Hail, Norrathians. I'm your new Community Manager!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Accendo Guest

Greetings, everyone! I’m Accendo, and I’m honored to be your new Community Manager for EverQuest (and EverQuest II). Nothing beats video gaming as one of the best forms of entertainment on the planet, and I’m so stoked to be able to represent you to our company and team, and to represent the tireless developers, designers, engineers, artists, and production staff who spend so much time and passion making this game for you.

I’m pretty much the freshest face around here and I’m still getting the lay of the land, but I’m learning so much more every single day. Bear with me, but I am here to try and carry the same torch dreamweaver carried for you so well. Please, feel free to chime in, share some tips, and ask me questions. You can find me on Discord as well, and I’ll do my best to respond as quickly as possible.
  2. Metanis Bad Company

Welcome! (Hope your brought your asbestos shorts!)
  3. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Hail an well met. Best of luck, and may Tunare have mercy on your soul.
  4. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Welcome!

Friendly advice for the new person: Respond often, post informatively, assume we need more information always. Beyond that, patience, you're going to need mountains of patience to deal with this crowd. Feel free to provide us that patience at whatever expense the EQ2 crowd has to pay for it. ;)
    Tsunae, J'bone, Elyssanda and 8 others like this.
  5. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Welcome Accendo!

You are in a great community.

Most players on EQ1 are over the age of 18. Therefore, you can hold everyone to higher standards and the community can be self-governing for the most part.

I think Dreamweaver found the formula to success: ask people to use Ignore (if exchanges spiral out of control) instead of invoking forum bans or suspensions.
    Tsunae, J'bone, Jyve and 4 others like this.
  6. Accendo Guest

Much appreciated, Niskin!
    Nennius likes this.
  7. Accendo Guest

Funny enough, my roots in Community Management grew from being a forum moderator and heavy-handed was my old way of dealing with issues/complaints. I've aged (just a wee bit) since then and want to get to know all of you first. I have no intention of being too ban-y or too suspend-y for a long while. :)
  8. Tour Augur

Welcome!
    Accendo likes this.
  9. minimind The Village Idiot

Pro-Tip: Everyone on the forums appreciates facts and insight. The more you can provide, the happier people tend to be. Of course, there's always the X% who refuse to be placated until EQ is fully remade in the image they have in their minds, but there's not much you can do with those.
  10. Metanis Bad Company

But the image in my mind is like really cool man!
  11. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Thank you! We look forward to it.

And don't get me wrong suspensions and bans can be necessary. I think Dreamweaver limited it to folks spreading false and malicious information (despite warnings), trolling (new accounts), and bullying. He came out unscathed (relatively little to no outcry), otherwise.

Enough tips. Have a great day!
  12. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Some people are saying that you are in fact the dev in the pocket of a prominent TLP guild, Mr. Accendo.

/Ducks and runs
  13. THISISHEKK Journeyman

when's next tlp?
  14. Nennius Curmudgeon

Welcome!! As others have implied. Dreamweaver helped raise the level of communication on these boards. I hope, and feel confident, that that trend will continue. Thank you and apologies if I sometime get a little flippant. Just send me a warning and I will try to do better. :)

P.S. The word Accendo is Latin of course and means:

"I am brilliant, glittering or illuminated; I shine, glitter, glisten; gleam white; I glow (with heat), I am glowing hot, I am hot"

There has to be some story to this.
  15. Thunderkiks Augur

Welcome to the team, glad to have you!
    Skuz and Accendo like this.
  16. RPoo Augur

Welcome!
    Accendo likes this.
  17. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Do you have a cat?
    -----Cinexa----- likes this.
  18. Accendo Guest

I can neither confirm or deny despite there being no truth to this whatsoever.
    Madeni likes this.
  19. Accendo Guest

Don't hate me: yes. And she's begging for tummy scratches right now. AFK BRB!
  20. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

[IMG]
    Stymie, sojero and niente like this.