Gen Con, RL Guild Meet-Up, September 2021

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fading Illusion, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Fading Illusion Augur

Hello all!

Fading/Kitt here! I wanted to reach out and see if anyone would be attending Gen Con this year?

Gen Con is held in Indianapolis each year, and is the largest board gaming convention in the world. It's a really big deal, and usually has a pretty big video gaming component as well.

My guild has been planning a Real Life Guild Retreat for some time, but the pandemic put that on hold. We decided to have it this year in Indianapolis to coincide with Gen Con!

Currently I have about 10-20 guild mates that will be gathering (some attending Gen Con, some just attending our own private events) and I wanted to reach out to the EverQuest community and see if perhaps we could put together a full EQ meet-up...

Any interest in an EverQuest mini-fan meet up during Gen Con? Are any devs going?

It could be a nice restart for The EverQuest Show as well that I have been putting off.

Thoughts?
    Fading/Kitt
    Skuz likes this.
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

I will not be able to go. :( But, will there be a video of the experience?
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

4. Bigstomp Augur

It would be fun but it's way too early after over a year in isolation to trust my fellow humans.
  5. Crystilla Augur

Another soul I appreciate.

Fading, would love to see you again but something of this magnitude of people I'm not quite ready to trust in again. Smaller settings up, but GenCon brings folks from all over.
  6. Sissruukk Rogue One

Sounds like fun, however all my funds are set aside for my trip to Alaska in August.
  7. Fading Illusion Augur

Most of us are not actually attending Gen Con, just merely using that timeframe to gather (as I know some people DO want to attend the convention).

Myself, I will not be attending, but wanted to reach out to any EQ fans that may be here during it.

Most of my guildies are meeting together just in our small group.

Fading/Kitt