Server populations

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Leerah, May 19, 2021.

1. Leerah Augur

They have done active player assessments in the past by changing people in the gathering areas into illusions and seeing how many are there at different time intervals. It would be very easy to get good data with the tools they already have.

2. Leerah Augur

If that's where the bulk of experience lies, there has to be incentive for you to repeat it and bring virgins along with you.

Wdor and Skuz like this.
  3. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

My plan to address the server merge issues:

#1 Rename Tunare / 7th Hammer to E'ci like it always should have been.

That's it, that's the whole plan. What? No, I'm not bitter. Why do you ask?
    Elyssanda likes this.
  4. Thundersnake Elder

Well you don't have to abandon anything, make a message in the MOTD saying where you are and to come on over kind of thing. Also it doesn't have to be an either or because you can have both. Just a thought.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

It will get a free transfer window some time ahead of being merged with a live server in 2022.

Most EU-timezone players from Phinigel have already left the server after the notification by Dreamweaver that the merge was being delayed until next year pretty much forced their hand.

Only reason I am still there is dual-purpose - I needed to save monthly allotted DBC to afford to move my box crew anyway and I wanted to help the last 2 guilds beat CoV before I left.
  6. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Hate to say, but they’re best off funneling all the new and returning players to FV or some other high population servers or TLPs.
  7. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Unfortunately there isn't a lot of incentive to repeat those outside of helping someone else or doing it for another box/alt of your own. Definitely not something everyone wants to do with a limited incentive to do so.
    Leerah and Skuz like this.
  8. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

This.^^^

In April, I returned after nearly 11 years off. I was still in Utopian. Back in the day we had a huge, active roster, and were one of the top guilds on Povar. I didn't want to drop the tag, mostly for sentimental reasons, and didn't until last week. After three months, and only seeing two others online in those three months, It was just too sad and lonely.
    Leerah and Eaiana like this.
  9. Leerah Augur

Welcome back! Eaiana and I remember Utopian fondly. It's always sad to see an old guild die.

You all know that if a guild leader hasn't been on in a year, you can become the leader with the /usurp command. Taivhsear's old guild has been saved. He died without telling us!
  10. Bigstomp Augur

It's a social game.
    Helping someone else is what we do (and get paid back in the future when we need help and they help us).
    Skuz, Shanarias and Yinla like this.
  11. The real Sandaormo Augur

FV = Hotel California, You can go there any time you like,
    But you can never leave! " /Guitar solo

Words changed to suit my needs!!
    Elyssanda and Skuz like this.
  12. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

LOL Phin has 24 in general chat.
  13. Leerah Augur

OMG! That's crazy! Have they offered you free transfers?
  14. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

you can leave (not free) but you can't come in.
    Leerah likes this.
  15. Rondor Augur

/who count
    Wdor, Eaiana and Leerah like this.
  16. Leerah Augur

:(