Raid scene on Mischief lacking?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kahna, Jun 21, 2021.

1. TLP Addict Augur

2 months ago you were on stream hyping this server up as the best TLP of all time and proclaiming that people would be stupid to miss it.
  2. Ootax Augur

It's not a DOA server, far from it, it has a pretty large population. It just doesn't have the raid scene previous TLPs have had. That may be a good or bad thing depending on how you view it. That may also change once Velious comes out.
    Demetri likes this.
  3. Accipiter Old Timer

He got mad because they wouldn't spell out exactly how it would work.
    Niskin likes this.
  4. Celestian Elder

Why "buy" the loot when you can play and get it.
  5. Demetri Augur

Why buy produce when gardening and light farming isn't that hard?
  6. Gremin Augur

Humans in all forms are inherently lazy..
    Ootax and Demetri like this.
  7. Protagonist Tank

I have no idea who you think I am, but I've been vocally saying this server was a nutsack idea from the start, and am not a streamer.
  8. Protagonist Tank

Anecdotal rambling is neat. But when you look at guilds clearing content, this one had less than 10 finish classic, as compared with 30+ in pretty much any other prior TLP. And population always goes down, from there.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Mischief/Thornblade might well have fewer raiding guilds, but I suspect it has substantially more group players than prior TLP had.

Overall populations wise it IS likely to be a bit lower than prior TLP mainly because it has fewer Kronolords.

Whether it has better player retention than prior TLP will be harder to guess based on the normally used metric of "how many guilds does it have in expansion X" so it will be interesting to see how well it retains players as it moves through expansions.
    Probably only DarkPaw are going to have a really clear picture of the player retention for this server, the rest of us will be going largely on guesswork or on EQResource's server status polling.
  10. Protocol Dragon Defender

I think you got him mixed up with me.

I still think Mischief is great and I feel sorry for those who missed it so far. It’s been a wild and amazingly fun ride.
    Demetri and oldkracow like this.
  11. Kahna Augur

That is kinda my point with this thread, but not in the way you think. Other servers did have 30+ raid guilds, but most of those raid guilds had maybe 75-100 people in them. Tops. You may have had one guild with 300-400 people, but that is it. This server has guilds with 700-1000 people in them, and more than one. You didn't really see that on other servers. The population is there, they just all decided to pile into huge guilds for some foolish reason. Many of the folks that didn't pile into those big guilds kept to smaller guilds that can down the smaller targets. Those small friends only groups aren't putting their kills on the leaderboard because they don't care, they don't need to recruit, which is all the leaderboard is good for.

The population is there, judging it by number of guilds doesn't really work on this server, not when 2 or 3 guilds have the population that would have made up 10-15 guilds on past servers. We have already seen these big guilds start to splinter as people figure out that the handful of krono they have made on these huge raids is never going to get them to the point where they can bid against the resellers to actually get loot. We had a few friends in a GDKP guild who left them once they saw the writing on the wall and joined us. They will likely get both more loot and more krono in our small raids than they would have in the large ones. I foresee many more folks coming to this conclusion and more guilds forming in the future expansions.
    Skuz likes this.
  12. Slaytanic1 Journeyman

GDKP just doesn't work. Maybe in other games, but no in EQ. The only ones who prevail are the "kronolords".
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Big guilds are the way to go based purely on experience of prior TLP, the small guilds will struggle with numbers for raids until they are forced to merge or quit, the large ones however will be able to shuffle raid formations around to accomodate their losses.

TLP so far have only ever decreased in population so this trend of fewer but larger guilds and less medium to small guilds is a natural development really.
    Merging of small guilds into larger ones is something players are getting used to on TLP, unless they are bailing.

Long live the Zerg.
  14. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I'll buy epics and random junk for friends because why not? What are you going to do die and leave krono in a will to friends and family? :rolleyes:
  15. Celestian Elder

Not even remotely the same.
  16. TheGoblin Elder

Seems like Faceless X In Virture lost the Faceless part... GDKP isn't as good as it sounds in reality when you zerg things down and the players are pretty bad.
  17. Rizlowder New Member

rumor on the mill is zaide was still taking a guild leader cut of all sales done through the guild while doing no work which led to conflict. virtue teamed with faceless w dreams theyd bring in large numbers and good players. they brought neither as always but instead an overflow of toxic wannabes.
  18. Kahna Augur

On any other server I would agree with you, but on a server where you can kill Yael and get dragon/god loot? Or kill VS and get VP loot? Do you really need the numbers? Who knows how it will play out in the future either.
  19. Demetri Augur

Perhaps I'm biased because I've always lived in rural areas with wide open yards rather than apartment heavy areas - but no, it really isn't that different.

And the people that garden DO tend to find it fun, just like EQ "farming".
  20. Demetri Augur

No prior TLP had a 30 day Classic... I can guarantee if the next server launches with 1 day Classic and the same leveling curve as Mischief that it would have far ZERO guilds finishing Classic I'd wager, maybe one, although I doubt it. (Remember, Classic includes Eye of Veeshan and all of Noble cycle)

Even if it had 50x the population of any other TLP.

Compare apples to apples when we have similar durations. Not apples to oranges when we do not.

(Edit: Heck, ZERO guilds on Miragul and Selo's cleared Classic in era - so about "any prior TLP" no, some have been literally ZERO)