Livestreaming Gameplay

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Terminat, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Tegila Augur

sounds like its a bug with their hack detections then if programs that have always been fine are now being erroneously tagged. bring this up directly to a dev/programmer or wahtever and note that many are having this issue. to start, id send a PM to Piestry sicne its his job to smoothe over bad PR with the players
  2. FcsevenXIII Augur

Has anyone had their account suspended because of a Youtube channel yet?
  3. frbrfslbf New Member

My spare account... *BAM*... banned for streaming!

As luck has it, I pretty much only used that account for extra mercenary and in this case, "Tag-along camera" so it wasn't a catastrophy, but it was pretty upsetting to get permanently banned for playing around with streaming. Not posting from that account either as I don't want Sony to track me down and ban that too.
  4. Piestro Augur

It isn't. No one has been suspended for livestreaming/recording.
    Voodoman likes this.
  5. Piestro Augur

Nope, not even when they post about moderation on their youtube channel. ;)
    Lighteningrod likes this.
  6. THOR New Member

At least 4 people here posted it has, and i know a few that hasn't, just looking the other way isn't going fix the problem. I known these guildies for a long time and known them in real life too, they are honest people and got suspended / banned from livestreaming why playing everquest. The problem is that SoE either by error or purpose some gm or program is handing out bans / suspensions to people that are just live streaming. It appears to been around past few weeks ago according to the posts when stuff started going wrong, Just look into it and resolve this issue please.
  7. THOR New Member

Not that i have heard of, everyone seemed to be live streaming. Youtube is non live recordings, seems to be Twitch livestreamers.
  8. Liliana Augur

Streaming has nothing to do with the eq client, therefore would never trigger a suspension/ban.
  9. FcsevenXIII Augur

LOL that's officially awesome.
  10. The Drood Elder

Some streaming programs like xsplit opens up the program to get the sharpest quality. So yes it is associated with the eq client.
    Liliana likes this.
  11. Liliana Augur

Apparently I should look into some new streaming services then, I'm living in the stone age
  12. Piestro Augur

They are incorrect if they believe they are banned or suspended for streaming. If this has been communicated to them please have them contact me. Streaming is something we support, wholeheartedly.
    Voodoman and BlankStare_001 like this.
  13. handsofice New Member

When I recently changed from fraps to xsplit and got hit with the ban hammer, most be because it opens the program up. like it has been talked about already. But the issue is why are we being targeted? we are gamers that just want to enjoy the game getting treated like traitors? SoE already receives money out our rear ends, why the continued oppression. We are paying for a service, and just want to play the game not be rob blindly by getting a ridicules ban, over something that shouldn't effect the game, in fact makes it a little more laggy for myself. I been streaming for years, now i upgraded to a higher end streaming source xsplit I get banned, this is just immoral!
  14. inb4trolls New Member

you must have been pooping and playing like me. sorry bro
  15. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

I knew that there was more to it and the reason I knew is before I started posting our raid videos on the forum I talked to Brasse and briefly with Piestro to see the best way to go about it and not only did Brasse have some helpful tips, she was very friendly and encouraged me to use EQ music so that SOE could promote the videos as well.

I never meant to imply that the people who got suspended were lying about why, just that they were incorrect, there had to be some other reason why and it seems to be xsplit. I do think SOE should unban them and then come up with a way for xsplit to work as it doesn't seem to be a hacking program just a way to stream and make it as awesome as possible. I bet some people that see these videos will come try EQ or come back to EQ, so it's free marketing in a way
    Zortex likes this.
  16. Zortex Journeyman

I totally agree, its xsplit that is causing this issue.
  17. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

I use Fraps and I don't stream, I just record and then post to our youtube channel. I could stream as well but the idea never occurred to me. I'm going to use a 2nd account to record tonight and have it stationary and in a zoomed out view and see how that goes.
  18. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

googling 'xsplit punkbuster', 'xsplit anticheat' etc. comes up with a lot of relevant results, looks like it triggers a lot of cheat detectors.
    Zortex and handsofice like this.
  19. handsofice New Member

Yeah, it seems to be causing a odd black flag through the gaming community.
  20. Zortex Journeyman