People are flying around autmated killing the zone killing what we want for exp while we are killing

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Drak, Jun 27, 2021.

1. Drak New Member

This is happening on Povar in Walls of Slaughter right now. They are automated killing entire zone even if we are trying to get a kill on a mob they come kill it. My group is Ugeth, Feeh Feeh, and Shnikette. The others, Shamam, Aanam, Zerash, Little, Mybeast, and Maje were the 6 warping and killing what we are trying to. They don't even know we are there because they are automated. :(
    [IMG]
  2. Drak New Member

[IMG][IMG][/IMG]
  3. Drak New Member

I pulled a room before they were able to warpg to it and this is to prove they are automated killing indiscriminately even if you are trying to exp. I pulled, he warped to them and killed.

[IMG]
  4. Drak New Member

I just want to be left alone to play this game. :(
  5. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Stymie and Skuz like this.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Then take those 3 steps into a neighboring zone as suggested in chat.

It appears it was suggested you make a video and petition since you chose not to move.

This is not a petition area. This is "The Newbie Zone". And that is not a video.

Not trying to be mean but that is the way it is, a petition is not posting in the forums.
  7. Drak New Member

It is going on live right now. I do not know how to make videos
  8. Drak New Member

Because you are a person without principles, I choose to ignore you.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Forum posts naming & shaming other players will just get locked & archived where players cannot view them because they are against the forum rules.

Use the petition system for any and all reports of cheating and/or exploits.

If you cannot record video footage then you need to describe what you are seeing as best as you can & then you will need to leave it alone and let the GM investigate.

If the GM does observe anything suspect and acts on it you will not be informed anyway.

Record, report, walk away.
    Stymie likes this.
  10. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I haven't tried to make a video either. :oops:
    But modern graphic drivers often have a "capture" functionality, see if that leads somewhere, otherwise you will have to google around for some freeware video capture software.
    You will also need to host the video, I don't know what people use for that, Youtube maybe?

Anyway, you have plenty of time to figure it out. I doubt they will investigate anything on weekends. I even expect this thread to stay until monday.
    The only thing they handle on weekends is stability issues afaik.
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Ok, that's cool but most people ignore me cause they can't handle the truth. But you can paint it however you like. After over 6000 posts it does not bother me to be ignored.

I said the same thing the other poster said and advised this is not the place to post about it, but you chose to be snarky to me. I even said I did not want to sound mean.

I have principals and one of them is not to take my grievances public where names are posted for all to see and accuse others of misdeeds but no evidence of any wrongdoing can be seen.
    Stymie and Mims like this.
  12. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Btw, if you get video recording up and working, try to enable timestamps in your chat windows, not sure if it matters, but it might help the GMs if they need to cross-reference something.
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Yep, timestamps are a good tool for the GM to reference server logs with.
  14. Vumad Cape Wearer

To enable time stamps, right click on the window and go down to timestamps. I like hh:mm myself. Good for chats since sometimes I lose track of a chat and reply to something 20 minutes old.
    Skuz likes this.
  15. Quik Augur

You kinda lost all credibility with me here.

So someone posts trying to let you know that you are in the wrong area and mentions that you could have went elsewhere and you want to say they have no principles? Technically you broke the rules by mentioning names and showing screen shots with names which is against the rules so you might look inward before throwing accusations at people on the forums trying to help you.
    Skuz and Nennius like this.
  16. quakedragon Augur

Steam comes with capture feature. Steam background layout I think can be used in EQ.
    Discord has video capture I believe, I don't know how to do it via discord.
    Using your smartphone and recording video of your monitor is making a video (best option).

Not going to lie, its 2021, everyone should know how to make a video.
    Goto camera on smartphone, press the red dot.

What do people do when they see people breaking rules in real life? They pull out their phone and start recording it.
  17. Flatchy Court Jester

[quote="quakedragon, post: 4043364,

What do people do when they see people breaking rules in real life? They pull out their phone and start recording it.[/quote]

Yes for God's sake get that phone out and record it. DO NOT HELP THE SITUATION , just record it. Those likes will be worth it!

Sorry you just hit on one of my pet peeves about the young whipper snappers :).

GET OFF MY LAWN!
    Aenvar, Tatanka and Jumbur like this.
  18. Tucoh Augur

19. Tucoh Augur

Also if you get a good video of it happening, report it with that video and then see the same group a couple weeks later, then you should make a thread.

If that thread gets deleted and nothing happens, PM me with the video.
  20. Velisaris_MS Augur

On Drinal, I recently had to deal with a bunch of these script-bots in multiple zones. I was trying to finish up Hunter's for HoT, and there were multiple toons in several HoT zones that were warping from spawn point to spawn point, killing the mob/named as soon as they popped, then warping to the next mob that popped. Made it quite impossible to get any named kills at all. This went on for days.

I kept reporting these toons on all three of my accounts every time I checked those zones and saw the bots at work. Eventually, they disappeared from those zones and I was able to finish the achievements. Reporting them DOES work, though it may take a while until you get the right person to see your petition and do something about it. I haven't been back to those zones to check and see if the bots came back or not.