Raid scene on Mischief lacking?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kahna, Jun 21, 2021.

1. Wovel Journeyman

This server had a 4 week classic…
    Protocol likes this.
  2. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Raiding 100% sucks. FV is the highest population Live Server and only has 3 raid guilds clearing content. There's no real need to raid on this server, when you can get good enough gear without much effort.

Welcome to the casual server. Any future server not having random loot, free trade, and increased rare spawns is going to struggle to attract and retain players.
    oldkracow likes this.
  3. RABKkehhalla Elder

Raiding is all this game has. What else do you do?
  4. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Fun.
  5. Accipiter Old Timer

I think I did, too.
  6. bardybard Augur

We're talking about Everquest here, yea?
  7. Protocol Dragon Defender

Only people who did parceling duty got leadership cuts; I never did parcels and I never received nor requested any additional cut.
  8. RABKkehhalla Elder

I'm not even sure if zaide knows an expansion outside of classic.
  9. Rizlowder New Member

saying he knows classic is giving too much credit
  10. Kobra Augur

Do Faceless members still display casual racism?

They did on Lockjaw, which was why I quit their garbage guild.
  11. HicksAradune Augur

Who'd have thought? A guild based solely on making as much money for the leaders is having issues
  12. Protagonist Tank

And previous servers had 30+ guilds clearing classic content in those first 4 weeks, versus the 5-7 that mischief had.
  13. Stepbrowhatamidoing New Member

there a progression chart?

like what guilds have killed what ect
  14. RABKkehhalla Elder

15. RABKkehhalla Elder

You can see the difference in raiding guilds compared to Aradune in era
  16. Triconix Augur

Cool. I think raiding is the most fun thing in this game. Everything else gets pretty boring.

I mean, you need those raid guilds on FV in order to buy that gear. No raid guilds = no raid gear to buy. Quite the dilemma, isn't it?

And please, let's not talk about buying group gear. One mission run (1 hour) and you'll be fully equipped for the expansion. If you need free trade to buy that kind of gear you are beyond casual at that point. Also, if raiding isn't fun for you, I assume grouping is then? So you don't buy that gear on FV I assume? Seems like free trade really isn't a real concern for you because, shockingly, that group gear is just as easy to acquire on live than it is on FV. What gear are you actually buying? Oh wait, I know! You can buy that gear from stuff you don't like doing. The same gear you acquire from the thing you said is unnecessary. Weird.

Also, comparing FV to any live server is kind of being bias. All the people that wanted free trade had only 1 server to choose from. Meanwhile, anyone who wanted normal rules had multiple. The population of all players wanting normal rules (live servers) vs players who wanted free trade (FV) absolutely shows what players prefer. Hint: It's not free trade.

highly doubtful. Looking at the pretty anemic raiding atmosphere on Mischief/Thornblade, I don't see how you expect retention to be great. Where is all the baz raid gear going to come from if there aren't enough raid guilds to sustain the server?
    Protagonist likes this.
  17. Mattling Elder

Motm ruins raiding, it makes every encounter the same. Warrior defensive chain, cleric CH chain, DPS dodging based on GINA calls. You do one raid, you've done them all at least through the first half dozen expansions.

At this point in EQs timeline, motm needs to go. You'd at least get some variety on raids, go back to knight and ranger tanks, druids and shamans being viable raid healers, and smaller guilds would be able to complete content instead of disbanding when they fall under 40 active raiders.
  18. Triconix Augur

That's not MOTM. You literally described what EQ raiding was for the first 3-4 expansions. You want that to change? Play past POP where things start to become event-based rather than tank-and-spank based.

Edit: You want no MOTM? Then you get OP players destroying content in literal seconds. Look at this Vox encounter. It took less than 30 seconds to kill her without MOTM. What a joke. You think that's enjoyable?
    Demetri likes this.
  19. Machen New Member

Interesting comparison. They are closer to Rizlona than Aradune for classic and kunark guild #'s, and yet Rizlona's population grew from there while Aradune's has dropped.

I think random loot will ultimately be unsuccessful but servers with unusual rulesets haven't ever followed the same population pattern as servers with traditional rulesets. Don't think you can make any conclusions based on comparing Mischief guilds to Aradune or Mangler or Phinny.
  20. Machen New Member

Maybe the first ~2 expansions. Luclin and PoP both have plenty of fights that are not this.