Vaniki

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cloud the Third, Jun 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cloud the Third Augur

You guys really need to fix this stupid NPC. Over 2 weeks without leaving a zone and still can't find the NPC up.

Maybe I should thank you guys I really should not waste time playing such an old game anyway.

Anyway I am done playing and hopefully I don't come back and start playing again.
  2. Maedhros High King

How did you make it this far is THATS what was the final nail in the coffin?
    Wdor, Fenthen, Scornfire and 6 others like this.
  3. Whulfgar Augur

More and more.. people just want things handed over on easy mode in this game..
    Wdor, Axxius, Sissruukk and 4 others like this.
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

And the clock starts ticking...
  5. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

You do know you can politely ask the developers to check to make sure that the mob is not bugged and actually showing up as intended, right?

It is true that some mobs have a terrible spawn rate. This is intended. Players will use up content no matter how fast you make it (and unfortunately, Daybreak is not making very much), so there are many "artificial" speed bumps designed to make you spend time.

Either this is a speed bump mob and your luck with the random number generator is terrible, or it is bugged.

That's assuming you are doing the correct things to spawn the mob...
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

So, maybe just go do something else? There's a lot of content in EQ, this can't possibly be the last thing you have left to do.
  7. The real Sandaormo Augur

Vaniki can not be the last straw lol This mob is and always was on some weird schedule.

First of all, get some rest. Second of all do not accuse people of warping unless you have some sort of idea what your talking about. I do know there were several alts camped out at the Spot to check at specific times if Vaniki was up. This is hardly Warping or even illegal. Remember that there are no camps in EQ so if you were off getting a soda anyone can log in and get the kill.

If I personally found out anyone in TR was using a warping hack or a program that does it. Either they would be gone or I would be. Keep your accusations where they belong, in your sleep deprived head.
    Wdor and Kialya like this.
  8. Khat_Nip Meow

Now I feel kinda guilty killing Vaniki 3 different times.
  9. Knifen Augur

Pffft , heck with camping him normally. Wait for server reset and get 3 toons in there in the 3 diff areas to watch (1 outside Zlandicar room) ( 1 just before Vilefang pit), and 1 in the 3rd area that has 2 possible spawn points. Sorry dont know what to call that room but you can find the locs online has a lil pool in the middle of the room he can pop next to as well as up on a ledge in the same room. Camp for about 13 hours there and you should get a spawn.

Nothing improves his spawn time, not double named weekend and not any other voodoo, this mob blows chunks camping.
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

Yeah, I'd quit too. That isn't healthy.
  11. Knifen Augur

Sadly checking the logs wont work, unless you have toons at all the location you wont see if someone comes in and kills and leaves. Nothing on logs will show them attacking or killing if you aren't near by to see the melee or spell spam. If you did have toons at all locatoin at all the time then you may get hit with the piss poor rng. every 5 days +_ he has a "chance" to spawn. To my knowledge he does spawn at least 1 time during the first 14 hours but i cant guarantee that. And yes I tried everything too with Zlandicar, killing and leaving up that zone is just horrid.

And unless you are bind site on someone not sure how you would know where they "warp" to in the zone, if not in your group they would just disappear in front of you with no clue where they went too.

I feel your pain, during the double named or the fabled weekend forget which it was. But I must have killed zlandicar 7-9 times and never saw Vaniki, after server reset was only way it worked for me.
  12. Knifen Augur

I do agree the spawn timer on this mob should be removed and normal ph added thou.
  13. Khat_Nip Meow

The first time I got Vaniki I just went to the zone on a whim. Ran around for ~2 hours and he spawned.
    The second time was years later during Fabled. I parked myself in the pool room and another toon near Zlandicar. On the 7th day of non-stop sitting there he spawned near the Zlandicar location.
    The third time was again on a whim a few months ago. When I got into the zone he was just standing there already up.
    Kialya likes this.
  14. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

It's one thing to test your endurance for doing boring things, it's quite another to do what is described here. I don't know what Vaniki drops, but it can't be important enough to spend 266 hours out of the last 336 sitting in Dragon Necropolis doing basically nothing.

Go sleep 12 hours, take a long hot shower, and have your favorite drink. Then, never do this to yourself ever again.
    Wdor and Thundersnake like this.
  15. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Isn't this just for a totally optional achievement that yields no reward? Maybe do something else?
  16. Knifen Augur

Im a sucker for a check mark, or rather just a sucker so I kept trying till it was done, its also has a quest for a weapon that turns mobs into a skelly and a key to Jaled Shar room. But lets be honest all 3 reasons to go for it are pointless, specially when raid leader wont let you proc a skelly buff on a raid target to make them smaller 8)
  17. The real Sandaormo Augur

Sounds more like you just don't know what your doing than some super secret Warp hack strat that the rest of EQ is using.

We got the check mark as a guild on a Hunters night. The only reason it was even camped recently was for the Fabled version of the Willsapper. I think its all yours now, once you figure out how to camp it that is.
  18. Cloud the Third Augur

You can say whatever you want but you know I can watch it happen.
  19. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea such a stupid mob with his 122+ hr or whatever it is and if your on fv your really out of luck! I just gave up on it.

Andarriel
  20. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Since Vaniki is such a special case when it comes to named (you can't hurry his spawn) I think it would be okay if it was an optional checkmark. Sort of like Sverag and how it was made an optional achievement. I'm not going to lose sleep over it though, and I certainly won't throw a fit and post I'M QUITTING on the forums about it.
    Ozon and adetia like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.