15 Saved Merc AA's = This

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Shnikins, Jul 2, 2021.

1. Shnikins New Member

15 saved AA's is the max you can store for a Mercenary. When you hit 100% 15 AA, your personal exp increases by 13.5%. And obviously when you spend 1 or more, it is reduced by that amount.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Tatanka likes this.
  3. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

It's 15 at level 90.
    Source: HoT on Ragefire, lvl 90 player lvl cap, 15 stored Merc AA cap
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

Seems like an answer seeking a question.
    Skuz, Duder, Madeni and 2 others like this.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

As I said, some information was left out that was important, the fact that it was on a TLP server.

Perhaps posted in TLP forum would have been a better place.

Is a statement or question? Either way, I will bow out of this one and let you TLP'ers handle it since I know zip about TLP and have no wish to know more:D

I also left out info too on my original response and have to admit it looks odd so I went back and added the link
    Elyssanda likes this.
  6. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

I have no idea if OP is on a TLP or just not adequate level to have the 20 merc AA cap or some other status of their account.

The only reason, I replied, was that you source is only partially correct. It's kind of like normal AA's and when someone calls a flat number as the max banked AA, where max banked AA is totally dependent on the level of a toon.

As for the OP's thread? I can only imagine that they're trying to perform some PSA of sorts..
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

lol I thought because you sourced Ragefire and that is a TLP that you had knowledge that would be how merc aa work on the TLP.

And since there was no mention of level it looked like he meant overall cap, not level cap.

Maybe the op will chime in and help us all out. But for me, I am done with this post. :D
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

What neither of you are discussing is what I think was his main point was, and I'm curious about that....

do you make more XP when your merc AA XP buffer is full (whether that's 15, 20, or whatever, who cares)?
  9. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

I mean, if you take it at face value, OP is stating:
    When you have the maximum stored Merc AA AND the Merc AA bar is filled to 100%, you gain 13.5% XP.

Now, if OP means AA XP or base XP? Only OP knows. AA XP varies depending on the number of AA's you have, and 13.5% base XP could be huge or insignificant depending on level.

There's just a lot of info left out, as Cat mentioned.
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Yes, there's a lot of unknowns.

The way I read it was, the XP that would go to fill the merc AA bar goes to you as a bonus if the merc AA bar is filled up. If that's what he's saying, and it's true, it a pretty big deal. For those who don't use mercs normally, they could let the bar fill, using a merc, and then pocket the merc, and get the permanent 13.5% XP bonus.

Even if you use a merc, hardly anyone has all the AAs for all the merc types filled up. I'd fill out the AAs for the merc type(s) I use, and then instead of spending to fill out the ones I don't use, I'd leave the bar full and enjoy the XP bonus :)
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  11. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

With Overseer now, there's probably quite a few with Max Merc AA's now. They go pretty quick using Overseer. I don't think you get an XP "bonus" when it's full, you just get back the XP you were using by splitting it with the Merc.
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Well, that's what I mean by "bonus". You're getting XP you'd normally not get, because the merc was taking it. I'm never full up on merc AAs, to I never see that XP. That will probably change soon :)
  13. Bobokin Augur

Why is there a cap on saved Merc AA at all? Other than having only 2 digits for the field in the database, it shouldn't matter. Isn't this an artificial restriction that causes players to send points to the bit bucket?
    Velisaris_MS and Nennius like this.
  14. Nennius Curmudgeon

A good question. And why is the cap 20? All questions that only a developer can really answer.

Perhaps there could be an AA line to increase it.
  15. shiftie Augur

I mean this is pretty easy logic. Once the merc is capped you get the xp you would usually split. The cap exists so you can’t bank unlimited as and max out a merc as tree for when they expand merc aa in the future.
  16. Bobokin Augur

With abilities costing 8, 10, or more per level, and having other abilities as prerequisites, isn't 20 too low. In any case, who cares if someone maxes the merc tree in the future? Didn't they earn those points along the way?

Where does Overseer EXP go when the player is maxed and the merc banked AA points are at 20? It doesn't go into player AA because Overseer doesn't apply to player AA for some reason.
  17. Svann2 The Magnificent

They siphon it off and buy bitcoins
    :eek:
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

IMO the Merc AA cap should be set at 2.5x the cost of the most expensive Merc AA purchase.
    So @115 2.5x14 = 35

I was pretty annoyed when I had a 20 merc aa reward when I had 7 saved up I could not have spent on anything.

I would also suggest merc AA rewards are never more than the difference between the Merc AA cap and the lowest available Merc AA cost -1
    So @115 (35 - 8) -1 = 26
  19. Angahran Augur

There should be a slider where you can adjust how much xp is going to your merc.
    If the slider is at 0%, the merc gets it's normal amount.
    If the slider is at 100%, the xp which would have been going to your characters AAs goes to the merc instead in addition to the normal amount).

Give us something to use xp on when we are 99.9999% into level, purchased every AA (ignoring those pointless fireworks) and have 230 banked AAs.
    Stymie likes this.
  20. Tatanka Joe Schmo

What really exposes the broken-ness (?) of the situation is that you can be max-level, max-AA, and still have merc AAs unearned yet!
    Stymie likes this.