Hate mini bosses on mischief

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by DruidStorm69, Jun 9, 2021.

1. DruidStorm69 New Member

I am really put off by the decision to completely nerf the mini boss drops in hate. My guild just now got to raiding hate and we are very disappointed there are no extra loots at all. I understand you dropped the ball and let the elite guilds farm far too much too. That Is not an excuse to punish the other 99% of your player base. We want at least some extra loot on freaking bosses. The rest of the named drop extra stuff. This is honestly very disappointing you are just rewarding the players who exploited.
  2. Gheed Is not reading your response

WHERE IS MY FRICKIN LOOT
  3. NumberWonEUteeth New Member

Great nerf. This will keep truly the top guilds on top.
    Herf likes this.
  4. Omen777 New Member

100% benefits those who got there first... very unfair to everybody else.
    Herf likes this.
  5. Accipiter Old Timer

I assumed this is a work in progress. Have they stated this is the final implementation?
  6. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Not that I've seen anywhere in the Bug Report forum or anything. Nothing in the new Test Patch Notes. No other patch will hit before Kunark, but it could still change down the road. Or could be an undocumented change.
    Herf likes this.
  7. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Your not being punished by a bug being fixed. The "elites" were simply rewarded for being better then you.

I'm looking over the ToS, and I don't see the part where you were garrunteed equal payoff for less / slower gameplay. I'll keep looking through.
    andross77 likes this.
  8. AoEBox Elder

I was always under the impression that if you are exploiting a known bug that it is against the ToS.
    ( which they were in PoFear due to pick hopping and monopolizing the golems.)

The fact they nerfed this and didn't remove any of those items from said characters is a clear sign of bias towards the top guilds.
  9. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

This wasn't an exploit per say, they didn't have to do anything against the rules to take advantage of it. It could be said that they were "exploiting" the known situation, but that's not the same thing. There is this bit in the rules about doing something exploitative without reporting it once you discover it, not exact wording but something like that. In this case they were streaming it and making it well known, enough so that it was on the forums very quickly after.

I think it was back on Agnarr when the pottery idol recipes were live, and they warned they were going to take them out. People made a bunch and sold them. I think they eventually took the items away in addition to the recipes. That was very unpopular. This time around they left the loot in. People complained either way. I don't think it matters in the long run.
  10. Zanarnar Augur

Actually, the "elites" exploited a bug and should all be banned right now.

Either it was a) intended to work that way or b) a bug that was exploited. Clearly it was B so lets look at what the rules have to say on the matter:

Yup, so I fully expect all those who took part to be banned.. they're not elite, they're cheaters.

Also its guaranteed not whatever you typed.
  11. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Normally I'm not a fan of the elite players who will push any advantage and potentially exploit to stay that way. Not saying I know who those are this time around, or if the people that did this were them. However, what they did here was not that.

They killed a mob, using normal means, while streaming so all could see if they were cheating. The mob dropped a lot of good loot. They decided this was worth trying to get as much of as they could. Using normal mechanics, they spawned as many DZ's as they could and farmed as much as they could.

Nobody could say this was even a bug at that point, this is a new ruleset where dreamwalker said "Learn." They did what anybody else would do in this case, kill something that drops good loot as much as they can.

If you can actually point to the thing they did that was against a rule, in the pursuit of killing this mob or spawning DZ's, I will reconsider this position. But as of now, nobody has done that. Do I think some of these players, or a guildleader who says "I don't care if I get banned..." would break a rule at some point, sure, they are the crowd that would do it. But did they this time? As far as I can tell, no.
    Stymie likes this.
  12. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice? uh...

Can't get fooled again. heh heh
  13. Gheed Is not reading your response

I find it funny that a literal developer posted on these forums and said the reason for fear minis not dropping loot atm was because they were "mass exploited".

Definitely don't think this is deserving of a ban but you guys claiming "nothing they did was an exploit" are really sad.
  14. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Context man, don't be a heathen. An exploit (noun) is something you can do that you shouldn't be able to do. Exploiting (verb) something is just taking advantage of the existence of something, legit or not.

I'm not making this up, the dictionary said so.
    Nyvlag likes this.
  15. Nyvlag Elder

Found the lawyer.

:D
  16. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

In the alternate reality where I'm an extrovert, yes probably.
  17. Gheed Is not reading your response

l o l
  18. nagash101 Augur

Bring back the PHAT LOOTZ for the filthy casuals.
    Hypatia likes this.
  19. Elabone Augur

They also said that the mail quests were exploited. All people did was run from 1 city to another.
    We asked for loot rules, we were told to "learn". Thats exactly what some people did it seems. I see no issue. We killed CT last night and he dropped 23 items. I think were fine.
  20. Kumiko_Lockjaw Elder

Fully agree