Curious how many people line buffs out?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Whulfgar, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Khoza Augur

Self buffs and clicks at the top, ordered from longest to shortest duration. Easy to tell what needs recast, my clickies are in that order on my hotbar. Just find the lowest duration buff still on me, and cast everything shorter duration than that.
    I generally don't worry about others buffs on me, though if I know haste is incoming, I will click off my self haste and try to get shm/enc haste in that slot.

I would absolutely LOVE the ability to reorder buffs.
    Winnowyl likes this.
  2. kizant Augur

I just like having my own buffs first so I can quickly see what I'm missing. The order isn't too important.
  3. MageGuy MageGuy

How does dispel work now?
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Many people have said this. The issue is, as a play session goes on, they can move around. If one expires, and you get a buff from another player while it's expired, which takes that buff slot, now your buff is no longer in a "top" slot, if you even notice that it's gone.
  5. kizant Augur

I keep them up front so it's hard not to notice so that has never really happened. The only time I have an issue like that is after a res if people are quick to buff. If it's spell haste or clarity I have to keep it but most other buffs I'd just click off.
  6. Laronk Augur

Since dispel is random now (it is random right?) I'd like to be able to drag my buffs around so I know when important stuff drops more easily. I'd actually use a different ui with numbered spots in the buff window if I could drag them around.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Dispell from current Sontalak is first slots (4 I think), in the past there was some dispells that were random.
  8. Horse Journeyman

I order my first 4 buffs... the rest is random.
  9. RPoo Augur

Sorry I couldn't help myself....
    [IMG]
    Stymie likes this.
  10. Bigstomp Augur

Depends on the event. I think by default it's top to bottom, but they have the ability to randomize it.
  11. FranktheBank Augur

If I get to set it up.

[IMG]

Grouped by class, in descending order of quantity of buffs.

If it's in a raid fight, only the top 5 matter.
  12. Lianeb Augur

I honestly couldn't care less about buffs.
    I look at my buff window for the big ones before an event, and if I have around 30 total I am gtg and the raid is also.

During an event if I die, I just go back to doing what I was doing, if someone notices that I died and rebuffs me then that is cool otherwise I go buffless, other than self buffs
    Zolav and Viper1 like this.
  13. Zolav Augur

Lets see.. how do I handle buffs. Well I make sure I have the three little wolf icon buffs, then I make sure I have a haste buff and finally I make sure there is some Shaman focus in there.. so all in all I spend about 1.2 seconds on a raid night worrying about buffs.

I hope you guys who spend all this time worrying about where your buffs are located can at least actually play LOL.
  14. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

So you do care...

...that's cause the clerics cover your butt in getting you buffs.

Lianeb does run low of buffs in group play ... but he's got a friggin melee group so he's already on easy mode.

<3 you Lianeb

Says the zerker who never has to worry about endurance. Make endurance recovery like mana and let's see you not care anymore...

I feel like none of you play EQ right. Buff order matters. Being able to recite the order of your buffs on each character matters. Stopping play and stripping off all buffs to redo because Brells is in the wrong spot is what life is all about. The rest is just periods between rezzes.
  15. Zolav Augur

I probably still wouldn't' care. Just saying :)
  16. Stymie Pendragon

That made me chuckle haha!
  17. Vumad Cape Wearer

Dispel used to always remove buffs from the top down. We used to click a bunch of junk buffs that didn't do anything meaningful and then MGB the important buffs. It would continue to go top down so if you redid junk buffs then you could keep protecting the good buffs. They did away with that mechanic. Now that dispel is random. Junk buffs can still dilute the dispel and help prevent losing good buffs but you can't perpetually protect buffs anymore. As some posted there may be some events where dispel is still top down but most/all events now dispel your slots randomly.