Please adjust mob respawn timers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Atomos, Jun 6, 2021.

1. Atomos Augur

Why would I do that? There would be no point. All it would do is upset people who enjoy playing Live. I'm also not sure what the point is of acting like there aren't bots and krono farmers on Live.

Shall I go to the WoW forums and post that Blizzard has lost 11 million monthly active users (public information) in the past 3 years? How do you think they're going to respond?
  2. Arhok House of Embertune

Lol.
    yerm and HoodenShuklak like this.
  3. Captain Video Augur

It's not going to be changed. If it were, they would have done it in one of the previous five TLP cycles where other players have whined about the exact same thing. What they want is to see players spread out and use more zones to level, rather than simultaneously crush the same few hotspots like they've been doing; that's really the whole point of the random loot experiment to begin with. In any case, with Kunark launching in just two weeks, so much of this is moot anyway.
  4. Atomos Augur

If only I could count the number of times a player said something from an online game would never be changed.

If they actually wanted people to spread out, they'd redesign the zones, change the named density in places like LGuk, add or move named into outdoor zones or dungeons that lack them, and use ZEM to lure people into underutilized zones. They've done none of that, so I'm not sure where you got the impression they want people to spread out, especially considering pickzones are a thing.

Edit: Also, Charm and AOE Stun nerf after 22 years say hello.
  5. Captain Video Augur

The things they have done are low-cost, low-impact changes, where a dev can code something in a hour or less and be confident there aren't any major unintended side effects to warrant extensive testing. The things you ask for involve complete zone revamps and would potentially take hundreds if not thousands of development and testing hours, and so aren't going to happen. Charm nerf was undertaken after literally years of player complaints about it, and still not everyone is happy; that doesn't encourage devs to more things like that.

There is only one codebase, shared by TLP and Live. Changes to one affect the other. Much of the DPS imbalance you see on a Classic TLP is due to many years of power creep in the Live game, when nobody thought there would ever be such a thing as a TLP. We have what we have. If you want to play strict Classic rules and balance, go to P99, that's why they exist. Otherwise, each player has to decide whether the current TLP experience suits them. It won't suit everybody.
  6. Atomos Augur

Such as?
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

Miragul.
  8. Atomos Augur

I don't know what you mean. I'm asking what DBG has done in an effort to get us to spread out that is "low-cost and low-impact."

Only thing I've asked for is one of either:
    1. Adjusting Classic respawn timers. It's not even the entirety or even a majority of zones that need it, it's only a few dungeons. Hell it could only be LGuk and it would make enough of a difference.
    or
    2. Lowering the amount of players required to spawn a pick. Again, this is only about a small handful of zones in Classic.

Neither of those things take hundreds or thousands of dev hours and testing.
  9. Captain Video Augur

1. Isn't going to happen because it's a lot of work for devs and Classic doesn't last nearly long enough for your LGuk rampage to matter. You either play the game as it's designed or do something else.

2. Isn't going to happen because the servers can't handle it. You've already been told this several times by players of much higher standing than I am, and you still won't listen.

EQ isn't an action RPG you can power your way through in a few weeks; it's a very very long haul.
  10. Atomos Augur

No one has called EQ an action RPG and wanting to not wait for something to kill for over 10 minutes seems like a very reasonable ask. Especially because I actually know how very little work it requires. From experience.

The servers not being able to handle it is an excuse that every other online game eventually fixes, Everquest shouldn't be any different.

Classic not lasting long enough is a terrible excuse, considering how many people re-enter Classic every single year when a new TLP launches. There is generally months of Classic experienced by thousands of people every year. And that's not enough reason to adjust a few hundred timers in a database?

Lastly, you sure do speak for the devs a lot for someone who... isn't one. If an "it isn't gonna happen" matters from anyone, it ain't you. I will keep advocating for some sort of change until it happens, regardless of how emotional it makes you.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Selo
  12. nagash101 Augur

Double mob HPS, DPS and AC. That will solve the slow spawn timer issue you dislike.
  13. Zapsos Augur

This might be an unpopular take, but I like it when mobs aren't just infinitely plentiful and pullable with an arrow without leaving camp.

It means that being a good puller that knows the area, knows the timing of when to go get more, knows where to get them and how to keep the XP flowing becomes a valuable skill. The difference between a group that just have the tank go find something after the mobs die and bard who knows the zone, and lines them up from half way across the zone is night and day.
  14. Atomos Augur

I'm still not understanding. Selo, Miragul? Are people implying that they are willing to launch entire new servers in order to get people to spread out because it's "low-cost and low-impact" over simply editing the respawn timers in a few zones?

But over time they have added more and more things that increase player DPS. They would need to adjust the stats on the entirety of Classic to make it consistent with everything in Classic, whereas only a few zones actually need their respawn timers adjusted.

Pulling is one of my favorite roles so I know all about it. However, I think needing to pull Live LGuk to Hamlord or FG is a bit much. Especially since the chances of you having to pull through someone else is very high. You train someone else, drama ensues.
  15. Celestian Elder

Who other than forum goers have suggested that the cause/reason?
  16. Brontus EQ Player Activist

Stop making excuses for the devs Mr White Knight. They are adults, they can make their own excuses without you constantly running interference for them.
  17. Captain Video Augur

Wake me up when you get the response you're looking for.
  18. Gheed Is not reading your response

Please make all monsters respawn in 60 seconds I kill too fast. There are also not enough monster spawn points so please double the amount in each zone. Picks take too many people please set the threshold to 5. Monks are too powerful please cut their damage in half. Enchanter too strong please nerf stuns. Also please remove charm pet it make me feel too weak. Classic too boring please make all race/class playable at launch.
  19. Atomos Augur

No one other than a couple players as far as I've seen.

I know you're hungry and I shouldn't feed you, but no one has suggested this. There was a post that had someone saying LGuk was over 40 minute respawn times. That's just silly, and no one can argue against that. All I'm asking is that it be consistent with the rest of Classic or even just the rest of the game, cause this is way out of balance.
  20. Celestian Elder

You post seemed to say that, without any source. Why would you suggest such as thing if you don't actually know its the case?