Berserker DPS

Discussion in 'Melee' started by kenshon, May 29, 2019.

1. Tucoh Augur

I'm not trying to argue but doesn't higher damage = bigger crits? Is there critical hit damage that is invariant to the base weapon damage?
    Sancus likes this.
  2. Wulfhere Augur

There is a min damage hit for your toon based on skills and AA and abilities. Mostly I think he's arguing that more swings per unit of time allows for more effects to trigger more damage. That can be more DPS although the better ratio weapon generally wins.
  3. Tucoh Augur

Aren't all effects normalized to weapon ratio? I know recently Sancus (I think) did some parsing on mangler's covenant procs and found that literally nothing changed the proc rate except for furious rampage.

Again, I'm not trying to be argumentative, I'm just trying to understand the mechanics behind why a faster weapon is better than a slower one.
  4. Wulfhere Augur

No, not all. Some effects are percent chance per action. Taking more actions, swinging a weapon fore often, within a period of time increases the total count of effects that can happen over that time. Effects like Decapitate (SPA 288) and Slay Undead (SPA 219) are like this.

What you are referring to is SPA 85 which is time based, i.e. "normalized to weapon ratio", so Mangler and most all Combat Innate "self imbue' buffs have been like that for a long time now (circa 2006-7). SPA 85 can have a rate mod.

[58288/3736] Mangler's Covenant Effect
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 18s+ (3 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    8: Add Melee Proc: Mangler's Bladestrike with 300% Rate Mod

Furious Rampage (SPA 471) literally repeats a melee round, effects and all (I believe).
    Szilent, Tucoh and Sancus like this.
  5. Micker Augur

I just like seeing bigger numbers, so I go with the highest damage lol.
    Ezbro likes this.
  6. Filter Augur

I've parsed all three and I can't see much of a difference and the sample was hours of grouping the same mobs. Personally I go with what I enjoy visually so I stick with 2slasher.
  7. Cadira Augur

Parsing the best in slot 2hb vs 2hp with same augs and same adps (bard, shaman, maybe bl?) In tov, I found the piercer did a "tiny" but significantly higher dps on a multi hour parse than 2hb with just auto attack, but on the full burn multi hour parse 2hb did about 60k more dps (pretty small difference considering such big numbers were found in each) but still found it interesting.

You'll probably gain more dps in total if you use rampage on cool down though with a 2hb though since it doesn't take delay into damage consideration, only raw damage on weapon.
    minimind likes this.
  8. Flight New Member

Returning after a few years away. Man my old man memory is so poor now I hardly remember a thing. So firstly massive respect to Tolzol, Daedly and folk like Tuco who are prepared to document their work and experience. EQ would be a far poorer place without you folk and people like you. Thank you.

I'm following the 105 Zerker guide on the EQ Zerker Discord, I can't seem to register an account there to request access to the forum, prolly missing something dumb. Anyway, ten grouped spammable skill attacks are listed (Braxi, Dicho and Arcsteel kept separate).

My question is is it recommended to spam one key bound to 10 different hot keys rather than put them in two five line macros ?

(As an aside for returning folk like me checking out this thread - the name of War Cry of Braxi was changed to Braxi's Howl a couple of years back. It threw me a curveball for a few hours setting up.)
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I put all the single target spam stuff on my "spam bar".

Dicho/Diss/Comp and Anything with AE I keep on my macro bar as I combine Braxi with the progressive ability and AE attack hotkeys to help them do more damage.

Helps me to avoid waking mezzed mobs if we are using mezz while using the spam bar key bind :D
    minimind and Flight like this.
  10. Flight New Member

Thanks Skuz. But do you activate the skills individually or link them all to one hot key ?

I'll be boxing this character sometimes and I'm not sure if 10 abilities is too many to link to one hot key.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I set each hot button on the spam bar as using the same keybind then just tap that keybind as abilities come off cooldown, you don't actually need to be mashing the keybind key non-stop either in my experience.
    I used to use a set of macros with /timers for all these but even the best macros are not as good as a spam bar/keybind set up.
    minimind and Flight like this.
  12. Szilent Augur

the whole hotbar full of skill attacks is bound to one keypress

no multi-line social is involved

like this in Options:
    [IMG]
    Tucoh, Flight and Skuz like this.
  13. Zolav Augur

14. Zolav Augur

Bah it wont let me post these links..

So! Nevermind lol.
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

maybe try - https://imgbb.com/
  16. Tucoh Augur

This is the right way to do it. Social macros are great for single presses to execute a specific linear set of casting. Multibinding is great for smashing a bunch of buttons and letting the eq client and servers choke on it.

For my boxed berserkers i have buttons broken out for the following:
    Quick spam attacks, usually refresh faster than 20s or so.
    Long refresh spam attacks, especially dichotomic rage, breaking these out is great for slow dps or dealing with trash before a boss or named mob is ready to be blown up
    Ae attack
    Fast refresh adps
    Slow refresh adps

There are some more details regarding ordering so you get the optimal self buffs before hitting your big attacks. A boxed berserker has to balance between ease of play and DPS, they will never get as optimal a sequence as a player fully attending the berserker
  17. Tolzol Augur

I have pretty much let the zerker forums die, it is just easier to maintain through discord for me which was why i migrated all the guides and stuff there. And truthfully the discord is much more active than the forums ever were lol.
    Phoeb, Elyssanda and Szilent like this.