Past Expansion Collector's Edition Bundle Now Available!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Accendo Guest

An homage to some of your favorite expansions.

Check out the new Past Expansion Collector's Edition Bundle in the Marketplace this month from June 16 to June 30, 2021! Available on servers with Underfoot unlocked. This new pack costs 7999 Daybreak Cash which you can reload here.

Individual items are available on progression servers before Underfoot is unlocked. These items are only available when the expansion they came out with is the most recent expansion. When the next expansion unlocks, those items will no longer be available, and the next item(s) will be available.

Items in the Past Expansion Collector's Edition Bundle include:

Mechamatic Blueprint – Activates your contract with special Gnomework mercenaries. Hadya Ware in Plane of Knowledge will allow you to finish up the paperwork and hire the mercenaries. Was originally packaged with the Underfoot expansion.

Mottled Worg Bridle – Summons a Mottled Worg mount to ride. Was originally packaged with the Secrets of Faydwer expansion.

[IMG]

Mark of Brell – Mystically transports you to Brell's Rest in the Plane of Underfoot. Was originally packaged with the Underfoot expansion.

Frozen Crystal Shard – Surrounds you with a frozen shard of Gelidran crystal. Was originally packaged with the Omens of War expansion.

Burning Crystal Shard – Surrounds you with a fiery shard of Pyrilen crystal. Was originally packaged with the Omens of War expansion.

Ornate Barding – Summons a Warhorse mount ride. Was originally packaged with the Prophecy of Ro expansion.

Sceptre of Draconic Calling – Mystically transports you to Crescent Reach. Was originally packaged with The Serpent's Spine expansion.

[IMG]

Gnomish Steamfists – Triggers a blast of steam that propels you forward and increases your movement speed for 0:36:00. Was originally packaged with the Secrets of Faydwer expansion.

Taelosian Morphemic Staff – Increases your faction with Nihil and Yunjo Slave Resistance by 700 points. Was originally packaged with the Gates of Discord expansion.

Collapsible Roboboar – Summons a Roboboar mount to ride. Was originally packaged with the Depths of Darkhollow expansion.

[IMG]

Runed Gargoyle Tooth – Handing this item to Kalon Corsan in the Plane of Knowledge will unlock the Runed Gargoyle spirit shroud. Was originally packaged with the Depths of Darkhollow expansion.

Qeynos Shield of Foundation – Increases your faction with Cirtan, Bayle's Herald by 500 points, Bayle's Irregulars and Oceangreen Residents by 200 points. Was originally packaged with the Seeds of Destruction expansion.

[IMG]

Aviak Spirit Totem – Increases your faction with Blacksail Smugglers by 100 points. Was originally packaged with The Buried Sea expansion.

Jump in game and grab your bundle today to relive the nostalgic days of yore!
  2. Imukai Augur

Would be nice if it were available on the TLPs just not /claimable until Underfoot or whatever. By the time Mangler gets around to Underfoot you might have this package vaulted again.
    PathToEternity and Dreadnote like this.
  3. Warpeace Augur

First though is you over priced the collectors stuff.

Second thought is you should have had an option to buy with SC or real cash.

I missed some of the items when they were current, but I also don't see value in over paying for pixels in a game that lags, crashes and has other deficiencies.
    Bobokin and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

You are getting 6+ boxed editions worth of in-game claims. I believe the Roboboar and Worg Bridle were single claim.

You can use Daybreak Cash accumulated via monthly membership (500 DBC per month).

Does the game lag and crash? At times (generally rare but in certain high pop/calculation situations, possibly). Constantly? No, that's an unfair characterization and you probably wouldn't be here if that were the case (much less interested in cosmetics).
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  5. Warpeace Augur

No, no its not unfair.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. toxicsmell Journeyman

wow way to take every bit of being an old timer and giving it to all the newbs
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Disapointed, was hoping they would add the ROF feature so I would be able to use the collects I have from RoF which were only usable if you had the collectors addition.

