Raid scene on Mischief lacking?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kahna, Jun 21, 2021.

1. Trevalon Augur

The first few expansions small guilds and small groups are going to dominate because of the prevelance of easy targets that drop good gear. The problem with that is that once we get to Velious+ that will start to change somewhat because your going to need a more serious force to clear some of the harder zones.

Your already starting to see new guilds popup that are using DKP instead of GDKP in order to make sure they have a proper raid force.

I think as the servers get further into expansions you'll see these small group guilds start to have to join the bigger guilds just to get stuff done.
  2. Accipiter Old Timer

You're gone already?
  3. Risiko Augur

This thread is so annoyingly stupid that it drew me out of forum retirement just to reply to it. You all suck for that.

Mischief is anything but DOA. This server is the most user friendly EQ server ever made, and its amazing.

For the first time in EQ history, certain individuals do not OWN specific rare drop camps because you can simply go to another rare spawn's camp (in another zone even) that can drop the same rare items (if in level range and same expansion).

On top of that, most everything being tradable means that you can get the uber BIS items you want with out having to give up your home life to maintain a DKP roster.

This is literally the most liberating server ever made. Casuals should be flocking to this server (and a lot are) because this is the ultimate in casual-friendly servers ever made.

The reason that there aren't a lot of big raid guilds is because YOU DONT NEED A BIG RAID GUILD TO GET WHAT YOU NEED on this server.

Will that change in time with more expansions unlocking? Yes to a certain extent, but not completely. Because you can get the same raid gear on multiple raid targets within the same level range and expansion, your guild doesn't necessarily HAVE TO take down the hardest targets in each expansion to get the gear from those targets.

This quite literally could be the first time in EQ history that small guilds will be able to gear up with out having to maintain the numbers to take down the bigger targets.

The only reason I can see for anyone to complain about this server is if they are upset that they can't run a big raid guild and control a mass of guild members to do their bidding in order to get a few scraps from the raid table. In other words, DPG took the reigns away from the guild slave masters, and they're pitching a fit because you all are now equal to them.

Congratulations. You're free to enjoy all of EQ now with out having to bow down to the guild officer slave masters anymore.
    Demetri and Sprooce like this.
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

LOL, got you!
  5. Accipiter Old Timer

Or to steal krono.
  6. Gnomie Denser than most

WTB Mace of the Ancients for my level 1
  7. Magickon Augur

There's already a big guild controlling a mass of guild members so they can steal krono. Refuse to batphone targets so they can kill it later with their own toons, take a larger cut out of the gdkp splits than they say they would, restrict what targets you can kill with your friends, hand out trakanon teeth in a way that only benefits the anonymous inner circle, and use alt accounts to warp to ground spawn pickups, threaten to remove members who win dps races with officers....
  8. Pixelplx Journeyman

You've just described every open world guild on TLPS, minus the GDKP, its the same on Throneblade.
  9. Pixelplx Journeyman

EQ is a niche game, its all the same people, you put your O's as people that need the krono to afford motel rooms to shower and kick the people that cant be controlled by krono if they become to loud. Its been that way since Ragefire.
  10. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Or you be the other 80% of the players in the game and play on a live server, pay for your account, and do real content and only play TLP servers for fun on the side and don't care about krono.

Fighting over named loot is just so dumb. Some level 50+ was down in Garanel or whatever his name is, basement ghost in unrest. What do I care? He killed his PHs and named, I took my group there and cleared 90% of the rest of the mobs and gained 3 levels and about 500 plat in trash drops in 3 hours. Would being able to pull that one named and get some nice item be a bonus? Sure, but if you're actually "level appropriate" there are plenty of other valuable things to do other than camping loot.
  11. Elskidor Augur

Waiting 1 month until Kunark made classic an easy skip. I think a lot of people are tired of sitting around cramped in classic for 3 months.
    Demetri likes this.
  12. Atomos Augur

Can't say I blame them at all. This is the first time I've ever made actual launch day for a TLP. It's pretty awesome to see so many people at first, but Classic has too many issues that end up causing hiccups and detriments to the experience.

Too many issues that Kunark fixes. :)
  13. Gremin Augur

It does not take a large guild these days to do anything worth while. Hell, I prefer lower number raid kills as it takes more thought and skill then just zerging crap down. These posts are all retreads from every single set of TLPs that have come out..sheer boredom because the raid scene really does not start until Luclin/PoP.
    RABKkehhalla likes this.
  14. RABKkehhalla Elder

I always thought that tlp progress site should include a column for number of players in raid to show who cleared content with the least players. That's the real flex
  15. Yeroc New Member

I didn’t go hard in mischief because the class meta has been the same for years. I wish they would change it up somehow. Loot piñatas are cool and all but it’s still the all the same.
  16. Tweakfour17 Augur

Stick around on a TLP instead of jumping to the new one every year, some of the best expansions are well passed PoP.
  17. Wtfagain Elder

It's because everyone just joins one big zerg guild, and yeah it sucks. Aradune was bad but at least a couple guilds pretended to contest for a while. Literally no competition on Mischief. Just a bunch of bads getting carried.
  18. Wtfagain Elder

maybe you're just bad. I've made more on Mischief a week into Kunark than I've made on servers that hit pop.
  19. Wtfagain Elder

Imagine joining a GDKP guild and then getting mad when people spend their G. Also you don't need a guild to gear you in Kunark unless you're really bad.
  20. Wtfagain Elder

Cause DKP wasn't a thing and you got all the loot you wanted when you wanted it... smh