Need New GMs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rhythar, Jun 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boogatti Lorekeeper

time to check the forms. Oh look it's Rhythar crying about boxing again. :rolleyes:
    Rhythar likes this.
  2. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I spend a lot of time gathering evidence for the GMs, but the GMs don't care. o_O

Do yourself a favor, bot & box and report yourself you'll get a kick of how long it takes to get anything done.
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  3. Machen New Member

No they don't. Maybe the ones on Aradune do, I don't know, I don't play there. But most boxers on most servers don't do these things.

This isn't even possible, because the raid bosses don't belong to anyone.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Good, they can't do much without that.

This is all supposition on your part, your accusation that GM simply don't care lacks any depth of understanding of how difficult their job is.

You seem to think that your report of a player should absolutely result in you being able to observe that accused player being banned.

That's not how this works 100% of the time.
    An accusation of cheating is not proof of cheating.

Sometimes the person you suspect of cheating really wasn't cheating
    Sometimes cheaters are able to convince the GM they were not cheating
    Sometimes the GM is unable to prove that cheating took place from the evidence provided & their own observations do not support the accusation

Often to catch cheaters out, especially the really good ones, the GM need evidence from many players, over time, along with their own observations to finally nail that sucker.

And even when they get nailed, cheaters can be back up & running in short-order.
    Tweakfour17 and Bardy McFly like this.
  5. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Again, what tone are you getting from it? I see a frustrated player that was sold on a premise that could never be achieved. Given that understanding, I can see the perspective where the expression downright criminal can be used.

If you determine that you can't provide the services as advertised, then you have to make adjustments. Ultimately, its unfair to blame people for complaining about the ruleset that was sold to them.

All of the boxing, botting, and cheating complaints and the overall more toxic environment on Aradune can all be blamed on DPG. They advertised the ruleset to appease that segment of the game and sweetened it with the temporary GMs dedicated to the server.

DPG built the fire, poured the gasoline, and lit the match.
  6. Rhythar Augur

Nearly every report I file is marked as "solved" without the GMs solving anything. They say "appropriate action will be taken", and nothing happens. It's fraud. It's lies. They are supposed to enforce the rules, but instead they protect those who break them. I think they earned the right to be called criminals.
  7. Boogatti Lorekeeper

this is my favorite troll account.
  8. Machen New Member

You did both. Implying his posts aren't worth tolerating because of their message is simultaneously attacking the message and the messenger.
    Skrab likes this.
  9. bardybard Augur

Maybe you should take a hint that no one besides you cares that people play more than 2 toons on Aradune?
  10. Rhythar Augur

The lack of enforcement isn't a matter of difficulty. Even if you give them a really obvious case with solid evidence and lots of time to look into it, they will still almost always do nothing.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Stories of the Hidden Wisdom from the Oral History of Rakis:

“There was a man who sat each day looking out through a narrow vertical opening where a single board had been removed from a tall wooden fence. Each day a wild donkey* of the desert passed outside the fence and across the narrow opening—first the nose, then the head, the forelegs, the long brown back, the hindlegs, and lastly the tail. One day, the man leaped to his feet with the light of discovery in his eyes and he shouted for all who could hear him: “It is obvious! The nose causes the tail!”

- Frank Herbert, Heretics of Dune.

*word replaced as the original quote uses a name for the animal that is censored on this forum.
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  12. Rhythar Augur

This is the only server with a 2-box rule.
  13. bardybard Augur

Then by all means, please continue doing Lord's work and report these scum boxers!
  14. NumberWonEUteeth New Member

Imagine spending this much energy going on witch hunts instead of just playing the game. Hah, pathetic.
  15. Rhythar Augur

You can count on me!
  16. NumberWonEUteeth New Member

Sounds like your upset you lack the ability to control more than 1 character.
  17. Bardy McFly Augur

It was pretty obvious from the start with the temporary/trial verbiage that was tossed around that the enforcement of the rules wasn't going to last forever. I know they say they don't want to change rulesets once they're established, and that is likely why the 2-box rule still technically stands, but I think the best thing they can do at this point is declare Aradune a standard Truebox server after PoP concludes. It's obvious they don't have interest (or likely resources) in manually enforcing the ruleset. Also, if this has set a precident, I don think you will ever see a 2-box server ever again.
    Niskin, Machen and Skuz like this.
  18. Machen New Member

This. Anyone expecting extra enforcement after the six month initial "extra" gm period expired deserves to be disappointed.
    Tweakfour17, Skrab and Bardy McFly like this.
  19. Rhythar Augur

The 2-box rule is what Aradune is all about. There's little point in having Aradune at all if you take that away. I know the GMs will never actively police the server, but they could enforce the rules off of player reports if they wanted to.
  20. Rhythar Augur

Regular GMs that did their jobs would be sufficient.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.