Fixed Internally Defenders raid causing half our raid to crash

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Ninelder, Jun 21, 2021.

1. Ninelder Augur

When the Big Dragons go live in Defenders raid half our raiders are crashing to desktop. Not sure what changed. Its happened twice back to back, so far... at that specific point in the raid.
    Jumbur, Raccoo and Eaiana like this.
  2. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

As a data point, we just did Defenders about an hour ago on Xegony (8:15p Eastern ish) and didn't have any issues when the dragons went live.

That sucks though. I'd update your message to include what server you were on and around what time.
    Fenthen likes this.
  3. Eaiana Augur

I'm crashing like crazy too, client crash to desktop. I have not crashed in months.
  4. Eaiana Augur

Povar server if it matters
  5. Ninelder Augur

Forget back to back twice... Its dozens of times for some people... Thanks for ruining another raid night...
  6. Ninelder Augur

We attempted this 5? times. Half the raid crashed every time when the Big Dragons spawned. I was able to avoid some of it by looking at the floor, then crashed again and tried the sky, then crashed again...

We even tried dropping and re-getting the instance but no good.

I am pretty sure it wasn't caused by any ornament as after 5 years of crashing every time i saw a person with a Frightstone, Sepulchre, or Flowing Blood ornament get rezzed/called/zone into a zone; I made sure to get a gaming computer that did not use an Nvidia graphics card.

Hope all this helps you solve the issue quickly.
    Leerah likes this.
  7. Warpeace Augur

Highly doubt this has anything to do with it.

I have experienced this sudden crash once on this event and some guild members a few times.
  8. niente Developer

This should be fixed in the July patch, send thanks to Dzarn.
    Skuz, Thunderkiks, adetia and 2 others like this.
  9. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Awesome. While we haven’t had the widespread problems with this others have had, we do usually have a few folks get dropped every week. Thanks for tracking it down!
  10. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Curious as to the culprit, I assume druids were to blame?
    Fenthen likes this.
  11. Fenthen aka Rath

Generally it's some sort of spell particle that conflicts with other elements within the zone. Last year we had noticed numerous CTDs during the Kael 1 raid, nearly every week.
  12. Ninelder Augur

Thanks, but is it something we could avoid until it is fixed? Three weeks is a long time to go without being able to raid it and everything after it.
  13. niente Developer

You can avoid this crash if you disable all spell / particle effects.
    CrazyLarth, Ninelder, Tour and 2 others like this.
  14. Ninelder Augur

Thanks
  15. Fenthen aka Rath

Thanks for the update, looking forward to this being fixed next patch.
  16. Vekaras Ranger of the Too Long Name

Now if only half the raids didn't depend on being able to see such spell/particle effects.
    Skuz likes this.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Thanks Dzarn :D