More Server Mergers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by IrongronAlt, Jun 27, 2021.

1. Coagagin Guild house cat

I was going to point out that adding people to the already very high population servers because Povar is still having problems is like cutting one's nose off despite you face. Bristle has problems staying up when people actually leave the server and you want MORE problems?
    Leerah and Nennius like this.
  2. KaldaryeRZ Greon's better half

Interesting. It says we're low population but we think we're doing great on Zek. There are 3 level 115 guilds on Zek that raid and a scattering of lower level guilds that do not. My guild raids by itself and the other two guilds are in a raid alliance. We fill up raids and I believe the alliance is close to doing the same. There's a lot of dedicated people on Zek so I suspect the ratio of people who raid vs the total population is higher on Zek than on some of the bigger servers listed.
  3. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Vox server, in particular resists more and more people in chats as far as I can see. Trakanon server was "empty", but had a LOT of characters on it, multi boxers could play and harm noone, a husband and wife duo could enjoy doing 1.0 epics in utterly uncontested camps and just have fun. Then camp out, log on to Luclin-Stromm and raid.

EQ needs servers with divergent populations to cater to all customers. Many people want to play without crowds sometimes, and with crowds at others-

Stilted server populations provide this space for long term players.

It was Trakanon server being so utterly devoid of buffs, that we as a family progressed from 3, to now 11 accounts between the three of us, just to have shaman buffs on tap. ( we bought heroics for the same reason)

Low population does NOT mean insolvent.

The one thing that KILLS TLPs is Prenerfs stop dropping = Krono farm moves to next new TLP. Park characters with prenerfs until server hits live = Profit.

There is zero incentive for a new / returning player, other than the desire for quietude, to join these servers/

Trakanon had the perfect solution:

Free transfers off, at will at any time.

Our family has an entire guild on Xegony of characters developed on Trakanon

Just make transferring off any "Low Population" server (Create specific parameter here) I'd say fewer than 20 traders in bazaar is a marker, free, to any server of the same expansion unlock or higher.
    Specifically because Trak was a thng, we bought all sorts of heroics, character slots,, new guild hall writs on the servers we movelog to, etc.

Please note!

Those sales were the direct result of, but never attributed to Trakanon servers bottom line.
  4. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Our family had assets on Selo and with the merge coming, we are back playing here until the merge We would have transferred off after PoP really, but not for cash. Someone thinks selling the transfers is good business instead of healthy server populations.

Not allowing family guilds with 12 characters to transfer off together without a car payment sometime between the collapse and - literally noone in Bazaar right now and we're 5/7 people in PoK would be nice.

People would even roll new on empty servers just take away the 3 year death sentence until there's a future for the characters again.
    Marton and Leerah like this.
  5. Grumpy old man New Member

make 4 live server
    marge ALL TLP into 1 server and never make another TLP AGAIN
    Leerah likes this.
  6. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Child, TLPs are keeping the lights on.
    Lanffear likes this.
  7. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Also-
    Have any idea how many servers we have existing characters on? They would have to substantially increase the number of character slots per server to accommodate, or lose customers, because it would be a defacto sunsetting of hundreds of characters.

That would be a deal breaker.
  8. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Oh, and stop quantifying each server as individual customers. Many many of us play on more than one server. Regardless of which server we go to, we end up buying mounts, writs, rolling alts for buffs.

Seemingly empty server may not be as useless as you think. The main focus needs to be on not killing off customer gains by endlessly creating servers that noone wants to roll on after PoP. because there's no future for the characters. Uncontested epic / chase loot camps and free tansfers off is an incentive. Over a 10 year span our family spent more on purchases as a result of an empty server, than on high population servers where there was a 24/7 afk pile and always cheap twink gear.

Add a low population +12.5% xp bonus to any low population server and free tansfers off for any character 30+ days old on an account the has gone through a full billing cycle FTW.
    Leerah likes this.
  9. Leerah Augur

Well, Unholy Czars welcomes whole families. Just tell us when the kids are on so we can use kid-friendly language.
  10. Sissruukk Rogue One

What do you mean by this? (Just seeking clarification)
  11. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Trak merged into Vox and Vox was low pop as well- both servers had who remained because they liked it that way, moreso than servers with higher populations is all. I'm a chat maven and talk to people and ask a lot. I love that EQ servers all have different cultures.
  12. Sissruukk Rogue One

Vox seems deader than it is (it usually reaches medium load during peak hours) because of our lack of ongoing chat in general. I think a lot of it is because we don't tend to go around igniting fires by talking about things such as politics (though, some people do have their moments) or taking issues with people and/or guilds into the public spotlight. So, things tend to stay quieter on Vox. We have our moments as well when someone goes off on a tirade about boxers as well.
    Though, I will have to say that we could probably be more open to having casual chat with folks. I tend to get hyperfocused on what I am doing when I am not lounging in the guild hall (and not semi-afk whilst doing so), so I tend to not even pay attention to guild chat. When I am lounging in the guild hall and not semi-afk, I will usually chat with whomever in genchat if some people are talking.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  13. code-zero Augur

I know that I personally turn off autojoin for any general channels no matter what server I'm playing on. I'm either playing or /afk and in either case I'll not be paying attention to chat channels
    Tatanka and Yinla like this.
  14. Leerah Augur

Confused. Wouldn't you like to have MORE people to chat with?

15. Accipiter Old Timer

Uh huh. Presumably you like EQ and want to keep playing it. If either Live or TLP go away, that's the end of EQ. Learn to get along.
  16. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Same here, except I do auto-join General, and it's in a tab I'm not looking at. So, if I have a question (once a month, maybe) I can ask, and when I have the occasional in-game down-time (OOC regen, etc), I might tab to it just to see what's up.
    code-zero likes this.
  17. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Would that be LARGE marge? Sounds like something from a horror movie, tbh ;)
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Large Marge was in charge each time she was pregnant with Bart, Lisa & Maggie.
    I'm sure Homer would agree with her being "something from a Horror-Movie" at those times.:D

19. Tatanka Joe Schmo

LOL, what a big wonderful world we live in!

Never watched the Simpsons, never thought about Marge Simpson in my post.....

Stymie and Skuz like this.
  20. Cailen Augur

the problem is in no way server population, every server has enough players.... they don't have enough good players. In my limited experience raiding with open raid teams on cazic I'm amazed by the high number of absolute bad players that are unwilling to learn. Don't get me wrong there are some great players on those teams but the bads drag them down. The enchanter class when considering over all game play is not easy.... but it's not very hard to be an adequate raid enchanter that qualifies as not a bad if you're willing to listen/learn and are capable of following emotes/mechanics. Cazic is pretty high population with 2 higher end guilds so I can only imagine it's worse on some servers.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.