Free tip of the day

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vule_Xyrashue, Jul 6, 2021.

1. Vule_Xyrashue Journeyman

/rt targets the last person to send you a tell. It works as long as they're in zone. Use it to fulfill buff requests or find people in the tunnel.
  2. Cainen Augur

You can even make it into a macro.
    /rtar
    /pause 3
    /cast # whatever buff you want
    /tt Inc buffs dont run off.
  3. c313 Augur

Target a mob and entering the command /EX will display how much experience that mob will give you
  4. Vulken9 Journeyman

There’s always that one person that thinks this is original.
  5. Thash Zoner

As a person that fell for it once, it was actually pretty funny before they added the camp timer. A rite of passage, like it or not. Now it's just harmless reminiscence of the old days.
  6. Accipiter Old Timer

/ex doesn't have a camp timer.
  7. Thash Zoner

I could have sworn it did when I tried last. But, you're right. Maybe it needs one.
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

It's a dumb mechanic but it's here to stay. If you /ex you still stay in the world for 30 seconds, the same time it would take to camp. Plus you're vulnerable during that time. I know lots of people use it but I always /camp desk.
    Nolrog likes this.
  9. Nolrog Augur

Yeah. I try it from time-to-time in hopes that it will get me out quicker than /camp but it doesn't and I still die.

Makes sense though. Very exploitable if it wasn't. Pull a bunch, snare one, everyone /ex (maybe someone instant invis) come back and you split the room.
  10. Tweakfour17 Augur

I'm surprised "trueboxing" yourself isn't abused this way more tbh. Maybe people are scared of catching a suspension for being flagged as breaking truebox rules too many times.
  11. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I think it's hard to pull that off consistently, or at least to know that it will work before it happens. With that said, I've been trueboxed a few times, thought I was gonna be dead every time, never was. It's pretty reliable in that sense.
  12. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

/note

So handy to make notes, people you need to parcel, people who need to parcel you, note about group friends etc! Playing EQ on and off since 99, didn't know about it till last year!
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

Honestly, I never think of it. I should, though.
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

True. The dumb mechanic I was referring to is really just having /ex at all. It's exactly the same as camping but you don't get to see yourself die. ;-)

I totally agree that it has to be this way or it would be exploited to death.
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

A truebox disconnect removes you from the world instantly, unlike /ex.
  16. TLP Addict Augur

Yeah there's a reason people say send tells for buffs, people that ask for buffs in raid chat should be tarred and feathered.