Luck stat questions.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Skinwalker, Jul 3, 2021.

1. Skinwalker New Member

How vital is this stat above what you get already via the alots that come with it already on them?

Is it actually performance enhancing goong fron 120 to 150 or 180?

Does anyone have anything to prove its validity?

More healing ? How much ?

More dps ? How much ?

Thanks in advance.
  2. Shredd Augur

I can just go by what my logs tell me, I see almost non-stop luck crits at 147 luck. I have 22 on charm luck aug and want to get it to 30.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Skinwalker New Member

Whats you're total dex ?
  4. Viper1 Augur

the increase is minimal. If you're holding onto lesser stat items (heroics/HME) for higher luck values... don't. It's basically a carrot on the end of a stick for the hardcore min/maxers to chase.
  5. Shredd Augur

shaman nothing to do with dex. .. heal crits.
  6. Sancus Augur

I answered this in a PM, but just to avoid potential misinformation in this thread:

50% of your criticals will be lucky once you have 10 luck (between 1 and 9 luck, 45% of your criticals will be lucky). Looking at raid parses, that appears to be true for heals as well. The change with luck bins is the amount of critical damage (and, presumably, critical healing) added by lucky crits. Here's the table for critical damage:

[IMG]

As you can see from the above, there are diminishing returns. Therefore, if you have current gear, the returns are extremely low from increasing your luck. The actual amount of DPS (or healing) gained will depend on your class.

Also note that the maximum achievable luck is 180, but I haven't tested it and therefore it is not included in the above table.
    fransisco, Jordis, Cicelee and 11 others like this.
  7. Zolav Augur

Sanc! Come here I wanna give you a big hug for this. Ya its awkward but hey! I appreciate you.
    Sancus likes this.
  8. Windance Augur

Great chart Sancus.

I am curious how you got the data. How do you scale up luck with out changing other stats?
  9. Sancus Augur

There aren't any stats that impact DD/DoT/heal critical chance, nor are there any stats that impact critical damage/healing. Melee critical chance is impacted by H-Dex, but since luck doesn't change critical chance that doesn't matter. Hit damage in the absence of luck scales predictably - the impact of spell damage or H-Str, for example, is known/well documented.

Beyond that, there's an older thread where Ngreth confirmed the data values for luck up through 120. That's where the min/max lucky chance comes from, because there's no way to tell as a player that lucky chance has variability. From a practical standpoint it doesn't matter; 45-55% lucky critical chance is functionally the same as 50% lucky critical chance (the latter of which is the best you can determine from parse data).
    Jordis and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  10. Tucoh Augur

I just got off the phone with Ngreth, in the next expansion they're going to make luck the primary stat and add exponentially increasing platinum costs to increasing it. It's part of a larger effort to decrease the amount of platinum on people's accounts to decrease lag in raids.
    Axel, Deux, Stymie and 2 others like this.
  11. Nennius Curmudgeon

Pardon my innate skepticism. Lots of folks stretch the truth here. But if true, that is cool, and I am a bit envious.
  12. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Ok, I was skeptical about the, "got off the phone with Ngreth", part, but the rest sounded pretty much like I would expect to hear from Darkpaw. They always think we have too much platinum. But it's the 1% that horde the tens and hundreds of millions of plats, most players do not have that much. But everyone but the 1% suffer when they decide to "remove" some from the game.

Right up until, "It's part of a larger effort to decrease the amount of platinum on people's accounts to decrease lag in raids". Yes, because that's the cause of the lag, too much platinum in people's accounts. :D.

Nicely done, Tucoh. :cool:
    Tucoh, Metanis and Skuz like this.
  13. Svann2 The Magnificent

14. Metanis Bad Company

Well, next expansion I should be able to bag the evolving items with only 5 Luck on them.
  15. Stymie Pendragon

;)
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  16. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

What would a phone conversation with an ogre go like?

In a dank cave deep inside the DarkPaw corporate headquarters a phone rings. Ngreth picks up the phone due to the shrill noise it makes. The constant ringing annoys Ngreth and he examines the phone closely wondering what kind of magic it is:

You: Hi Ngreth this is Tucoh from the boards...I didn't know if you missed some of my posts so I thought I'd call you to go over my great ideas...you're not busy right?
    Ngreth: Wut iz dis? I hear voice
    You: Yeah this is Tucoh...Tucoh from Everquest you know me right?
    Ngreth: Can't see youse?
    Tucoh: Well duh we're on the phone
    Ngreth: GET..IN..MY..BELLY! *eats phone*
    Skuz likes this.
  17. Accipiter Old Timer

Perfect! Keeps me from buying the next expansion.

(Yeah, I know it was sarcasm.)
  18. quakedragon Augur

Question, does luck affect overseer?
  19. Shredd Augur

Thanks Sancus
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

*wipes coffee off screen*

:D
    Deux and Metanis like this.