Why does my commons mule always enter in a pick and not main?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MMOer, Jun 4, 2021.

1. MMOer Augur

With my cooldown timer popped...

why does this happen? How do I stop this madness?
  2. TheDohn Augur

Because you're level 1. Level to 2 and you'll autopop to the main pick.
  3. MMOer Augur

Sometimes... you ask a question.. and do not expect much.. and a hero comes along.
  4. Appren Gnomercy

Oh man, that one level is the best investment EVER! Thanks!
  5. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I totally thought he was trolling you with that response, so now I'm curious. Do we know why it works this way?
  6. TheGoblin Elder

I think it's because new players are level 1 and need the mobs. If it's a pick, there should be mobs avail compared to a larger population. Just like in Gfay and other zones - level 1's always start/spawn in picks instead of the main..
    Niskin likes this.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Wish ocean of tears worked this way, everytime I zone in it puts me in the main and not in the pick. :rolleyes:
  8. TheDohn Augur

It's part of the server launch balancing code. Level 1s always default to the lowest pop pick, so we don't have a whole server of level 1s popping to the base pick of 5 zones.
  9. FinalTidus23 Lorekeeper

Yeah it's just another example of people being able to write a code but not being able to fathom how that plays out with real living things like people.

What's interesting is we actually DO want all lvl 1s coming into the base pick of a zone because the majority of the time people are doing this is for their mules in commonlands. Only at server launch does this have a shred of any common sense. It might also have some reasoning regarding another marvelous "code" they have inappropriately injected somewhere.

To avoid their collateral damage I suggest leveling to 2.
    Brontus likes this.
  10. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

You heard it here folks, they shouldn't push newbies to fresh picks when a TLP launches because somebody might make a commons mule and be forced to grind to level 2 to avoid this terrible mechanic... :rolleyes:
    Appren likes this.
  11. Brontus EQ Player Activist

Why can't they simply disable this rule for the Commonlands zone? This happens to my CL mule every time as well. I have to waste 5 minutes so I can use the /pick command.
    FinalTidus23 likes this.
  12. TheDohn Augur

Level
    Up
    To
    Two.
  13. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

It takes about 15-20 minutes to level to 2, so if you've wasted 5 minutes more than 3 times or so, you may wanna just bite the bullet and consider leveling up to 2!
    Appren likes this.
  14. TLP Addict Augur

I would just run out to NRo turn around and come back and 90% of the time I would be put in main....until I discovered the joys of leveling to 2.
  15. nagash101 Augur

try not being level 1
  16. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Mule = DE = Spend PP on wine instant level 2 quickly
  17. Appren Gnomercy

But then I can't whine on the forums!
  18. TheDohn Augur

Evidence to the contrary.
  19. Appren Gnomercy

My mule was level 2 approximately 13 minutes after first reading this post, never regretted killing all those freeport rats :)
  20. Imdead Augur

If you're lazy like me you can also just zone into Nro and zone back into Commons. Since your pick timer will be on cooldown it'll automatically put you in base pick.