Defenders of the tomb reset

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Vumad, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Vumad Cape Wearer

Raid version...

Technically not a bug but working like a bug. Please extend the reset timer on unaggro'ed drakes. It is way to short. Needs to be longer like ToFS. It's working like ToFS does where no mobs up and the timer starts but the timer is not long enough and the event can reset while there is nothing to fight. Seems like a potential work around is to keep 1 of the drakes on the last wave mezed.
    Stymie and Metanis like this.
  2. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Pro tip: Keep a drake alive long enough before the next wave spawns (same time interval every time).

Works every single time.

We've had resets before because people are stupid ... but it's because people are stupid, not any raid mechanic.

Personal motto: never mess with a raid mechanic that works and is consistent. ToFS 1 is a great example of just ruining a raid by too much tweaking.
    Duder likes this.
  3. Vumad Cape Wearer

Like I said, mez'ing a mob work. Still though, having the event reset the way it does presently seems to be something that is not working as intended. Maybe the devs intended for the reset timer to be shorter than the respawn timer, but I doubt that, which is why I posted. It doesn't need to be removed but the reset timer should be longer than the respawn timer.

I understand what you are saying about TOFS, but the thing is, it had this mechanic, and of all the things they adjusted, they didn't fix the reset part. So I agree with you on the not tweaking too much. Nothing about Defenders needs to be adjusted otherwise.
  4. illithid mind flayer New Member

This has not been fixed, it just occurred to my guild tonight.
  5. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

weird! we havent bothered keeping a drake alive since they made the change and haven't had it reset yet. Sorry that happened to you guys!
  6. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

We've done it once after patch and blew through the first two waves and didn't get a reset.

Perhaps you can say how long your gap was and when exactly did it reset. Not fixed doesn't really give them much more to go on.
    Fenthen likes this.
  7. Fenthen aka Rath

Same with my experience in multiple guilds / alt raids etc. We melt those first 2 waves and have time to take a nap before the next one, no reset now.