@Dev: Summon Range needs to be icreased on all MoTM mobs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by ForumAccount, Jun 25, 2021.

1. ForumAccount New Member

Motm mobs/dragons are being killed in instances by small group of people usually 5-6 people by exploiting the short summon range/leash range of MoTM raid mobs.

This is allowing small groups of people to kill raid targets with 1 group or less.

This was an issue in Temple of Veeshan back in 2016 on Phinny and you increased the zones / raid mobs summon range to stop mobs from being killed without being able to fight back. Its happening again on a larger scale on Thornblade / Mischief.

Please increase the distance that raid mobs are able to summon players to exceed or match their leash range. Right now players are holding aggro from a minimum safe distance outside the summon range and getting free loot. This seems to be done mostly in instances which leads me to believe that the summon/leash range inside Agent of Change instances needs to be adjusted.
  2. Accipiter Old Timer

So what? Exactly why do you care?
  3. Warpeace Augur

Maybe because if thats whats happening it would be an exploit? One of those nasty things DP frowns upon and dislikes so they tend to suspend or ban accounts for doing.
    Bardy McFly, Skuz and Duder like this.
  4. bardybard Augur

How exactly is it an exploit?
  5. Warpeace Augur

I think you can figure out exactly how that would be an exploit.
    Karreck, Bardy McFly and Duder like this.
  6. bardybard Augur

So every playstyle that was not originally explicitely intended by the devs is an exploit then? Kiting is an exploit? Camping mobs is an exploit?
  7. nagash101 Augur

Karen!!!
    bardybard likes this.
  8. Demetri Augur

This forum needs "Laugh/Haha" reactions for cases like this.
    Karreck, Skuz and Duder like this.
  9. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Exploit early, exploit often is the EQ way. :rolleyes:

You know you can beat Naggy (instanced) in era with 3 people but it takes quite awhile due to the exploits?
  10. Qinlain New Member

Sounds to me like them zerg guilds getting sour cause smaller guilds are killing raids and they cannot lock down all the raid loots to sell for sweet kronos? We are almost equal in forum posts about tinfoil exploits as we are for next TLP requests lol
  11. Demetri Augur

Weirdly, if you read the Code of Conduct it should be plain as day. Under "Things that intentionally circumvent intended mechanics" or along that lines.

Camping does not remotely apply - it was intended from day one, kiting things does not (in fact, that's why summoning was first developed - to mitigate cases where it was inappropriate).

FD does not before you go there as well - and has similar been "answered" by some mobs as we move into deeper xpacs that have linked aggro and/or return home at identical times.
  12. bardybard Augur

Which specific intended mechanic is being circumvented?
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

I'm not even going to bother...
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

Pulling.

989/Verant never intended for folks to camp a spot and pull to the camp. They expected people to dungeon crawl.
    Fallfyres and bardybard like this.
  15. bardybard Augur

There are plenty of articles and interviews out there with EQ devs stating they never intended for rares to be camped.
    Accipiter likes this.
  16. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

Using your logic, then they also need to remove the Agents of Change, so that nobody can spawn a zone just for themselves and their friends, and not have to compete for bosses.
  17. Qinlain New Member

Haha.. how dare you filthy casuals get raid loot for killing things with less than 72 characters!!

Honestly the amount of garbage being spewed around the forums about people upset that mischief is an absolute blast with the loot rules is amusing. Everyone who thought the servers were going to be krono heaven are finally realizing that their hopes and dreams are shattered. The rules and amount of loot pouring into the server economy is amazing and I'm glad to see all the big guild junkies in panic mode cause their krono-rent money is at jeopardy
  18. Loze Elder

We've been riding the struggle bus for 22 years playing this game and now they release an easy-mode server people are butt-hurt? Relax and have fun, or go self-flagellate on P99 for an extra dose of pain in penance for having it too easy on Mischief for the last month. Seriously, why complain about the server's rules? The ONLY reason I can think of is that it's hurting your Krono farming expectations of a new TLP.

There are really only 2 types of people that hop to every new TLP. Krono farmers and people that are stuck in Classic through Luclin and don't want to see any other content. The only ones that would be mad about this are the Krono farmers and maybe the Karens that think that everything in life should be misery because that's all they know.
  19. Numiko Augur

Actually at one time they did consider kiting an exploit, that's when they made it so a moving mob only took half damage from DoTs. Eventually it because accepted style of play and the damage reduction was removed from the game.

Is MoTM summoning still just line of sight? I always thought hiding a mage around a corner and sending his pet in to aggro lock the boss mob was kind of a cheesy tactic.
  20. bardybard Augur

Mischief is giving Karendue a run for its money!