auto afk kick

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Finchy, Jun 5, 2021.

1. Finchy Augur

Can we get this removed yet? No queue since day 3. Would appreciate it.

Thanks.
    Baldur likes this.
  2. Aiona Augur

There's no queue because it is in place. Without it, it would be likely that we would have a queue again that would get worse over time because a lot less players are logging out.

I mean, go ahead and remove it, I don't care that much. But if the queue goes up again, that would suck. :p

I think by the time Luclin or PoP starts, we can do away with it altogether, but we'll see. I'm sure they have their own metrics to figuring it out.
  3. Grecco New Member

Haha Aradune has had the auto afk kick since it’s launch and we are into PoP good luck getting rid of it.
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

That's just nasty.
  5. Rhythar Augur

I think auto afk kick is a good thing. It reduces server loads and it makes big botters easier to spot. It's also pretty forgiving compared to certain other mmorpgs (like WoW).
  6. Elabone Augur

Historically there is precedent for removing it. It started in place on ragefire due to queues, and when lockjaw was opened and the queues stopped, a solid tweet to Holly promptly got it removed.

Also, im not sure how an afk autokick makes bothers easier to spot. Since players taking action on anything would prevent the kick...
  7. Rhythar Augur

The biggest cheating 60-boxers on Aradune all use automation to keep their characters permanently logged in. This makes them easy to identify because you see the same character standing in the same spot all the time, especially during off hours. I wouldn't want afk kick to be removed until the cheating is taken care of. And as for Mischief and Thornblade... I don't know how bad the cheating is there, but I think auto kick will be beneficial for finding botters there too.
  8. Finchy Augur

nah. the server is not populated enough to put a queue in place even if it's removed.
  9. Finchy Augur

sounds like someone forgot to turn it off...it's usually gone by Kunark. You should say something about it.
  10. Finchy Augur

I apologize, but this is incorrect. I wasn't trying to start a discussion here, just wanted to send a note to the devs so they don't forget to remove it, since the server pop is low enough to warrant turning it off.
  11. Happyfeet V91 New Member

So make the autokick an hour or two, not 25-30 min or whatever it is.
  12. Finchy Augur

No... that's pointless.
  13. Happyfeet V91 New Member

It's really not. It's perfectly acceptable to go AFK for 20-30 min while you cook dinner, go for a walk, do some laundry, shower, etc. But if you wanted to keep people from long-term AFKing, an hour would be a better cutoff.
  14. Finchy Augur

what does kicking someone after 1 hour accomplish, if I may ask?
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

I generally have a cigar on my breaks and that takes 45 minutes or so. I camp out to character select but I get kicked and have to log in again. Not exactly a big deal but it's a use case.
  16. Finchy Augur

that use case is in favor of removing the afk kick..lol. I'm genuinely curious as to what scenario would having an afk kick exist once the server pop doesn't reach threshold any longer benefit people.
  17. Finchy Augur

Can we please get this turned off? It no longer serves a purpose on the server. We would appreciate it greatly :)
  18. Rauven Augur

What is the benefit for having it off?
  19. Finchy Augur

Being able to AFK my char in CL tunnels on a second PC while I play my main.
    Being able to sit AFK in a zone FD so I can figure out spawn timers of certain NPCs that may be unidentified on TLPs since their respawn timers are adjusted.
    Being able to go out to dinner or do something with the family, and come back to check my logs for anything I may have missed while I was away.
    Being able to take a break after a 10 hour grind session and watch a movie, but still keep an eye on auctions or guild chat without having to touch the mouse/keyboard every 30-45 minutes.
    Being able to have an AFK mule who takes their time to build us a discord and a website for auctions on the TLP servers until we have a bazaar so people can easily look stuff up and help the economy and those that can't be on 24/7 who doesn't have to setup an automated macro to keep their character online...

I'm sure I can find more...The auto AFK kick timer is ALWAYS dropped from servers. There is no point to keep it on this long, it only exists to help queue timers on server launches.
    ForumBoss likes this.
  20. Accipiter Old Timer

Now you've done it. You've called in the Karens.