Do you play first person ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Whulfgar, Jun 18, 2021.

1. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Maybe. But I like 1st person. Just like I like not having any sound (so no audio triggers) and no gamparse overlays either. Third person isn't fun to me. *shrug*
  2. shiftie Augur

Judgywudgywasabear < that’s me

I’ve never met a paladin that played outside of first person that was worth a damn. There I said it.
  3. Angahran Augur

If you can't deal with 1st person how do you handle life in the real world ?
  4. Zarkdon Augur

I can turn my head in real life?
  5. Accipiter Old Timer

Only Linda Blair can do that.
  6. Zanarnar Augur

1st person unless i'm bored waiting for a respawn. Old habits die hard i guess.
  7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Lots of times when i play i use my mouse scroll back just so i can see my whole character makes it easier to see stuff on the sides better with a bigger view.

Andarriel
    Metanis likes this.
  8. Bigstomp Augur

We can't. That's why we play EQ.
    Tucoh likes this.
  9. Bardy McFly Augur

3rd person except for water areas/zones.

In other MMOs 3rd person is practically required for situational awareness so you aren't standing in the fire.
    Skuz likes this.
  10. Svann2 The Magnificent

When I want to look to the side I turn my eyeballs.
    When I want to look over my shoulder I turn my head.
    I do not need to turn my whole body, which is what you have to do in game - and it feels like it.
    Skuz and Viper1 like this.
  11. Stymie Pendragon

Now that is gaming! I can't remember how many walls I stared at while counting back then lol.
    Bardy McFly and Metanis like this.
  12. Flatchy Court Jester

I have always played in first person. To me it is part of immersing myself into my character. OI am playing through Flatchy's eyes.

Back before EQ (referred to as "The Horrid Times" ) I played computer games like Baldurs gate and Icewind Dale , etc . I usually ran a crew of players in those games so played in 3rd person to watch the whole party.

Yes I play more than one character now but I also use two diff computers so its still first party, Flatchy has main and second computer runs whatever I want in stacked windows.
  13. cadres Augur

Always played in 1st person.
    Would be interested in trying 3rd person, but it's always just been 'weird' and clunky
    Would love to get any tips/mechanisms that worked from folk who have made the transition