Need New GMs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rhythar, Jun 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhythar Augur

The current bunch of GMs have little or no intention of fulfilling their obligations. They seem to think that marking a ticket as solved is the same as actually solving an issue. Their behavior is downright criminal. They intentionally let people break the rules, and they constantly lie.

I'm on Aradune, and, as I write this, I can see a 5-boxer, two 6-boxers, an 8-boxer, a 10-boxer, and a 60-boxer online. The GMs have been aware of them for months and are continuing to let them cheat. I thought maybe they would start enforcing the rules after Mischief came out, but things have not improved.

There's also the lead GM. In the past month he got about 6 tickets from me about cheaters breaking the 2-box rule. He marked them all as solved without doing anything and then said, "I assure you that we don't allow violations to go unchecked.".

To the company... please hire GMs that are willing to act like GMs.
  2. Tweakfour17 Augur

Out of curiosity, beyond simply existing and (presumably) not grouping with you, have any of these boxers negatively impacted your actual gameplay in anyway?
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  3. Atomos Augur

What a video game company sees when you say
    5 boxer: $75/mo
    6 boxer: $90/mo
    8 boxer: $120/mo
    10 boxer: $150/mo
    60 boxer: $900/mo

Let's assume since you are complaining (rightfully) about rules being broken, that you're following them, meaning you're at most a
    2 boxer: $30/mo

This only counts sub costs, not microtransactions, and if only using Krono then the 60 boxer technically made the company $1,080.

It becomes pretty easy to see why you are rarely going to see people banned in an MMO. It is literally not worth it. To a video game company, you putting abusers on ignore and not playing with them is enough of a solution.

It's going to remain this way until online disciplinary actions become public record, so not in our lifetime.
    nagash101 likes this.
  4. Rhythar Augur

Boxers tend to disrupt zones, steal camps and raid bosses, reduce grouping opportunities, recklessly train across zones, and mess up the economy. I'm also unable to not be pissed off when I see a cheater, which is all the time on Aradune.
  5. Rhythar Augur

The company will lose customers if they are known to be money-grubbing liars. I'm hoping that publicly discussing their atrocious behavior will help tip the financial scales in favor of enforcing the rules.

Also, I would gladly pay more per month for better rule enforcement. They don't need to get that extra cash from cheaters. They can get it from me.
  6. Tweakfour17 Augur

Sure, in a general sense I can see why you might say that, but that is also true single players and the "zerg guilds". Again:

Out of curiosity, beyond simply existing and (presumably) not grouping with you, have any of these boxers negatively impacted your actual gameplay in anyway?

I can see why you'd be offended by the concept, especially on Aradune, but for the most part I've never found boxers to be all that disruptive to my personal gameplay, just some vague boogieman about disrupting the economy (mostly botters doing this, not boxers) and you can't really steal raid mobs in an AoC server, they can contest OW stuff I suppose but if you're also doing that you're likely in the zerg guild and the rest of the server probably thinks you're the one disrupting zones, stealing camps, reckless training etc as evidenced by the numerous posts on this forum complaining about how the zerg guild of the year is the most toxic and largest group of jerks ever.
    Loze and Bardy McFly like this.
  7. bardybard Augur

He just wants to cry about big bad boxers ruining his game experience by not interacting with him whatsoever.
  8. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

The server advertised a very specific ruleset to address the group of players that enjoy limited boxing. They make you click that acknowledgment each time at the character select.

Any complaints from other servers I can see just shrugging it off, but advertising 2 box limit enforcements is different.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I might have more tolerance for reading your complaint if you were not so blatantly combative and derogatory in your description of the current GM - maybe it has not occured to you that this might apply to them too?

They do the best they can given their resources, but what they need from you is evidence they can act on, video, logs, concise descriptions of your observation, times, dates, server, zone, names all wrapped up in a petition rather than a whiny forum post loaded with piss & vinegar.
    Stymie, Bardy McFly and Tweakfour17 like this.
  10. Tweakfour17 Augur

Conceptually I agree with what you're saying, but in reality..is it that big of a deal? It seems like people are just mad in general about it even though these alleged boxers have never interacted with them in any way...maybe thats the problem?
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  11. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Yes, it's a real problem. If you're selling enforced 2 box limits for a very specific server, then I'm not going to give anyone grief for complaining about it.

DPG can't enforce the rules though, which means they're complaining into the void that is the forums for our entertainment.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

It's likely a sense of entitlement that to some degree is (or at least perhaps was) justified.

You & I know that DPG said this was a 2 box max server - so evidently some players therefore feel they have a right to be miserable & complain whenever they see anyone going beyond that even after the "dedicated GM support" is now no longer in force.

Realistically expectations should have lowered, that didn't happen for everyone.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  13. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Why would you call players entitled, when that was the selling feature of Aradune?

Plus, it's just a forum post. They're basically toilet paper. Enough of them will make some damage but they're mostly just filled with crap and disappear.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

There's absolutely room to complain, but you can complain or even express anger at something like a reasonable person or.....like the OP.
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Because I feel that is an accurate description of the sentiment exhibited by the OP, this does in no way mean I think everyone on Aradune feels entitled but I think that the OP clearly does.
  16. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

I don't see anything egregious in the OP's post. They note the number of people breaking the intended ruleset and express frustration with the customer support response. The canned response from the GM is pretty amusing and eye rolling though.

Do you think that you posted a reasonable reply to immediately insult the OP?
  17. Bardy McFly Augur

The reality is that they can't afford to do mass banning anymore. They don't have the subscriber numbers like WoW does where they could ban 10K accounts and not see a noticable impact to their bottom line. Their stance on this has been obvious for years, though they will never publicly admit it. They're leaving it to the community to assume the stance and accept it or move on.

Most people have come to accept the reality that boxers (generally speaking) are non-disruptive and often times even helpful folks. You do have the rare Krono farmer that may hog a camp, but the majority of boxers out there prefer to keep to themselves and do their own thing. This is really only even relevent up thru PoP, where the game mostly shifts to instancing for anything of real significance. The population also tanks around then, so having viable boxes to help fill gaps in raids and groups really becomes almost necessary quite quickly. If you think boxing on Aradune is bad now, just wait as the next few expansions come out.

I will never understand the vigilantes that make it their personal vendetta to seek out and report every boxer they see.
    Tweakfour17 and Skrab like this.
  18. Rhythar Augur

I've gotten trained by boxers many more times than by regular players and zerg guilds. Boxers essentially have a license to cheat on Aradune and can get away with a lot more than regular players. They also tend to pull more enemies longer distances than regular players because they don't feel like navigating each character through a dungeon.

There are also plenty of times I find a zone unplayable because someone is PLing, and often it's a boxer.
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

If you think referring to GM's behaviours as "downright criminal" and then go on to say they are liars is perfectly acceptable then you are as bad as he is.

Did I insult him as a person/player/poster?

...or did I just criticize his post's tone & use of language?

Perhaps you are unable or unwilling to see the difference.
    Stymie and Bardy McFly like this.
  20. Rhythar Augur

I spend a lot of time gathering evidence for the GMs, but the GMs don't care. They let most cheaters keep cheating no matter how much help I provide. They are definitely not doing the best they can. They are intentionally letting people cheat.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.