to control my accounts. Bring back the in game notice of remaining time before renewal pls.
    Fenthen, Dre., Moege and 4 others like this.
  2. Khat_Nip Meow

3. Herf Augur

What does that mean? I'm old and not up on all the whipper snappers memes :)
    Yinla likes this.
  4. Khat_Nip Meow

I'm old-ish too. It's a cookie.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Are you suggesting that they are trying to hide this information from you? When they removed it they also explained why they did that and why they couldn't fix it and keep it. At this point I don't see it ever coming back.
  6. Herf Augur

(in attorney voice) No I am not alleging a conspiracy. I'm just noting that were I in charge of accounts at DayPaw, I'd rather have customers NOT cancelling their accounts (even if they still have 6 months of play time) because some of them may not come back, and because it reduces the subscriber metric.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Is it important enough for you that they start removing expansion features that require code support or other code work in order for them to get the needed code time to fix it? Sure it was a nice feature but there are plenty of ways you can set up a recurring reminder of when your subscription will renew.
  8. Jennre Band Leader

I recommend setting a reminder on your phone.
    Elyssanda and Tatanka like this.
  9. cadres Augur

They explained they'd had a teeny tiny number of complaints that the number wasn't always accurate.
    They got a huge heap of complaints when it was removed from folk who said, in a nutshell, we would rather have marginally inaccurate info than no info at all (it was accurate to a day or 2, IME - and I used it *all* the time)
    The info then appeared, for a short time (few months?) on the launcher - and then disappeared from there too.
    I didn't see any explanation for that - did I miss it?

If I'm playing EQ, I do not want to be having to check another device. it makes all kinds of sense to me to have that very fundamental information available in game.

Like the OP I have made sure, when this originally kicked off, that 3 of my accs do not auto-renew because of this. I don't suddenly want to find substantial sums I'm not expecting have left my account. I now pay, intermittently, with kronos instead. I know a heap of folk who've done broadly similar. So they are losing cash hand over fist because they cannot let us have what seems to me (as a non-tech-type) a very simple utility.
    Herf likes this.
  10. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I use the 500 DBC claim info in the marketplace to keep track of my renewal dates if I'm in game and want to check. It will tell you when the next period starts and that should coincide with your next charge date.
  11. Sissruukk Rogue One

If you keep an eye on your bank account, you can pretty much figure out when it renews and won't be "surprised" by auto-pay withdrawals from your account. Much like any other auto-pay out there.

Having the estimated time in game was nice, but having it the way it is now is no different than any other company out there...you need to go to your account online and see when the bill date will happen. It isn't that big of a deal.
  12. Nennius Curmudgeon

The story was that it wasn't always completely accurate. Close would be good enough for me. Yes, I can look it up, so that broken record response doesn't need to be blindly trotted out again. I just like convenience in a service I pay for.
  13. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Can I have your stuff?

(Yes, I know you're not quitting. I still want your stuff)
    Herf likes this.
  14. Nennius Curmudgeon

If that was for me....NO!! :)

Not quite done getting rangers and halflings killed yet. :p
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Of course it was not accurate.

Krono give an account 30 days - no more no less

Credit cards give you 30 or 31 depending on the month.

People on TLP specifically, would get caught 1 day short and have to log into normal servers to pay up.

Lots of petitions and complainers on that issue so this is the way they decided to "fix" it. So now we are forced to go look at the bill date and cannot blame them for a day off here and there.

Doesn't matter how they spin it or what they blamed it on, its that one friggin day difference.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I have a post-it note at the bottom of my second screen with account renewal dates on, it was a difficult and traumatic experience clicking my mouse a few times on each account's page and writing those dates with a pencil, I may need to go and have a lie down for a few hours after that intense physical exertion and stress, I'm exhausted now.
  17. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Nope, talking to the OP, of course!
  18. Nennius Curmudgeon

Well, OK then. :)
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They never said they got a teeny tiny number of complaints. What they said was they had gotten complaints about the number being inaccurate and when they looked into it there was no easy fix for it. Because of this they decided to remove it because it isn't a good idea to showing inaccurate information like this. If people are complaining now because they can't see it how much do you think they will be complaining if it shows they have a week left on their sub and they get an unexpected renewal charge?

The point is that they have stated that they removed it because it was inaccurate and there was going to be a bit of work to fix it so they decided to remove it.

Now that I have explained that I will ask my question again, what are you willing to give up for them to spend the time to fix this? Are you willing to give up expansion features? Are you willing to give up other fixes that may come in a future patch? They can't spend time fixing this without giving up time elsewhere so please tell me how much you are willing to give up to fix this when there are plenty of other ways to track this?
  20. Bardy McFly Augur

Came here to suggest this.
    Herf likes this.