Farming golems in Fear for Dragon and God loot.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TheGoblin, Jun 1, 2021.

1. TheGoblin Elder

Faceless X In Virtue and Cowboys and Camels have both been farming golems is Fear to get literally hundreds of drops. Since the don’t have the MotM designation, they are able to spawn in picks. You just need around 70 people to spawn a pick over and over. Then when killed, they each drop between 3-15 Inny/Ct/Yeal/Vox/Nagafen drops.

Should this be looked at? I’m not sure if this is a bug or a feature, though.
  2. a_librarian Augur

their hotfix to the golems didn't propagate to new picks eh? badass
  3. Tweakfour17 Augur

Every expansion there is going to be 1 raid that is super easy that guilds will farm to get as much loot as possible, that being said I'm surprised the golems spawn in picks and don't have MOTM, if its been that way since Phinny it seems like it may have been an oversight that never really came to light since there was no real reason to farm them nonstop like there is now. I bet DBG will give them MOTM and stop them from spawning in picks and the usual crowd will be mad about it similar to the mail quest nerf "why change it now, its been like this for years!".
  4. Pixelplx Journeyman

its a random loot server, who cares. Look at the markets tons of items, most of the server has played multi tlps, have fun
  5. Relentless Insomnia

<Cowboys and Camels> has only killed 4 Golems in fear picks over 5 days. Which is less Golems in fear picks than we killed on every other server by this point in picks. We don't need the epic items and farming them over and over was not "fun" to anyone involved so its not being exploited int he least on Thornblade.

I do feel like it should be fixed however, and Hate Minis and Golems should share the same loot tables instead of god/dragon loot tables. As it is now the hate minis random loot has been reverted and they no longer have random loot only their own again.
  6. plowers Journeyman

A last a server with high moral standards where everyone will face less difficulty and competition. Where loot will be dirt cheap for all to aquire
    BUNGBUNGBUNG likes this.
  7. a_librarian Augur

Sorry everyone in the thread, if you aren't exploiting this now you will not benefit from it. It's clear as day not the devs intent that raid trash drops premium raid boss loot. They made that clear when they hotfixed the golems in an instant the first time. It sounds like their fix failed and now people have a larger window to exploit that fact. Exploit early, exploit often as it goes.
  8. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Wouldn't anyone who wants to purchase this loot also benefit from the inevitably cheaper prices from a massively increased supply of items? Something about economics or something, idk I'm not smart.
    BUNGBUNGBUNG likes this.
  9. a_librarian Augur

if there's a monopoly on knowledge of the exploit, then those people have to be stupid enough to crash their own market. I doubt a small group mass farming these items for a short time before it's fixed again will change the price significantly, unless you get a truly stupid amount of loot per pick clear
  10. Gnothappening Augur

That has always been the way. Hence pre-nerf items.
  11. IlllIllIllIlll Journeyman

When everyone's super, nobody will be.
  12. samenye Lorekeeper

Apart from Bicycle Repair Man
  13. HoodenShuklak Augur

It's almost like when the devs said "learn" the games new mechanics that people are going out there and testing things, learning things as it were.
    Lanffear and BUNGBUNGBUNG like this.
  14. BUNGBUNGBUNG New Member

Let the loot rain! Every single person I have talked to on these servers is absolutely loving it! Even the people I am doing business with in EC, comments are often exchanged at the end of a transaction how great this server is. What else would you expect from mischievous servers?
  15. YourJobNotYourLife Elder

A spite golem is not a raid mob, it's just hard trash. The golems in Fear are raid mobs. Now, you can absolutely say it's not the same tier as dragons, but it's also not the same as what was hotfixed.

Considering the speed of other fixes, I'm going to say this is intentional.

Additionally, EoV dropping Kunark loot is also probably intentional. If the hardest mob drops items from the next expansion, it gives guilds motivation to kill the hardest mobs instead of farming just the easy ones.
  16. TheGoblin Elder

EoV didn't drop Kunark loot. A Azzarack on island 2 did. EoV dropped the normal loot for him it looked like.
    YourJobNotYourLife likes this.
  17. YourJobNotYourLife Elder

Ah, sorry, bad information on my part. Well, I think it would be a cool idea if that was the case!
  18. Protocol Dragon Defender

19. HoodenShuklak Augur

Keep killing them. I want to see full planar sets cheaper than banded.
    Anduvar and Nyvlag like this.
  20. Nyvlag Elder

[IMG]
    Anduvar, Ruhi, Duder and 1 other person like this.