Summer Bonuses Are Back!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Jun 30, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Accendo Guest

Jump in game and enjoy bonus XP, increased faction movement, and faster rare spawns.

[IMG]

It's time once again to celebrate Summertime in game! Put down the fireworks and barbecued deliciousness—there is experience to be earned, rare spawns to down, and faction movements on, well, the move.

Starting July 1, 2021 at 12:01 a.m. PDT and ending on July 8, 2021 at 11:00 p.m. PDT, all Norrathians will be able to take advantage of 76% increase in experience gains, 76% faster rare spawns, and 76% additional faction movements (both gains and losses) on all servers!

All you gotta do is get out there and show your enemies what real fireworks look like!
    Meopal, Fanra, Skuz and 5 others like this.
  2. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Will the rare spawn bonus modify Hardcore Heritage Sebilis? I look forward for it.
  3. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

It has in the past, since the named mobs in HH Seb have the rare con tag.
    ZenMaster likes this.
  4. Cainen Augur

"76% faster rare spawns"

I am assuming this should say "76% increased rare spawns", meaning that when the spawn timer is up there is a higher chance for the rare to spawn.

Not that the rares will actually be SPAWNING faster.(I mean.... i'd love for FASTER spawns but it cant be that......can it?)
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

This is correct, "spawn rate" is not faster, "chance to spawn as rare" is higher - it is just that the way that DayBreak word things is confusing at times.

So "76% higher chance of rare spawns" would be a far more apt description.

PH = PlaceHolder
    RC = Rare Creature

A mob location with
    99%PH / 1% RC +bonus will be 98.24% PH / 1.76% RC

A mob location with
    90%PH / 10% RC +bonus will be 82.4% PH / 17.6% RC

A mob location with
    70%PH / 30%RC +bonus will be 47.2% PH /52.8% RC
    Gyurika Godofwar and Zaray like this.
  6. Raptorjesus5 Augur

I was in HH Seb recently and I'm pretty sure they named there don't have the rare con tag.
  7. Charmy New Member

Nice one Daybreak! However why 76%?

My OCD would prefer a solid number like 75 or 80 ^_^
    Jordis likes this.
  8. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

I plead being old as dirt.

I checked Tolapumj (which is a timed spawn) and myconid spore king (which has a ph) and neither had a rare tag. I could have sworn I saw them, but then again applesauce is my favorite meal these days.

Apologize.
  9. Senthin1 Journeyman

I did a Google search, but couldn't find anything concrete. Can anyone clarify whether these increased spawn rates affect servers that already have increased spawn rates e.g. Mischief TLP server, EQ20TH selos and others.

Also, if anyone can actually comment on this, because there are several ways this COULD impact the server.

1. All servers below +76% increased rare spawn rates are upped to +76%. Ex: A server that already has increased rates of 40% experience an additional 36%.
    2. All servers get an increase of +76% regardless of their current modifier. Ex: 40% server is now 116% increased spawn rate.
    There could be more options, but those seemed to be the two most realistic to me.

Thank you!
  10. CrazyLarth Augur

1776 July 4 is Americas Birthday. The day in 1776 that the Declaration of Independence was adopted by the Continental Congress
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Just to be a nitpicking OCD type.... does the spawn bonus apply to names in HAs? :)
  12. Herf Augur

Summer server crashes are back too :)
  13. Seriously New Member

If you're an American, Im going to report you for asking this :D

14. Treesmasha New Member

Hardcore Heritage zones do not count for hunters.

BTW, bonus faction includes increased negative faction hits. Unsure if that was intended.

76% because this Summer Bonus Event revolves around July 4th. U.S. Independence Day 1776.
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The increase of negative has always gone along with the increase in positive on the bonus's. There are some mobs you may want to decrease faction
  16. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Perhaps you were in Nagafin's where I just conned Kobold Champion Payrugh and got the message that he is a rare (in yellow) scowled at me, ready to attack and is level 103.

Edit Targin the Rock also shows rare.
  17. grandpaGeek New Member

Don't call it OCD. It is properly called CDO. This way the letters are in alphabetical order, as they should be.
  18. Fred_Bear Lorekeeper

1776 bruuuh
  19. Abbydog Journeyman

However those mobs who spawn as a result of the death of a trigger mob will not get a bonus to spawn as the trigger mobs are not tagged as rare creatures.
  20. Treesmasha New Member

Actually, I am pretty sure they are.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.