So burning lands is free now

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Argu, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Argu Lorekeeper

Just wondering what this will change for my level 110 SK and 110 mage. Will it autogrant all of those missing AA's I haven't trained yet? Also will I be able to increase my level to 115 now or is that a different expansion?
  2. Tutankamen Augur

I'm sure Autogrant is still at 105... just like it was before when the latest FTP expac was ROS. You'll just have to go buy new spells in TBL. Also you'll have access to Jann's Veil. I think that about sums it up. You won't have access to 115 until TOV unlocks. Which will be a year or two i'm sure.
    Yinla and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  3. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

The 4 evolving items are potentially better then any ToV group gear your wearing
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Dwimmerlaike Elder

TBL might as well be free, with the ridiculous tasks and methods to unlock the content, you get to look at the stupidest entry zone of any xpac and nothing more.
    Gyurika Godofwar and cadres like this.
  5. Vumad Cape Wearer

TBL has been free since CoV launched I think, or just after.

Autogrant is currently active to EOK. If you sort the filter expansion, you will see that no AA are purchasable from before ROS. This excludes things like trade-skill and racial innate which are not bound to an expansion.

You will now be able to do TBL content, which only changes things for you if you go to TBL.

You can bypass all of the TBL flagging requirements by getting a taskadd to the last ACH on the mission list which gets you a lamp that lets you port to the end zones of each tree. You can port to mearatas and zone back into wind, or port into allashai and then zone back into ash. You have to do progression to get into static smoke but otherwise you can skip progression entirely and go enjoy the expansion.

Yes. The TBL evolvers are the best gear available once leveled for TBL, ToV and possibly CoV. It's unlikely he is wearing TOV gear if he's talking about TBL being free, as he likely does not own TOV.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

then what is this update today?

- Granted The Burning Lands for free to Test Server and live players.

My Silver and F2P accounts only had 24 of 27 expansions when logging in. Now they have 25. The 25th is TBL

If you purchased the expansion back then or the latest expansion then yes, it was included free.

But as far as owing the expansion - it is now free to all players without having to purchase anything.

Edit like many times in the past there is confusion as to the expansion or the progression being free.
    Vumad and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  7. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Cept tov group gear is tradable, and cheap in the baz.
  8. Szilent Augur

Evolvers are Prestige items, so unlikely to appeal to committed f2p players.

Jann illusion is a heck of a thing, though
    depending on class, Dissident upgrades to Dichotomic abilities are real nice.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

RoS was the one given when CoV launched. TBL was gifted today, just to clarify.
  10. Slasher Augur

ROS was given last year. TBL was thought to be this year when COV was launched but dreamweaver gave some reason i cant remember. This is a result of a level increase in the next expansion and we will likely see TOV free to play when that is launched they have said in the past they want to keep free to play 5 levels below the current max level.
  11. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I came back in February of this year so maybe I'm missing something, or misunderstood your post. Didn't CoV come out last year? Didn't RoS get opened up F2P when that happened?

TBL was opened for F2P with the patch today. It was done on the Test Server last week when the patch hit there, and now today on the Live servers. So this is different than how they normally do it where they only open when new expansion packs come out. I'm guessing they are readjusting things and it will go back to normal after this, but who knows.
  12. Velisaris_MS Augur

Now they just need to unlock all the zones for this dumpster fire of an expansion and we can forget it ever existed and move on.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Ozon like this.
  13. Szilent Augur

or you can…do the tasks? There's no "wall" situation, it just takes a bit of adventuring. Game leaders did full progression in 2-3 days wearing RoS gear not ToV Snowbound like is currently available to all.

lol EQ Discord with the spot-on hot take for this

https://discord.com/channels/618902729925984279/621399609905774593/854832861924032513

Sephirex — Today at 2:18 PM

Cause making me actually play the game to enjoy new content is a total scam
  14. Tucoh Augur

It's a trap, don't do it!
  15. aozs Augur

I can see TBL progression having several walls since it's a mix of group missions and tasks. The smoke trials being the one I've seen the most complaints about, though I think Wending Ways is quite easy and should be doable for a group that's cleared Fight Fire.

The group game is always a bit hard to assess because group capability varies so much depending on number of player characters, class comp, gear, skill, AAs, etc. A full group of geared, AA'd, skillfully played characters with a good comp could easily do 10x or maybe even 20x the work of a casual, 2-3 person group with mercs, boxes, and oddball comps.

People who tend to play in the first category will crush all group content and not really be affected by spikes in difficulty, while people in the second category might be able to find themselves able to complete progression on some expansions but then get demolished by something like TBL. That's where the complaints seem to come out.

Personally I prefer TBL style expansions with clear progression over open ToV / CoV style, but I can understand the desire for accessibility and can't really say which is better for the game.
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  16. Slasher Augur

ROS was F2P before COV came out is what im saying. When COV came out they were supposed to unlock TBL but never did you can find out why if you search for one of dreamweavers post explaining it. Also no they have done this before after expansions come out i believe they did one around feb a few years ago.
  17. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Got it, I didn't know about that, thanks.
  18. Velisaris_MS Augur

It's about letting people play the game the way THEY want to play it vs. being forced to play it the way Daybreak thinks it should be played.

TBL cost $35 and it gave players access to ONE, tiny, awful zone when it opened vs. having all zones available to everyone on day one in ToV/CoV, allowing people to spread out and do their own thing.
  19. Sissruukk Rogue One

You still need to actually visit these zones in order to use the lamp. Best way to do it is get with someone that has a fellowship, have them pop into Mearatas and Aalishai and drop a campfire for you. Once you zone in, you can use your lamp to head back at any time.
    Fanra, Vumad and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  20. Bigstomp Augur

Beating the zones/missions is easy if you have friends.
    If you don't, it may be difficult to solo.