TLP Woes

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Shaeli, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Shaeli Journeyman

Hi folks,
    Started on Thornblade to try the new server ruleset, but I seem to keep falling into the same problems I've had since Mangler started.
    I have a strange IRL schedule involving my work, which 3 out of my 5 days are very early morning shifts, which leaves me unable to raid most evenings EST. I've been unable to find a good guild to accommodate this timeframe and I'm not quite sure what to do about it.

I do not box, which seems like an issue these days? I basically can't afford to do so and I'm stumped on how to even continue on such servers or where to go.
    I have a rogue on mangler, a ranger on Aradune and I've made a SK to 22 on Thornblade. Not that I mean to whine/complain, but I'm quite stuck and I'm not sure if I should look to play elsewhere.
  2. sazz New Member

Why are you worried about raiding at only level 22?

Play the game... enjoy it, level.. have fun..

If you make it to max level, then worry about, and the raid scene when you do hit max level may be very different then it is now
  3. Zansobar Augur

Join a guild that doesn't have required raid attendance. Raid when you can. Some guilds also raid at least one day on weekends.
  4. Fallfyres Augur

Saw in Guild Recruitment yesterday here on the forums one of the guilds is running some Daytime hour raiding..think it was listed as Central Standard time, however check it out as the hours may equate to a schedule that works for you! Think it was listed on the Mischief server. Not many posts there yet for guilds, so you should be able to find it. Hope you have fun in Norrath!!
  5. Inictus Elder

Or... Always play one character in one timeframe and join a guild that raids in that timeframe, and always play a different character in a different time frame and join a different guild that raids in that timeframe.
  6. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

Have you claimed bags on Thornblade? Is there any compelling reason for you to stay there? If no to both those questions, maybe check out some of the guilds on Mischief. And even if you have claimed bags, if you decide you want to play there, file a petition to move your character/bags. One thing to consider is that before the servers launched, there was a growing effort to consolidate as many Oceania players as possible on Thornblade. There is at least one guild made up of those folks. Maybe see if their schedule works better for you. Good luck!
  7. Shaeli Journeyman

I'm not Oceania, I'm a EST player with odd hours. I did claim the first pack on Thornblade.

Those guilds seem like a diamond in the rough for me. I always feel pressured to raid anyways despite attendance. I've also been very picky which guild does this, as some in the past have had less then good players in them or due to personal views of my own, not entirely liking the "feel" of said guilds.
    Many have promised aid and help and have constantly dropped the ball even with my own efforts to just try.
    Maybe I'm just too burned :(
  8. Machen New Member

I'd suggest a euro guild if you are free during those hours, or a batphone guild that raids around the clock and you can hop in on raids at your own convenience.

The old adage, "Beggars can't be choosers" probably applies as well. It sounds like you are looking for the perfect guild with skilled players that raids exactly when you'd like, and will drop everything to provide you the help you think you deserve. You aren't going to find that. That guild doesn't exist. If you are joining a bunch of guilds that "constantly drop the ball" in providing you the aid and help they "promised", you are probably asking too much. Guilds work when members come with the attitude, "what can I contribute?" Guilds don't work when everyone comes with the attitude, "How can you all help me?" Anyone who joins my guild and immediately starts asking for help with x, y and z, well, ... They probably aren't going to be here long.
  9. Shaeli Journeyman

I'm looking for a guild that won't have a stick up their butt when I can't make a raid day or two. Or one that has to understand that my job and RL take priority over an elf-simulator.
    RL hasn't been very kind and has its own difficulties for me atm, I just don't feel like doing anything sometimes when it strikes me <.<
    I'm not begging, I'm not asking for a handout. I just like having my time to play this old game have something done while I'm on, not trying to stand around lfg for hours and hours.
    Why I have to defend myself when looking for just some advice/what others might leave as opinions I'm not quite sure.
  10. Trey Elder

Hang in there man! But, maybe not the best idea to play on Thornblade. Virtually everyone is struggling to find pick-up groups. There's a population issue on this server that isn't likely to get better...but, if you stick with it you'll climb eventually.
  11. Machen New Member

There's not a top guild on any TLP that will kick you for missing a raid day or two due to RL commitments.

I've played in the top guild on 5? different TLP's, and none of them required the attendance you seem to think they require.
  12. Machen New Member

And, fwiw, I'm not attacking you. I'm giving you advice. Lower your expectations.
  13. Xeris Augur

You could just play on Agnarr. The Remedy is an EU based guild that raids during daytime EST during the week. No required attendance, casual group of friendly people.

Agnarr is a chill server full of casuals that just enjoy the game. I think you'll have a better time there than a currently new TLP where a lot of people are hardcore and grinding all the time