Longterm flaws in everquest

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jumbur, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Jumbur Improved Familiar

This is also the issue with the UI-bloat, every time they add a new feature they add a corresponding UI element too. EVEN if it would make more sense to consolidate different UI windows. Or to convert old features into the new UI.
    For example, we have "tasks", "ldon-adventure", and the "quest-log" being 3 separate windows, but for the player they are conceptually the same thing.
    Having "don-currency" in a separate place than all the other currencies, is another example.

At least we don't have 22 different XP-bars...:eek:
    Ssdar, menown and Skuz like this.
  2. Cloud the Third Augur

The problem with wind and other environmental sounds is my only problem I have had with sound. I also have it turned off but it doesn't work in alot of zones. I am a software engineer and work from home so I like having sound on so I have a triggered sound when someone sends me a tell or if a mob starts attacking me.

Well I also have had issues with sound from the fact I always have at least 2 toons online and for some reason 1 of the 2 will have the sound just stop working until I relogin into the game. I am camping alot of hunter names right now and a few times I had the sound break causing me not to realize a mob was attacking me and I died or killed a named with riposte that I wanted to know was attacking me so I could invite a friend for the hunter credit.
    Skuz likes this.
  3. Chaosflux Augur

Holy F the TBM HAs, I remember doing Into the Temple B on live I used to solo it in like <10 minutes as a paladin, I came into it on Miragul thinking lulz we be done in 5 minutes tops (high dps no f'ing around crew) with this group. I popped my burns went into the first room and started going ham on that ghoul immediately to the right, I am watching the dps overlay going up and the total damage is just crawling up and up, they used to have 1.5 to 1.8m health, the thing finally died at 7m iirc. I was like weird maybe this is a fluke. I pulled one of the golems and my audio trigger I have for hits over 45k just starts going off every other round and I am like wtf is going on. On live those only hit for a max of 30k. And the named? I must have burned 100 glyphs doing Hunter for that expansion, it was silly AF.

The HAs in TBM after revamps are legitimately way more painful than they ever were in era

Don't even get me started on the ridiculous keying requirements and trying to fit keying that takes 7 weeks into a 8 week expansion. Who the hell thought that was OK, or when armor starts costing 300k a set, there's no way to keep up without unattended farming which obviously is frowned on. BUT its a TLP so I guess if you see a gnome named Chaosflux in Siren's Grotto just mind your own business. Lol
    Skrab and Skuz like this.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I would delete the rest of that paragraph but you're largely right.
    Costs of things are set for live servers, where players have had 6-12 months between each expansion to build up platinum.
    On TLP servers with a far lower rate of platinum accumulation those same prices for type 3's and for making your gear and the costs of spells all add up to a big hole in your pocket.

By 2015 (TBM) on Live servers the Krono price was already 2 million+ platinum yet by that same stage (TBM) on Phinigel Krono were less than 1/4 of that because there was simply far less Platinum around on the server.

Everything felt far too expensive even before EoK & RoS really ramped up prices.
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  5. Chaosflux Augur

Yeh I think I dropped 2 or 3m on day one of ROS, which like thats no big deal on a live server where there's been 19 years of plat accrued and the economy is such to support that. Thats probably like 50% of the plat on this server that hadn't been eaten by prior expansions plat sinks lol.

Kind of a big deal on a 18 month old server, I've got guildies who still haven't bought RK1s due to the pummeling all the previojs expansions have done to their bank savings.

Let's not even talk about getting TS to 350 and Artisan's prize on a server this old. Like the sheer amount of weekends I spent murdering everything under the sun 20 30 hours straight is a degree of mindless grinding that shouldn't be a thing. People complained about epics in Kunark and VP keys, ooh buddy that was a dream compared to the Late era TS grind. Really no good way to do it either other than pull entire zones and murder it till those stupid Prestidigatse or whatever drop. On the plus side I've got all the slayer achievements now I guess.
    Stymie and Skuz like this.
  6. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Tbh, Im not sure that the majority of players on live are rich enough to keep up with all the plat sinks...Im constantly poor, and I don't think Im the only one!:oops:
    Skuz likes this.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Imagine having 50% to 75% less time to farm plat, thats TLP life lol
    Wyre Wintermute and Jumbur like this.
  8. Cloud the Third Augur

Us rich bastards just have no life and play all day long farming stuff while we are at work. I probably only work 1-2 hours a day at my job and play EQ and watch movies the rest of the day. I really hate my current job atm because I have nothing to do most of the day. I am a software engineer who loves to code and solve problems and currently i am sitting around bored most of the day. I really need to find a new job.
  9. Chaosflux Augur

Yeh didn't they nerf old raid chests too, I coulda swore when UF was current we got like 25k per chest crack, I went to get Hand of Serilis title and vanquisher of convorteum acheesemints and got like 5k a chest crack, wtf was that all about.
  10. Cloud the Third Augur

It depends on how many people are in the raid. More people in the raid more plat in the chest. It is just guilds never shared the plat.
  11. Chaosflux Augur

Are you sure that's how it works? Because I've soloed ROF raids and gotten way better chests :/
  12. Cloud the Third Augur

They really need to fix Hunter achievement in dragon necropolis. Vaniki needs to either made spawn with a proper ph you can kill or removed from the list. I have killed Zland more than 10 times in a row and he has still not spawned for me. I guess it is possible that someone could have came in and killed it when it spawned while i was sleeping 5-6 hours a night or maybe 1 hour when I was afk going to get some lunch or something but I was able to kill Zland 10 times in a row and still have not seen the rat spawn, something is wrong here.
    Raptorjesus5 and Stymie like this.
  13. Cloud the Third Augur

No that was a complete BS post for fun.
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

This probably isn't the cause in your case, but I get this when I have my headphones plugged in and then unplug them with EQ running. About 25% of the time I lose sound altogether
  15. Visitor Augur

I turned environment sound off, once I no longer feared the sound of Hill Giants stomping up from behind.
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

When I had that happen it was due to the sound drivers not changing from headphones back to speakers, if you haven't done so already updating your sound card drivers may fix that.
    Accipiter likes this.