Test Update 06/08/2021 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jun 8, 2021.

1. strongbus Augur

I test copied a toon with over 4009 k int combined of reg/hint there was no difference I saw in total mana of the the toon. which if it was total int and not just hint i would expect my total mana to be lower as i get less mana per int over 4k. So guessing it just the hstats total only
    Diminisher and klanderso like this.
  2. klanderso Developer

Correct, the changes only apply to heroic stats, not regular stats.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Diminisher like this.
  3. strongbus Augur

so am I right to guess this is so in future exp you guys don't want people just going after 1 main stat but want people to start going after others as well?
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I could be wrong but I thought that they had a hard cap of 4000 prior to this patch so this change is just setting it up for the future when players can break 4000 on a heroic stat.
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Zansobar Augur

It's been game breaking since day 1.
  6. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

This was my initial thought as well. If the mod2's are all maxed at 4000, there already was going to be "diminishing returns" on Heroics.
  7. Angahran Augur

it's so in the next expansion they can add a 'new' feature of 'Super Heroic Stats' and everyone can be excited :p
    Shardin and Svann2 like this.
  8. Rodee New Member

Does this mean they are removing Agents of Change from the server or will they remain?
  9. Velisaris_MS Augur

We laugh because it's funny.
    We laugh because it's probably true.
    Angahran and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  10. Beimeith Lord of the Game

The "4,000 cap" was only for the old "mod2" portion of heroic stats: e.g. shielding/avoidance/etc.

I assume the diminishing returns being talked about here refer to the "normal" heroic stat portion: e.g. 25 points of Hagi = 1% dodge and 25 heroic int = 1 mana regen.

What this doesn't solve as far as I can tell, are melee having 100% crit rate from dex because the crit comes from regular dex, which they get from heroic dex too, but not specifically because of heroic dex.
    Wulfhere likes this.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

They will be removed.
  12. Keenween Elder

** Spells ***

- Hate over time spells no longer apply hate to players after death or evac as long as you don't respawn in the same zone or evac in under 6 seconds.
    - Corrected an issue where certain types of healing and damage spells would display focus effect messages even if the Focus Effect filter was turned off.
    - Beastlord - The Trushar's Mending line of healing spells will now heal your target if it is an ally, or your target's target if it is cast on a foe.
    - Ranger - The Sylvan Light and Desperate Deluge lines of healing spells will now heal your target if it is an ally, or your target's target if they are cast on a foe.
    - Paladin - The Burst of Sunlight, Light of Life/Gleaming Light, and Ethereal Cleansing lines of healing spells will now heal your target if it is an ally, or your target's target if they are cast on a foe.

yeah, veryyyyyy nice :)
  13. Balthozzar Elder

Headshot specifically states that it works on humanoid NPCs only. Wyverns aren't humanoid. It was undoubtedly an error that it ever worked on them.
  14. Daredilly Master

Wyverns as well as some Drakes have had HS in other expansions; albeit not consistently. That said, we are almost 7 months into this expansion and this "error" could have been addressed a long time ago. Add to this the numerous humanoid NPCs, in the last few expansions, that were not HS mobs and logic, consistency and expectations are hard to come by. Having Rats in GMM as HS mobs but not Orcs in GMM is just one such interesting example, lol.
  15. Balthozzar Elder

That's certainly a good point. The lack of consistency and seeming poor quality control on stuff like this is affecting my ability to enjoy the game as well. If people have been reporting things like what you said about GMM mobs and HS for a while now, then it does seem like they'd want to fix all of the known cases of that at once, while it was on someone's mind, rather than just a single instance of it.
  16. Poyzen Frawg Augur

Agree. They need to put a Band-Aid on that.
  17. Poyzen Frawg Augur

I don't remember if Wyverns could be head shot in other zones or expansions. If they cant, then this is just an exploit fix. I assume this is also connected to assassinate.
  18. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Imho, anything with a head should be head-shotable, and anything with feet(aka non-flying mobs) should be root-able and snare-able. :p

And only caster-mobs should summon!

is there some exploit related to this?
    Have people scripted "create char, sell to merchant, put money in shared bank, delete char"-repeat!
    Or something? :confused:
    Yinla likes this.
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Probably just creating multiple new characters then trading the food & drink to their main, obvious exploit when you think about it on a free trade server.
  20. Jumbur Improved Familiar

An 8-slot bag is around 8 gold(iirc), and food/drink is quite cheap, is it really worth the effort to exploit like that? :confused:
    I would think it would be faster to just kill the nearest decayed skeletons with weapons and sell them...
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.