DBG: Easy fix to stop boxing violations

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Fell, Jun 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fell Augur

Where did I "pretend this isn't the case"? Shifting the argument to a class balance issue is simply an attempt to close down debate. If you like boxing so much, play on a server which allows unrestricted boxing. What's so hard about that?
  2. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

If you like telling people what to do so much, play on a server which allows you to tell others what to do. What's so hard about that?
    That Guy likes this.
  3. That Guy Journeyman

If you make claims, the burden of proof is on you.

1. You have said "most players dislike boxing" Citation needed. My hunch is, so long as no shenanigans are afoot, such as camp stealing and so on, most people don't care.

2. You have said "play on a server which allows unrestricted boxing" First, I would like a quote to the precise rules which you claim state X, Y, or Z boxing is against terms of use. Secondly, I would like proof that boxers are violating such.

And no "I just know" or "you can tell" do not meet requirements for proof. How do you know without a burden of a doubt, not even an iota, know full and well that each and every boxer out there is using 3rd party software, and isn't just sitting with a wraparound table with multiple computer setups.

3. If boxers vex you to this degree, wouldn't it just be simpler for "you" to move instead, rather than, say, Daybreak to change their rules policy, implement it, then pay for the digital controls, then the man hours enforcing it? Fairly easy to say "fix this" from the peanut gallery with no clear notion of the work involved, the time required, or the scope of what you are truly asking for what indeed is, a personal problem.

You don't like or approve of boxers? Good for you. Then don't group with them. But stop insisting everyone who plays differently than you do is wrong, are cheaters, and that it is Daybreaks obligation to step in and render the game down to your personal approval of what is and is not, legal and legit gameplay.
    Hypatia likes this.
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

I disagree. If you didn't have boxers, you would have EQ at all. It's as simple as that.
  5. Accipiter Old Timer

It's a macaroni quest thing.
  6. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

I 2 box some times 3 with my laptop and desktop. I just load up 2 patchers on one pc. I use follow all the time. As long as my necro is in the group the other 2 are useless. Drop necro for something else and the cleric and sk are playable. With out follow I’d drop both other accounts real fast.

I’ve been “true boxing”on thornblade. With a sk and shaman. With out follow Innuthule swamp would be a nightmare.

Has any one supported the whole “afk I have to pee” and /follow some one in group or are is every one poopsockers and they don’t afk?
  7. Mithra Augur

I never afk. People that afk in groups are scum.
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

That shouldn't work on TrueBox servers.
  9. Baldur Augur

The box hate is real. In my experience you box haters are way worse than the boxers. You usually use your hatred of boxers to justify any behavior against them: training, ksing, camp stealing. Boxers are so horrible it's justified to you.

Most boxers just want to do their own thing and be left alone.

There's a server for you, it's Aradune. There's also a reason they will never make a no box server, go to p99 if you want that.
  10. code-zero Augur

I've come to the opinion that the most vocal anti-boxers ninja afk all the time
  11. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

He didn't get to the TrueBox part until after that. His SK/Shaman duo is on TrueBox, the others must not be.
    Loratex likes this.
  12. Tweakfour17 Augur

Even solo you can do this easily. Especially in the early game Krono is so free flowing its not hard to play a few hours a week and earn enough to play for "free".
  13. Tweakfour17 Augur

As long as the big bad evil boxers aren't training or otherwise griefing me then I don't care. DBG doesn't care. Only you care. Live and let live
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  14. Gnothappening Augur

Might I suggest the small USB or wireless number pads? If you set your hotkeys up right you don't even have to turn your head once you are in camp. The number pads take up far less room than a full keyboard does. If you want to really customize them you can get keyboard stickers and make custom labels for each 10-key.

Also, a few years ago someone mentioned that they used multiplicity so that key could move their mouse pointer from one screen to another. I haven't tried it myself, but they were a fan of it.
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

I use Synergy for that but same thing, basically. I only use the mouse when I need to do something I can't do with my hotkey setups. Synergy is handy in that circumstance.
  16. Gnothappening Augur

Couple of things. The first is that you shouldn't be able to load up two toons on one computer if the code is working correctly. The second is that I wouldn't suggest bypassing this, even if you can, because that does violate the rules.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Each one of those accounts on Rizlona is a paid account, it doesn’t matter that they may be controlled by fewer players. There might be a difference when it comes to marketplace purchases but we can’t really get to those numbers.
  18. Nykara2 Elder

Aren't you lucky then that you never have to pee, or tend to kids, let dogs out, answer the phone or door, or eat, or just generally live.
  19. Mithra Augur

You dont need to do those things when grouped with me.
  20. Nykara2 Elder

My kids and 16yr old dog that cant hold it anymore would disagree (and so would I). But you're right, because I'd be unlikely to group with someone like you.
    Metanis likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.