As for the package, not worth the price when some of them are showing red and unusable, have bugged it.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Plenty of "old timers" took a break & came back, - actual "newbs" as in people who have never played EQ before are actually very rare but it's always "real nice" of some people to kick them in the teeth regardless, maybe you should look at things a little differently if you want to encourage people to return and especially if you want to see actual newbs take an interest in the game.
    But hey, maybe you are one of those who would hate to see EQ become successful again.

That said I agree this package is overpriced but if you want to support the game I guess you can choose to do that, I know I won't be since I bought every expansion up until Secrets of Faydwer once already & had most of those items on my old main, but to re-obtain them at this price for my current main is something I will not do.
  9. Zipe The Healer

Hello,
    That's pretty awesome. I must congratulate DPG to finally take this marketing decision and offer this. The bundle is irrelevant, or well, it's just a plus that every TLP'er should get but I doubt that many will value right now since it's like a "long term" purchase/investment, I really doubt that the guys on the new TLP's where those expansion are years away can give any value to it right now.

But what's big is the feature you are adding about offering each expansion bonus item while it is current on each TLP.

Buying the Mark during UF or the Scepter during TSS is HUGE. The GOD Staff is nice to speed up BiC a little too! Congrats to whoever took this monetization decision, it was so obvious and it was so stupid to not have it done... Smart and about time.

Sadly, for me it comes 3 years late but thanks for listening and finally doing it. If I ever do a TLP-cycle again I'll certainly buy each item during each exp if I find them useful.

EDIT; btw, I don't know if this is intentional but you have added a Timer to the Veil of Alaris package that expires same day that this Past Expansion package expires. I'll assume, if this isn't a mistake, that the VoA package will only be available if VoA is current expansion from now on.
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  10. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Swing and a Miss, but thanks for the thought.
    Gremin, Jordis, Bobokin and 3 others like this.
  11. Sir Bad Habit New Member

The only expansion I am looking for is ROF and only so I can use the collectibles. I'm also not willing to pay $80 for it.
  12. Sir Bad Habit New Member

The only expansion I am looking to get is the ROF only to be able to use the collectibles. That is not worth $80 or combining it with other older items I do not want. Please we should be able to use this content.

Other wish items include the hermit house and other unique guild houses if only to make the exploration achievement more doable.
    nitrocutter likes this.
  13. Benito EQ player since 2001.

The high price of the bundle reinforces the idea that you shouldn't wait to pay the prices for current Collector or Premium Editions. They have to price it where it prevents or limits the moral hazard (i.e. they will make no sales in the present because players will always wait for the predicted discount).
    Bardy McFly and Dythan like this.
  14. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Its not that many of us wait, its that many of us missed an expansion here or there due to real life and not playing the game at the time. These are old expansions and not ones we can still purchase by themselves. Yes, we do get all past expansions when purchasing the current one but we do not get all the collects that came out in those past expansions.

And waiting for a predicted discount was only applicable when they discounted current expansion by 50% right before the new expansion would come on sale in November. But that was changed this last year and it was only a 20% discount.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Yinla like this.
  15. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Then there could be two reasons for the higher price: (1) the moral hazard that a discount would affect the current pricing structure and (2) undermining the players who paid full price (they'll now wait).

If people are smart consumers, they will wait for any discount. The folks who want the 'Visage of the Othmir Gentlemen' from CoV PE are surely waiting for the 25% off. Darkpaw agrees with my argument (moral hazard) and that's why you are seeing high bundle prices and lower discounts.
  16. Warpeace Augur

Did you buy the Illusion of 5+ krono?
  17. Benito EQ player since 2001.

That's Veteran_BetaTester.

He's still buying based on his thread.
  18. Dreadnote New Member

Not gonna lie, this should have been a cash option and the items gone to the claims window to be able to accept specific pieces game wide rather locked to one server.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  19. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Should’ve thrown all the Collector’s items into a “Collector’s” Crate like a heritage crate.
    Jordis, Bobokin and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  20. EQ Player New Member

So, if you have all but 1 or 2 or 5 of the items, you have to pay the full amount for just those?
    Bardy McFly likes this.