Please Bring Back Exp Bouns on Mischief

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Questioneer, Jun 2, 2021.

1. Nyvlag Elder

I'm 100% sure some minority of people would complain about this for a dozen reasons... but honestly it would be mega hype.

Why limit to just exp, also?

Maybe Tuesday we snag +50% rares. Maybe next Friday we snag +50% exp. Maybe 3 Sundays from now we snag +25% exp. Maybe on Kunark launch day we snag -50% exp penalty. :evil_grin:

(Edit: I know somewhere you guys said that setting bonuses on individual servers was impossible... but I'm saying this full well knowing you also said pick zones were impossible at one time. Instanced raiding was impossible. FV server rules was impossible. I realize some of those were technical challenges and some were CX challenges, but I'm saying that you pretty consistently decide things aren't impossible when they are desired.)
  2. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

If this was Selo unlock speed I'd agree we need faster exp, but this launch is unique in cadence so we'll find out if the rate is good or not as we go. Yes, people hit 50 in the first weekend, that will always happen, look at Coirnav, those rates were brutal and it still happened.

We have one month of classic, two months of Kunark, two months of Velious, and two months of Luclin to hit level 60. That's 7 months to do the longest part of the level grind. Even the most casual player should be able to handle that. I say that as a very casual player, who expects to pull it off. Maybe not with as many AA's as others, but I expect to be 60 when PoP hits.
  3. Vaile Journeyman

Each day roll a d20, on 4, 9, 14, or 19, increased rare/named spawn rate. On a roll of 6, 12, or 18, 25%xp boost. On a roll of 20, critical roll for 50% dp bonus!
  4. Kylo Classic Augur

So with bonus xp from a potion, the xp seemed right, but having a permanent bonus is wrong. You just want to pay2win.
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

Eq is pay to win. You either pay with money or pay with your relationships. But there is no free lunch!
  6. Nyvlag Elder

[IMG]
    Skuz likes this.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Are you saying that the xp rate is fine when you use xp pots? That really isn't a honest test of xp rates to say it is okay if you pay to increase it.

I am not saying that it needs to be adjusted but you shouldn't be using a boosted xp rate and a full group bonus to say it is okay.
  8. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

It's ok for me. And I'm not testing anything, or making recommendations. I simply gave my opinion, for myself.
  9. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Where the actual hell are you getting me saying a permanent xp bonus is wrong? I just gave my opinion on the non-bonus rate, when using an xp potion. And since I am paying for my subscription, yeah I guess you could say I am p2w.
  10. Gheed Is not reading your response

Stop it. Mischief is absolutely perfect the way it is. If you continue to post things that you want changed I will be forced to get very upset
  11. Stymie Pendragon

Haha! Wait, are you serious? Hahaha!
  12. Nyvlag Elder

Gheed's just mad people disagree with his expert opinions.
    Stymie likes this.
  13. Gheed Is not reading your response

I mean it. You better stop trying to get anything changed on this server
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

An opinion based on paying for extra xp which could be said to be the same as having the xp bonus that we had over the weekend. The problem with your statement is you said it was fine with a paid xp bonus when someone was asking about the free xp bonus that we just had. Seems a bit hypocritical to be comparing xp with a holiday bonus to xp with an xp pot and saying the rate without the bonus is fine.
  15. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Not sure why your knickers are in a bunch. I didn't "pay extra" for xp potions, they came with the bags. And, just to be absolutely perfectly clear, I have been playing all evening long, no xp potions going, and the pace works just fine.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Sure you did, just because you bought the bags and got them as "extra" doesn't mean you didn't pay real money for them. Though I really don't care if people pay for xp pots but trying to claim that xp is fine while you are using them and they are a paid item is being honest. If you want to talk about xp rate and if it is okay or not you should be talking about the base xp rate not a boosted xp rate from a temporary item.
  17. Questioneer New Member

Meh I played 6 hours straight yesterday in Unrest Basement and went from level 22-25. No wipes, had the camp locked down, killed non-stop except for waiting on respawns.

6 hours for 3 levels... in my 20's...

From a UX perspective (User Experience) there's multiple problems with this:

1. It's boring. Sitting at the same place for 5+ hours gets boring and old. It makes the UX stale. After I spend 5-6 hours somewhere I'm bored of that place and its not really fun anymore, it's a "Grind". Games should be fun. But we're all used to the grind so we endure.... I want to go somewhere else, and enjoy something else, that's all. But people dont flock anywhere else, they stay in the same zone, so that's where the groups are... They stay there because it shortens the grind.
    2. If I want to reach max level, I have to do this everyday for a month and a half... Which means I'm obligated to only play this one game for 1 1/2 months and not do anything else with my free time. No family time, no friends time, no outside time, no other games, only EQ; unless I want to make that 1 1/2 Months a 2-3 months. Bro after 2-3 months on a character I don't even want to experience the end game , I'm done at that point. Zero interest in raiding, zero interest in starting a new character/3 month investment. Doneeee...
    I get that DBG is trying to make money off of potions but damn dude... Sell bags, sell picks, sell cosmetics, etc. Dont the exp just to make money off of selling the exp boost... that's dirty.

Put the exp boost back on so people can play this game without getting burned out and so that people can play multiple characters without looking at a 3 month time sink... And stop limiting that 40 slot bag to 1 per server. You'd make a ton of $.

Games are for fun. EQ is fun. The unnecessary time sink isn't fun. Monotonous grinding in any game, isn't fun. Even in games like BDO where the combat is really exciting, the monotonous grinding gets old af.

You guys had a perfect experience boost modifier going. It was the first time I've ever seen perfect exp in this game. Now I'm looking at my character and I'm like "damn do I really wanna spend all that time doing this monotony?".

It was soo good before. Now I'm bummed.
  18. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

What level are most of the mobs down there? That sounds slow for a full group killing as constantly as possible. Were there limited mobs, so long waits for respawns? Something is missing from the picture that explains your experience.

It took me just over two hours to go from 12 to 13 yesterday, but that was a duo, in East Karana, dodging reds to take down blues and some white/yellows. If I had been in a full group in Gorge of King Xorbb right nearby, I would have leveled much faster, and only been killing mobs a couple levels higher across the board.
  19. Aiona Augur

What are you doing that it's taking you 2-3 months to level up?

2 to 3 weeks at most to reach max.

Even without the XP bonus, the amount is just fine as evident by many UX reports from Mangler.

Edit: to sounds less snooty, lol
  20. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Not all of us need to chase the fastest to 50 race, but we can't ignore the results of that race. Now some of these early 50's got help from outside their group, so things like 28.5 hours to 50 aren't going to be achievable by any group of 6 alone. But my understanding is that one early group did it in 43 hours with two 4-hour naps in there. That's starting Wednesday afternoon and finishing early Friday, so a little bit of bonus exp was mixed in as far as I know. (this info is second hand, but I trust the source, and I may have some details wrong)

All that does is tell us what is possible, and again we aren't all going to have perfect static groups and major time commitments available. But it means that more than one level per hour is possible if you have the right team and the right mobs to fight. At the very least it tells us that the basement of Unrest may not provide enough mobs to keep a level 22-25 group busy or leveling as fast as it could.

That's ok, some people want to level fast, others want a good group, or a shot at loot. Do what you want to do, have fun with it. If exp is slow, look for a better option if that is important to you.