What is the point of this

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Flatchy, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I think that part was a mistaken understanding of the purpose of Lore-Equip.

I believe it was actually added due to the way the Luck stat is increased on items using the combination of other items with the same name with it.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

That is a very sensible idea.
  3. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/wtb-type-18-augs.254948/#post-3754393

Just finding it funny that this is still being discussed 2 years later ;) I haven't played since about then, but my 2cp: Absurdly complex and partially hidden systems (like loot) are part of what makes EQ "special", love it or hate it.
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Flatchy Court Jester

Basically its my fault. I have played steadily through since 2004 and have never taken a break. Used to play 8 hours a day but am not down to probably 8 a week. I have NEVER ran into this problem and if you knew me ( and old sk's here prolly do just because of the stupid name) you would know I am just as much an ac aug as the rest. Chased augs since it was a thing and have never had this problem. That is why I am late to the discussion.

Stay tuned for my next great thread on "Gee whats this playing in third person, all about"!
    NameAlreadyInUse, Tatanka and Skuz like this.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Great post Flatchy! We all, even 20+ year vets, have certain small details or areas of the game which we've never had to deal with, and surprise people that we don't already know about it.

After that next post you mentioned, I'll make my post, "What's first person view?" ;)
    Flatchy likes this.
  6. Flatchy Court Jester

I will be honest I never used to read this forum. I only read the SK web pages and got my information from there. So I am pretty new around here. I do not mind being called on my BS , its one of the best ways I learn.
    Tatanka likes this.
  7. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

I had a different problem this morning. I was going back and doing a Smoke trial, and got a Blue Sky. I thought, great. My warrior might need this aug, and if he already has it, it won't let me loot it. Ah, you are thinking, you ran into the same problem as the OP here. Nope. I looted it fine. But I DID have it already. It is Lore Equip as well as part of a Lore Group. But it is also No Trade. Meaning, I looted it when my ranger could have used it, but now it is wasted because I already had it.

My opinion is that it is confusing to make something No Trade also Lore Equip. While I think I understand that making it Lore Equip allows one character to loot multiple different augs that are part of the same lore group and then be able to switch between them whenever they want, the side effect of this is the game allowing you to loot multiple copies of the same item. But that then wastes the extra copy.
  8. Svann2 The Magnificent

They could have given a popup explaining why and which aug was the conflict. Or they could have made it lore-equipped so you could loot it and then figure out which one you wanted to keep.
  9. Black New Member

No flames, I did the same thing with a TOV augment. Wanted it, did the mission that dropped it. Finally, after some stupid amount of time, it dropped and I couldn't loot it. I went through a ridiculous amount of gymnastics trying to figure it out. Couldn't. Gave the aug to someone else. Later ..., yeah I learned the bitter lore aug lesson.
    Flatchy likes this.