The state of monks causes a lot of problems for every other melee class in the game.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by WokeCat, May 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grogak The Champion

I logged in just to like this. That's been my philosophy since the beginning.
  2. Sephren New Member

Same. This thread also helped me get off the fence on what to play though. Gonna go rogue, never played one before.
  3. Corydon Augur

If doing dmg is all you're after, just roll a monk and feel good.
    Or maybe just don't give a flying fuckeroni and enjoy the game playing a class you like.

Best regards,
    a non-boxing ranger not afraid to start in classic on Thornblade.
  4. WokeCat Augur

As a level 50 on Thornblade I can tell you that Rogues are virtually un played and super bad. We invited one to the group and regretted it because despite having planar weapons he was getting out DPSd by the shaman pet.

Rogues aren’t even good at stealth. Rangers are better at stealth. Need to go pick up the new player who just joined? You going to send the 20% movement speed hide/sneak rogue, or the 130% movement speed Ranger who has invis and can invis the new guy he was sent to pick up? Watching Rangers in my group invis up and run around passed mobs to get rates and just imagining a slow Rogue trying to waddle around at reduced movement speed attempting to do the same.

Rogues should be the best at invis, but they aren’t. Saying that rogue is the best at invis is like saying Cleric is the best at invis because they get IVU. Being able to invis to everything does not change the fact that Rangers have invis, can share it with their groups or lull to by passed most mobs anyways.

Rogue movement speed shouldn’t be so bad when stealthed, and they should be able to invis other players if they even want to offer invis as a utility. Otherwise it’s just a lame gimmick.
  5. wade_watts Augur

I call BS on your 50 rogue with planar gear / weapons getting out DPS'd by a shaman pet. Just get over it dude. Go back to p99 if all you are going to do is stank up the forums with your hyper embellished examples.
    Kylo Classic likes this.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

[IMG]
    Triconix and Kylo Classic like this.
  7. Triconix Augur

That's not the rogue class being the issue. That's you grouping with a lazy, terrible player.

You now just experienced what it's like grouping with a bad. You'll find plenty. Shocking, I know, considering how most of gameplay at the moment is auto attack or clicking a couple spells.
  8. Bullsnooze Augur

Lol, you can't seriously expect anyone to believe this statement without a parse for proof do you? (Parse would probably show a lazy Rogue anyway).

P.S. - The wolf pet that 'Frenzied Spirit' summons is only 36 lol.
  9. Kylo Classic Augur

Wokecat is a P99 troll. Just last week he claimed they were OP. He just wants a reaction.
    Appren likes this.
  10. WokeCat Augur

Like I care enough about a bad class to run a parse to prove how bad statistics and previous data already reveals them to be. I will never invite another Rogue to my group, it is the absolute dumbest thing you can do when you're trying to be competitive and race for fire giants and efreeti. Druid = Charm Sonic Bat = insane damage. Enchanter = charm Lava Duct Crawler = insane damage. Rogue = get out of my group, you aren't even worth the mana it costs to buff or heal.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.