suggestion: consolidate damage spam

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jumbur, Jun 20, 2021.

1. Wulfhere Augur

Slow the melee game down please.

Instead of the ever increasing haste (now capped?) and multiple flurry swings that cause death in the blink of a key press, start taking the opposite approach with high delay, very high damage weapons. Get back to NPC that have 30 or higher delay and when they do swing it's worth the wait so to speak.

Make the best weapons in the game 10000 dmg / 100 delay or whatever. Not every fighter is a whirlwind of swinging limbs and weapons. Where is the hulking PC who only swings once or twice and ends the fight?

The first really high delay weapon that was introduced was the Weighted Axe at 45 dmg / 150 delay. It was not used outside of PvP jousting because of the bad ratio. But what if it had had a decently good ratio, but still a high delay? Other weapons in that style were Dathor Great Hammer (74 dmg / 95 delay) and Plankton Laced Greatsword (75 dmg / 65 delay). There may be others but I don't remember any very high delay weapons like this after PoP. The trend stopped before they became viable.

Bring that style of melee (jousting) to fruition and that could go a long way towards reducing server lag. Massive flurries could be unusual, restricted to e.g. Frenzy and Reflexive Redemption buttons, and not the norm.
    Jumbur likes this.
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I actually liked the original Ice comet, back when it had a 6 second casting time(iirc). The payoff was that 2-3 hits were plenty for most mobs. :)
    Wulfhere likes this.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Just not the agro please!

Back in topic I'd love to get rid of some of my spell spam. Casting one spell should scroll off my chat window
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

You don't even have to bother with a new window...just make a new tab on existing window and turn off the highlight/notifcations for that tab. Then, send all your spam to that tab. It's now out of the way, but, if you ever need to check something, it's right there. Plus, you never have to hunt around for or try to remember where you put that minimized window. :D