Shadow Knight 1.0 Epic

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Lenx, Jun 30, 2021.

1. Lenx New Member

Hello Everyone!

I've been playing on Mischief since it's start and have a bit of a rant about the Shadow Knight Epic 1.0 and I'm requesting that Kurron Ni, and Marl Kastane's respawn timers be lowered to a reasonable time, 7-8 hours or less.

Currently on Mischief, with the large amount of shadow knights who would be eventually seeking their epic only 20 of them would only be able to start, not even complete the quest due, in the current Era of Kunark. I believe that this is honestly unfair to most players who want to play this expansion in its entirety. I'm sure other players are of a similar mind that there is no need to have such a huge bottleneck on a TLP server especially when some expansions only last 2 months.
  2. Cainen Augur

Marl already had his respawn lowered significantly, i wouldnt expect another change.

As for Kurron, he is skippable with the first part of the shaman epic. Bring a chanter to get the gem.
  3. Lenx New Member

Kurron for the SK part is not skippable. And Marl even though they lowered his timer is still three days.
  4. Cainen Augur

Ok, well my SK epic(ON MISCHIEF) says otherwise, but i'm sure you know best.
  5. Lenx New Member

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about because Kurron is not skippable on any server lmao.
  6. Cainen Augur

You are welcome to chose to believe what you want. I'm done trying to help you. I have my epic(on mischief) already and didnt use Kurron.
  7. Kahna Augur

Have a chanter charm the shaman epic mob and you can do the turn in on the SK. Totally skippable.
  8. Leseul Journeyman

If Kuron isn't skippable why am I wielding a SK epic and still trying to sell the Darkforge pieces I pre-farmed?
  9. Tierdal Augur

You people won't be satisfied until Marl just show up where you spawn in after making a fresh character and hands you Innoruuks Curse, will you?

It is called Epic for a reason.
  10. Cainen Augur

Also according to recent posts on Allas, Marl is down to about 10 hours, perfectly reasonable for an epic spawn.

SK 1.0 is fine. Most epics are now perfectly doable in era with a small amount of work. As they should be.
  11. Lenx New Member

The SK epic is not fine if only 20-30 SKs on the server can start in ERA on a TLP with two months between expansions the right way without skipping. Because every other resource is telling me it is not skippable. I'm not expecting a hand out I'm purely just trying to do the damn quest.
  12. Cainen Augur

There are several threads on this board talking about the skip and how its working on TLPs(including Mischief).

There are multiple posts on allakhazam saying Marl is no longer as long a spawn as you say.

There are already, 1 week in, at LEAST 6 SK epics on mischief that I have PERSONALLY seen.

YOU are refusing to see the evidence people are putting in front of you because you dont WANT to believe it. The SK epic is FINE.

Its ok to be wrong, its how you deal with new information that sets you apart from everyone else who's been wrong in their life..... Take this new info and perhaps, maybe, change your mind.
    Stymie likes this.
  13. Tierdal Augur

if its not personally delivered to you as you long in after character creation, its not fine
  14. tzeriel Lorekeeper

Epics are not fine. They’re arguable at best on a normal TLP. 6 weeks isn’t enough to keep them as is. Every epic mob should spawn in a DZ. every NPC should be up to accept turn ins. The effort of getting epics should be in mustering groups where necessary and camping drops.
    Dre. and Stymie like this.
  15. Cainen Augur

Its been a week, and my small group of friends(about 10 of us with about 24 toons) have completed:

2 cleric
    1 sk
    1 paladin
    1 monk
    1 shaman
    1 mage

We are missing the broken golem for our wizzy epic(just havent taken the 6ish hours to camp it yet)
    We are missing 1 uncommon sky drop for the necro epic.
    We are 1 Water staff away from a 2nd mage epic.
    We are 1 fight away from a rogue epic.

Within a WEEK. Yes it took some pre-kunark farming, and yes we got lucky with some drops. But epics are obtainable, most only require 2 groups at WORST. They are EPICS, they take a small amount of work. If you cant complete them in a month, its ok you can always go back and get them later.

The only ones that are game changing are the cleric epic, and thats one of the easier ones to get.
  16. Xanathol Augur

Having a chanter charm the mob did not work, but there are other ways.
  17. theonepercent Augur

Charming sets the enchanters faction to amiable and everyone elses to indifferent which is what you need to get the gem and turn in...it can't not work. Would love to hear your other method tho.
  18. Xanathol Augur

What part of didn't work don't you understand? Hint: the enchanter was able to get the gem, but the sk was not.
  19. Yeux New Member

Of all the people saying the SK epic is fine, how many of you used the Shaman epic exploit? The vast majority of SKs with their epic on these servers right now did. Hell I saw one earlier who had already gotten a spare Will of Innoruk for his bp.

If the community has to rely on exploits to make a quest reasonable, it is broken. The timer being lowered on Kurron is not asking for a lot. Having Marl not despawn at all would be swell, since he's needed for several hand ins, not just the next to last when he despawns.
  20. Cainen Augur

Marl only despawns on the next to last turn in. he USED to despawn on every turn in, so you had to wait DAYS just for 1 epic to be completed, instead of hours now. Marl is fine.

Lowering the spawn time of Kurron to 6 hours like the broken golem was would be great, but the quest is still 100% doable now. If raising your faction via the shaman quest is an exploit..... I cant really convince you otherwise, but its existed for 20 years and WAS changed to only be 100 faction instead of unlimited. So they already adjusted it, if/when it gets adjusted again, revisit the "brokenness" of the SK epic, till then its fine and plenty of SKs have theirs on Mischief.