Inspect window auto-closes?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Tiltowait1, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Tiltowait1 New Member

How to keep it open? Doing the tutorial on augments. RMB HOLD opens the window but whether it insta-closes when you let go.

I've tried double clicking, holding for 30 seconds, restarting...I didn't see anything in options but I could have missed it.

Thanks!
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

It could be due to the tutorial, that zone has the most spaztic reactions from the pop up screens in the whole game.

Hold down and right click will open my armor screen or what ever I am looking at.

But once in that screen if I want to see the aug that is in that armor then I left click and it holds the aug window open

Hope this helps.
  3. OldRodKS Elder

I have no idea if this is the same thing you're looking at, but if I right click and hold, then drag the mouse over to the inspection window (still holding RMB), it will stay open for me
  4. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Using a custom UI? If so, delete equi_itemdisplay from your UI folder, then repatch to use the default element for that portion of the UI.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I think you don't even have to drag it over to the inspection window. You just have to drag the mouse pointer a short distance, while holding the RMB.
  6. Annastasya Augur

i want to say holding the Alt button while right clicking will freeze the window. But it might be shift or control. A good rule of thumb for experimenting with Everquest's incredibly complex command system is to try holding SHIFT or CONTROL or ALT when clicking stuff and see what happens :)
    Rondor likes this.
  7. Rondor Augur

ALT and left-click will open the item inspection window immediately after the click and it will stay open until closed. You can hit ESC to quickly close it (or whatever other window is main focus) or click the X in the upper-right corner (if using default UI).

If you want to inspect a whole bunch of items quickly one after another, keep the ALT key pressed down and left-click with the mouse on various items.
    Niskin and Velisaris_MS like this.