So burning lands is free now

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Argu, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Vumad Cape Wearer

You can wear armor from an expansion you don't own? I never knew. I always just assumed. Would TOV actually be better with the level requirements or is there none on T1 gear? I forget.
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

The ToV T1 gear is 110, I believe. The gear container AND the reagent are both tradeable, so yeah, you can wear it if you don't own ToV.

Honestly, it never made sense to make the reagent tradeable.
    Vumad, Gyurika Godofwar and Skuz like this.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

So long as you have a solid 3-4 person group these are all doable in group gears. I had heard a lot about how hard the missions were but maybe they have been downtuned a lot since they were first released, they were not so bad on Phinigel TLP at least.
  4. Szilent Augur

they have not been changed.

There was a crash bug fix to Contract of War shortly after release. A script bug fix to Strange Magic that was anomalously killing player pets when it cleared NPC pets. A *loot* nerf to prevent farming of spiderlings in Prince Ralaifin. No post-release difficulty tuning to any mission.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Skuz like this.
  5. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I think the only mission I couldn't 3 box with a monk tank, was 4 golems in relic. This was of course by the end, mostly raid geared. The faux raid in PoFire was a shitter too.
  6. Conq Augur

I think that same mechanic also killed all merc's in the zone. No idea if that was ever fixed, I don't merc.
    Conq
  7. Szilent Augur

yeah same bug. Point being, enemies & AEs haven't been changed in that mission or others. Skuz's experience of the missions as "not so bad" isn't due to any nerfs.
  8. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

I think that people that had problems with TBL were the same that had problems with the difficulty of RoS T1 zones. So, they were just in EoK T2 gear still at 110.
  9. Celephane Augur

115 recommended, 110 required
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I've heard that about you ;)
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

Possibly. As a non-raider I can tell you I didn't have that problem. I had T2 gear in EoK, RoS, and TBL.
  12. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Overthere and Skyfire were maligned for their difficulty upon launch. TBL, was a step up from both of those early zones.
  13. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I would expect most people at 110 to have at least conflagrant gear, The materials were not hard to get back then(and now they can be acquired with overseer)

The problem with RoS tier1 was that nameds had some nasty special attacks(iirc), but crafting materials dropped from trash-mobs too.
    Skuz likes this.
  14. Vumad Cape Wearer

Everyone really struggled with the one mission on the island with the lava. I forget the name, the one with the pheonix. We had a lot of people in raid gear wipe on that. Maybe now people have worked out strategies but there were a ton of players who didn't get into static smoke until near are after the end of the expansion cycle. Smoke is a T1 zone.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It wasn't just the named, the trash in OT had nasty dots and SF had the drakes, which could easily mount up if you happened to pick the wrong spot.

My main beef with RoS was T1 being harder than T2. Goro, Chardok, Droga and even VP were easier than the 2 T1 zones.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Niskin like this.
  16. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Chardok and Droga were EoK. They were definitely easier ;)
  17. Szilent Augur

Trial of Ashen Cliff's Glory? lol, not everyone.
  18. Moege Augur

Has those drakes even being fixed, one patch broke them (500k aoe iirc, sam patch overtuned tbm missions also) ?