Picking a server: is this an accurate description of each server type?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Elfminster, Jun 2, 2021.

1. Elfminster Journeyman

Test: Poor people
    FV: Rich people
    TLP: Nostalgic people
    Regular server: People with friends
    code-zero and Nennius like this.
  2. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

That... well honestly that's fairly accurate. No need to be rich to play on FV really, but it can help! Can also get caught up to current level on a standard server without friends if you can join a guild committed to helping you get there, or box your way there.
    Nennius likes this.
  3. Elfminster Journeyman

I played on FV for a few hours before I realised it's a pay to win server so I stopped playing on it because what's the point of playing on it if everything can be purchased with a credit card?

I like the idea of NO DROP being removed but only if items are purchased by collecting PP manually in-game not with credit cards.

I think out of all the servers it's Test which is the least pay to win.

Edit: Come to think of it, with FV and /testcopy the TLP is the least pay to win server which makes sense because nostalgic players are generally against pay to win.
  4. Ted the Mechanic Journeyman

That is some LeOParDs Ate my FacE right there
  5. kookoo Augur

pay to win server? you can play there exactly like you play on other servers ( except it is 50 % faster ), and FV for rich people? i see that it could be for poor or rich players, since you can sell most things to do some profits where at other servers they are no trade , in FV you can sell maybe enough to be able to buy a krono here and there , who take longer when most items are no trade.
  6. Zarkdon Augur

FV isn't anymore pay to win than any other server. Platinum has always been available for purchase, long before Krono.

However, the opportunities for normal people to strike it rich on FV are higher since all items are tradeable.
  7. Stymie Pendragon

It's possible to have infinite platinum on Test. You just keep handing over your stash to alts, test copy them, put the money in the shared bank space, and repeat. It has no value there. Test does not equal poor people, it's quite the opposite.
  8. Elskidor Augur

Played with 2 friends on FV a couple years back, mostly just group stuff and we all had different experiences. One bought Kronos like every other day it seemed, the other stayed broke. I played the market and had the most plat by far. People waste a lot of platinum on some really dumb crap, IMO, but I still have quite a lot of platinum I should probably turn into krono at some point. When I return to live FV will be my home again. I love free trade, high population and xp bonuses so it's an easy choice.
  9. SleezerGeezer Elder

Test: Poor people
    FV: Rich people
    TLP: Nostalgic people
    Regular server: People who play free accounts ###

### Or people who like to use free accounts along with their paid account.