People are flying around autmated killing the zone killing what we want for exp while we are killing

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Drak, Jun 27, 2021.

1. Stymie Pendragon

If you have an Nvidia card I believe hitting the windows key and "g" will open up the option to record. Also, it's not advisable to bite the hand that feeds you, so to speak. The EQ community is very helpful if you keep it civil.
  2. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

That's a Windows 10 Game Bar feature, so it should be available no matter which card you have. I used it recently with an AMD card. There are AMD and Nvidia specific features that are accessible by other hotkeys. I know the AMD one supports recording. ALT-R opens the menu in game. Nvidia is something with a Z I think, it should flash the info up when you launch a game.
    Stymie and Jumbur like this.
  3. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Huh! :confused:
    I always thought the Xbox Game Bar was only for people who somehow linked their Xbox to the pc??
    And that it was completely useless without an Xbox?

I didn't even bother to look into it, as I didn't have an Xbox...
    Microsoft successfully confused me, by putting Xbox in the name...:oops:
  4. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I think that's what it was called when it was added to Windows, but then they changed it. Can't say for sure though. I'm not even logged into a Microsoft account so it can't be related to linking them currently.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

It auto loaded now. At least on my laptop and other desktop they both show it as an option.

Maybe its smart connections.
  6. Jumbur Improved Familiar

It is still called "Xbox Game Bar" on my computer, but maybe it just hasn't been updating the game bar via windows update?

But I admit, I haven't been paying attention to it all.
  7. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Nope, you are right. So it must be a branding thing to keep calling it XBox. I thought it had changed, or at least that I had seen it referred to by a different name officially. But it definitely works without any linking to your XBox account.
  8. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Get a bard, gather a huge train run it in circles near the warper. When warps in to kill your mobs, drop the train on him and destroy his group. You get a period of time to freely EXP. Customer Service is going to do exactly nothing to help you stop this guy.
  9. Alchem The Judge Journeyman

I couldn't 100% agree with this solution but you need to be creative. That was one of EQ's greatest features - big problems causing you to get creative in approach and resolution. Maybe it could be as simple as asking the same channel you spoke out to about this guy on your server to instead make a pass through the zone you are paired up with this guy at. Or if they could sit some invis alts at the line so you can get another /pick. I would report, just because that's the process. If you listen to everyone tell you that doing the right thing doesn't produce results then what you're actually hearing is "it doesn't happen immediately so I denounce the process". Been in your situation lots before and had to create my own solutions. Good Luck to you, original poster.
  10. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Often imitated, never duplicated!
  11. Dharkarai New Member

It honestly doesn't matter, this game is nothing more than a currency farm for the company. GMs could care less about the rampent cheating in this game lol.