graphics driver change horked my colors: help.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Herf, Jun 26, 2021.

1. Herf Augur

I upgaded my Nvidia graphics driver to the current one, but it kept crashing my machine so I reinstalled the driver I'd been using previously. But now the colors are off at night in particular: it's too dark (even for Iksar) and turning up the gamma just makes the odd colors brighter.

I have another machine which is working fine. What I'm hoping people can point me two are the EQ files controlling the graphics, so I can compare the files on the broken machine to the ones on the properly working machine. Thanks.
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Try this step from another post I made:

Code:
    Rename your eqclient.ini to eqclient.old. Run a file scan. Log in to the game. If no improvement, log out of EQ. Delete the eqclient.ini. Rename the eqclient.old to eqclient.ini.
    Herf and Skuz like this.
  3. Metanis Bad Company

The low-tech way would be to sit the 2 machines side by side, load up a character on each, bring up Options > Display and then just compare the two...

Alternately, when you back revved your graphics driver did you use the DisplayDriverUninstaller utility and reboot before reinstalling the older driver?
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Herf Augur

Hmm I'm not sure, you've given me some stuff to experiment with, thanks.
  5. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Just a word of caution, I know a lot of people have used DDU successfully, I was not one of them. Completely borked my system the first time I tried it. This is definitely a situation where you would consider using DDU, as the failure of a normal driver install to remove the old driver correctly does happen. Just wanted to say to pay attention to the warnings they give you to back up data and so forth.
  6. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Maybe because you are not part Elf and have bad vision :) Ultravision etc can change color.
    Maybe the color settings in the driver is causing the color on the monitor to be different (when gaming in EQ).

Nvidia color settings?

I'm guessing trying to help.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

8. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Its missing a space.

eq depends on 9Cand should be eq depends on 9C and

Or the long version eq depends on direct x 9c and many.......
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.