Vaniki

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cloud the Third, Jun 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cloud the Third Augur

You have that much trouble reading or is it just an understanding problem?

Anytime you take a sentence out of context it normally makes something sound like something it is not.
  2. Febb Augur

3. Sissruukk Rogue One

Vaniki still up on Vox...
    Yinla likes this.
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

Line forms to the right.
  5. Gnomereaper Augur

When will they implement a system that gives you achievements for days played. We need achievements that only Tharkis can achieve.
    Tharkis and adetia like this.
  6. Smokezz The Bane Crew

See you when you return again... and quit again with something else ridiculous like this!
    Celephane likes this.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I think he just needs to find.....

[IMG]

...our lord & saviour RNGesus.
    Kialya, Stymie, Metanis and 1 other person like this.
  8. Khat_Nip Meow

Heh, yesterday when I wandered in to find Vaniki up I killed him and gated out.
    I remembered the queen was a little screwy too and I needed the check so I went back there and feigned outside the room and tabbed over periodically to check. The later it got the more I forgot regularly check if she spawned.
    Not sure the reason but I woke up really early this morning and figured I'd check what's up so I went over to my comp and there's Queen Raltaas sitting there.
    I harmtouched her, gated out, and went back to bed.
    /true story
    Kialya, Metanis, Yinla and 1 other person like this.
  9. Baradorn Lorekeeper

The OP is exaggerating on this issue and threatening to quit or going wild about this is kinda rubbish imo.

That being said, while I can understand people of his server showing him that Vaniki pops on his server is a good thing to prove him the mob exists, I don't understand that these same people kill Vaniki, when they don't need the kill anymore, you want to tease him again more ? Why don't you just let it alive and let this guy a chance to find the mob alive ?
  10. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

It's probably the difference between:

"Hey, can anybody help me figure out how to get Vaniki to spawn? Been sitting for days and he won't pop."

and

"You guys really need to fix this stupid NPC. Over 2 weeks without leaving a zone and still can't find the NPC up.

Maybe I should thank you guys I really should not waste time playing such an old game anyway.

Anyway I am done playing and hopefully I don't come back and start playing again."
    Kialya likes this.
  11. Sissruukk Rogue One

Well, someone finally came and killed Vaniki. Not sure if it was the OP or not.
    Yinla likes this.
  12. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Bah, jinx.
  13. Khat_Nip Meow

The spawn is not broken so there's nothing to fix.
    Vaniki has been working as intended since he was first put in game. You even admit you understand the spawn mechanics but can't accept the fact that he hasn't spawned when it was convenient for you so you want it changed or forced.
    Some people have seen Vaniki multiple times. Others may not have ever seen him. It's just the nature of this one particular mob. You'll eventually get him if you're persistent.
    Kialya, adetia, Skuz and 2 others like this.
  14. Sindace Elder

Bolded text is correct, quoted text is wrong. There are 5 spawn points, 10% chance per point, every 122 hours. 50% chance to spawn every 122 hours, roughly, with a variable timer on the point a previous Vaniki spawned in. So you could very easily get lucky on several rounds in a row at the 50% probability or get boned for several rounds in a row. 10 days isn't useful on it's own. Checking every 122 hours is the way to go.
    Skuz likes this.
  15. Cloud the Third Augur

Broken and working as intended is 2 different things I would say. As the previous post has made 10% chance for 5 points every 122 hours still does not mean 50% chance it spawns every 122 hours. You may want to look into a statistic class to figure out what it really means. It also means you can't look at the zones up time to figure out what the others may spawn since if one spawns the named and it stays it up 5 hours I am guessing the next chance for him to spawn at that point won't be a multiple of 122 (could be wrong on this I have not seen raw code).

Based on my years of killing this mob (yea I have killed him alot of times over the years before hunter achievement existed) trying to only log in once every 122 hours is stupid and pointless. You need to know the last time there was a possible spawn and the only way to know that is to run a hack program and watch for the next time the invs mob spawns at each of the 5 locations. Once you know that you can just check when each spot is due but if you don't want to use hacks it makes this camp extremely hard to do.

Even after a server reset it doesn't have a 122 hour reset timer so it could be 24 hours when all the invs mobs spawn and the timer starts. That doesn't mean if you are someone who just wants to check 122 hours after a reset it won't be up but it could have been up for 40 hours at that point.
  16. Act of Valor The Newest Member

17. Stymie Pendragon

Op, if you had just asked for advise on getting the rat to spawn this entire thread would have gone a different way, but you do you. It seems to be working wonderfully.
    Kialya, adetia, Skuz and 1 other person like this.
  18. Cloud the Third Augur

I know how it works lol. I have been around since before the sleeper was awaken. The point of this thread was to draw attention to how stupid it is. I could always just go install one of the hack programs and track exactly when it will spawn the next time and just zone in every 122 hours but than that would requires breaking the rules of the game right? Is that how this spawn is suppose to be killed using hack programs?

Over the lifetime of this game I will admit in this thread that I have used them so I know how different ones work. But do the makers of this game want that to be the only way to do stuff???? Clearly if people in township rebellion guild are able to zone in and check exactly when the mob will spawn and after multi weeks saying they have killed him while I was sleeping in the zone they are using these programs (without the programs and myself being in the zone physically I don't see how they magically know when it will spawn next time when there is only a 10% chance for it to spawn 5 times every 122 hours) but do they want everyone to do that?

There is only one way to know when it will possibility spawn. A) you kill the last spawn in all 5 locations. B) you know when the last one had a chance to spawned in all 5 locations. C) there is no way to know when the last time all 5 spawned unless you use a hacking program that lets you see an invs mob in all 5 locations pop even after a server repop they are all kinda random spawns and don't magically instantly spawn on server up or after 122.
  19. Stymie Pendragon

I also started playing before the Sleeper was a thing, but you keep repeating yourself. Here, take this stick and use it against the windmill. I'm out.
    Kialya, Scornfire and Wyre Wintermute like this.
  20. Cloud the Third Augur

Still waiting for someone to tell me how they are able to see an invs mob that spawns randomly between 0 and 122 hours after a server gets reset and then only spawns again if it doesn't spawn the named or if the named for that location is killed. Sure I get they can track 1 location without hacks if they kill it but other than that there is no way to know when there is a chance it will spawn again in 122 hours.

If this seems like a good system for a spawn that is on an achievement let me know but I see tons of problems with it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.